Geographic Coordinates: 39.832000, -105.151000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Climate: Arvada, United States has a varied climate and weather patterns throughout the year.
Arvada is a city located in Jefferson County, Colorado, United States. It is a suburb of Denver and has a population of over 120, 000 people. The city is situated at an elevation of 5, 430 feet above sea level and covers an area of approximately 23 square miles. The history of Arvada dates back to the mid-1850s when gold was discovered in the nearby mountains. The town was officially incorporated in 1904 and has since grown into a thriving community with excellent schools, Beautiful parks, And numerous recreational activities.
One of the most popular attractions in Arvada is Olde Town Arvada which features historic buildings that have been restored to their original beauty. Visitors can stroll along the streets lined with shops, Restaurants, Galleries and enjoy live music performances during summer weekends. Another must-visit destination for nature lovers is the Majestic View Nature Center which offers visitors breathtaking views of wildlife habitats including wetlands and prairies. The center also features interactive exhibits on local flora and fauna as well as guided hikes through its trails.
For those interested in outdoor activities such as hiking or biking, Apex Park boasts over 9 miles of trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Additionally, Standley Lake Regional Park provides opportunities for boating fishing picnicking camping among other recreational activities.
Arvada also boasts several cultural institutions including the Arvada Center for Arts & Humanities which hosts various art exhibitions theater productions concerts festivals throughout the year; The Cussler Museum showcasing rare automobiles from around world; And Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum featuring rotating exhibits on quilting traditions techniques from different parts world , Arvada offers something for everyone whether it’s exploring history at Olde Town or enjoying outdoor recreation at Apex Park or Standley Lake Regional Park; cultural experiences at Arvada Center for Arts & Humanities or Cussler Museum; Or simply relaxing in one of the city’s many beautiful parks.
With its friendly community, Excellent schools, And convenient location near Denver International Airport, Arvada is a great place to visit or call home.
- Olde Town Arvada – a charming historic district with shops, restaurants, and events.
- Apex Park – a popular hiking and mountain biking destination with stunning views of the city.
- Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge – a nature preserve with hiking trails and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities – a cultural hub with theater performances, art exhibits, and classes.
- Indian Tree Golf Course – a scenic golf course with mountain views and challenging holes.
- Van Bibber Park – a peaceful park with walking trails and a fishing pond.
- Blunn Reservoir – a serene spot for fishing and birdwatching.
- Ralston Creek Trail – a scenic bike path that runs through Arvada and connects to other trails in the area.
- Standley Lake Regional Park – a popular spot for fishing, boating, and hiking with beautiful views of the mountains.
- Arvada Flour Mill Museum – a historic flour mill that has been restored and turned into a museum showcasing the history of Arvada’s agricultural past.
- Healthcare and Social Assistance: This industry encompasses hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
- Retail Trade: This industry includes stores that sell clothing, electronics, groceries, and other consumer goods.
- Manufacturing: Companies in this industry produce a variety of goods such as machinery, equipment, food products etc.
- Professional Services: This industry includes businesses such as law firms and accounting firms.
- Construction: Companies in this sector build new structures or renovate existing ones.
- Education Services: Schools and universities that provide education to students at all levels are part of this industry.
- Finance and Insurance: Banks & financial institutions offering loans & insurance services to the public form part of this sector.
- Technology Industry : The technology-based companies have started expanding here due to its availability of skilled workforce.
- Food Industry : With a variety of restaurants ranging from fast food chains to fine dining options Arvada has a thriving food scene.
- The first recorded settlement in Arvada was in 1850 by gold prospectors during the Colorado Gold Rush.
- In 1870, the town of Arvada was officially founded and named after Hiram Arvada Haskin, who was a friend of Benjamin Wadsworth, one of the town’s founders.
- The Arvada Flour Mill, one of the oldest buildings in Arvada, was built in 1925 and is now a museum.
- In 1941, Camp George West was established as a training facility for soldiers during World War II and later became a National Guard training center.
- In 1956, the first McDonald’s restaurant opened in Colorado on Westadams Street in Arvada.
- John F Kennedy visited Olde Towne Arvada on September 13th,1960 while campaigning for President.
- Notable people from or associated with Arvada include professional golfer Hale Irwin; former NFL player Dave Logan; actor Tim Allen; and musician Isaac Slade (lead singer of The Fray).
- Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
- Cussler Museum
- Indian Tree Golf Course and Park
- Majestic View Nature Center and Park
- Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge
- Apex Center
- Olde Town Arvada Historic District
- Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge
- Standley Lake Regional Park
- Bruce Randolph School Garden
- Arvada Colts Baseball Team: Founded in 1974, the Arvada Colts are a collegiate summer baseball team that has won multiple league championships and produced numerous professional players.
