Bagong Silangan, Philippines
Region: Quezon City
Geographic Coordinates: 14.709400, 121.100000
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 35.0°C (68°F to 95°F)
Climate: Tropical climate with high humidity and frequent rainfall throughout the year.
Bagong Silangan is a barangay located in the eastern part of Quezon City, Philippines. It is known for its large population, Estimated at over 200, 000 residents, And covers an area of approximately 1, 800 hectares. The barangay borders neighboring municipalities such as San Mateo in Rizal province and Rodriguez (formerly Montalban) in Rizal. The name Bagong Silangan means New East and refers to its location relative to other parts of Quezon City. The area was once agricultural land before it was developed into a residential community during the 1980s.
Today, Bagong Silangan has modern infrastructure such as roads, Bridges, Schools, Hospitals, Commercial centers and government offices. One notable landmark in Bagong Silangan is the Batasan Hills National High School which serves as a secondary education institution for students residing within its vicinity. Another attraction worth visiting is La Mesa Eco Park which offers visitors an opportunity to experience nature amidst urban living. Bagong Silangan also has its own public market where residents can buy fresh produce at affordable prices.
Transportation infrastructure includes several jeepney routes that connect it to other parts of Quezon City including Cubao and Katipunan Avenue where major universities are located. Overall Bagong Silangan is a vibrant community that reflects the progress of Quezon City as a whole. Its residents are proud of their heritage and culture which is evident in various festivals celebrated throughout the year such as the Feast of San Roque, Holy Week and Christmas. With its growing population and modern amenities, Bagong Silangan has become a desirable location for families looking for affordable yet comfortable living in Metro Manila.
- There are also various services available in Bagong Silangan, including barber shops and salons for personal grooming needs.
- Overall, Bagong Silangan offers a diverse range of industries and businesses that provide employment opportunities for its residents and contribute to the local economy.
- Bagong Silangan was established in 1982 as a resettlement area for informal settlers under the National Housing Authority.
- The Bagong Silangan Elementary School and Bagong Silangan High School were constructed to provide education for the new residents.
- The Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) church was founded in Bagong Silangan and has become one of the largest and most influential religious organizations in the Philippines.
- Former barangay captain Wilfredo Willy Reyes was elected as a member of Congress representing Quezon City’s 2nd District in 2010.
- Notable personalities from or who have lived in Bagong Silangan include actor John Lloyd Cruz, actress Angelica Panganiban, and singer-songwriter Gloc-9.
- Bagong Silangan is a barangay located in Quezon City, Philippines.
- Sports are an essential part of the community’s culture and way of life.
- There are several sports teams in Bagong Silangan that represent the barangay in various competitions and tournaments.
- Basketball is one of the most popular sports in Bagong Silangan, and there are several basketball courts scattered throughout the village. Many local teams participate in different leagues and tournaments around Quezon City.
- Aside from basketball, volleyball is also a popular sport among residents of Bagong Silangan. There are several volleyball courts where locals can play friendly matches or join organized leagues.
- Football has gained popularity among young people living in Bagong Silangan. Several football clubs have been established over the years to cater to those who want to learn or improve their skills on the pitch.
- Overall, sports play a vital role not only as a form of recreation but also as a means for building camaraderie among residents of Bagong Silangan.
- Feast of Our Lady of Light – celebrated every February 2nd to honor the patron saint of Bagong Silangan.
- Araw ng Barangay – a week-long celebration held every August to commemorate the establishment of Bagong Silangan as a barangay.
- Palaro ng Lahi – an annual sports festival that showcases traditional Filipino games and sports.
- Christmas Celebrations – like many other places in the Philippines, Christmas is a big event in Bagong Silangan with various activities such as caroling and parades.
- Flores de Mayo – a month-long festival celebrated during May that features colorful floral offerings to Our Lady.
Please note that these events may be subject to change or cancellation due to current circumstances related to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions or other factors beyond our control.
- Lutong Bahay ni Aling Cora is a well-known eatery that serves traditional Filipino dishes like adobo, sinigang, and kare-kare.
- Mang Inasal is a fast-food chain that specializes in grilled chicken with unlimited rice.
- Jollibee is another fast-food chain famous for its fried chicken and spaghetti.
- Bulaluhan sa Silangan is renowned for its bulalo (beef bone marrow soup) as well as other Filipino delicacies like sisig and crispy pata.
- Gerry’s Grill offers casual dining with an array of Filipino dishes such as grilled seafood, pork sisig, and Kare-Kareng Bagnet.
- Kanto Freestyle Breakfast serves all-day breakfast meals like tapsilog (beef tapa with garlic rice), longsilog (sausage with garlic rice), and tocilog (sweet cured pork with garlic rice).
- Kusina ni Mang Urot provides affordable Filipino meals such as adobo flakes, bicol express, and sizzling sisig.
- Chowking is a fast-food chain that serves Chinese-inspired dishes like dimsums,noodle soups,fried rice bowls etc
- McDonald’s has a branch located