- Arvada Hockey Association: Established in 1975, the Arvada Hockey Association offers youth hockey programs for boys and girls aged 4-18. The association has helped develop many successful players who have gone on to play at the collegiate level.
- Apex Tennis Center: This state-of-the-art facility provides tennis programs suitable for all ages and skill levels throughout the year, including hosting the USTA Junior Team Tennis Championships.
- Ralston Valley High School Football Team: Since its inception in 2000, Ralston Valley High School’s football team has won multiple state championships.
- Standley Lake High School Girls Soccer Team: Established in 1990, Standley Lake High School’s girls soccer team has won several conference championships and made numerous appearances at state playoffs.
- Colorado Premier Basketball Club: Based out of Arvada since its establishment, this club provides elite basketball training for boys and girls aged between eight to eighteen years old; many of its players have gone on to play college-level or professionally.
- Rocky Mountain Thunderkatz Roller Derby Team: This women’s roller derby team was founded in 2006 and competes against other teams from around the country.
- Arvada WinterFest: This holiday event includes a tree lighting ceremony, ice skating, holiday market, live entertainment, and visits with Santa Claus.
- Arvada on Tap: This beer festival features local breweries showcasing their craft beers along with food trucks and live music.
- Arvada Trails Day Festival: Held in June each year, this festival celebrates the city’s extensive trail system with guided hikes, bike rides, educational exhibits, and family-friendly activities.
- Arvada Days: This event commemorates the city’s founding with historical reenactments, live music performances, and a parade.
- Harvest Fest & Scarecrow Contest: Held annually at the Majestic View Nature Center in Arvada, this event features a scarecrow contest as well as pumpkin decorating, carnival games, and hayrides.
- Spring Fling Arts & Crafts Festival: This outdoor festival showcases local artists and crafters selling their handmade wares while also featuring food vendors and live entertainment.
- Oktoberfest at Homegrown Tap & Dough: This annual celebration of German culture includes traditional food and drink specials along with live music performances.
- School House Kitchen & Libations is a popular restaurant known for their elevated American comfort food and craft cocktails.
- Steuben’s Arvada is a retro-style diner that serves classic American dishes like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese.
- Rheinlander Bakery is a famous German bakery that specializes in fresh-baked bread, pastries, and cakes.
- Odyssey Italian Restaurant offers traditional pasta dishes, pizza, and seafood in an Italian-themed atmosphere.
- The Arvada Tavern has a cozy vintage vibe with upscale pub fare and craft cocktails as their specialties.
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant & Brewpub serves Indian-Nepalese cuisine along with their own on-site brewed beers.
- La Dolce Vita Ristorante Italiano is an intimate Italian restaurant that specializes in homemade pasta dishes and seafood.
- Olde Towne Tavern & Grill is a casual pub with a wide selection of beers on tap along with burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more.
- New Image Brewing Company is a local brewery that offers various craft beer options as well as snacks such as pretzels or charcuterie boards to complement your drink of choice.
- Thai Chili Asian Grill serves up delicious Thai cuisine such as Pad Thai noodles or Tom Yum soup alongside sushi rolls or bento boxes to either take away or enjoy within the comfortable surroundings of this modern venue located near the intersection of Wadsworth Boulevard & 80th Avenue in Arvada Colorado.
- Apex Park and Recreation District offers a wide range of recreational activities, including fitness classes, sports leagues, swimming pools, and parks.
- Arvada Skatepark is a popular skateboarding destination with features such as rails, ramps, and bowls.
- Van Bibber Park is a 120-acre park that includes hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and a fishing pond.
- Indian Tree Golf Course is an 18-hole golf course with stunning views of the Rocky Mountains.
- Ralston-Central Park is a community gathering place with walking paths, playgrounds, picnic areas and an amphitheater for concerts and events.
- Standley Lake Regional Park offers boating opportunities on its 3-mile long lake as well as hiking trails around the water’s edge.
- Majestic View Nature Center & Community Park features interactive exhibits on local wildlife in addition to nature trails through wetlands habitats.
- Apex Center Ice Arena is an indoor ice arena offering public skating sessions as well as ice hockey leagues for all ages.
- Olde Town Arvada Square is a historic downtown district filled with shops, restaurants and galleries where visitors can stroll around or enjoy outdoor concerts during summer months.
- West Woods Golf Club has three courses designed by Richard M Phelps that offer different levels of challenge to golfers while providing spectacular views of the mountains.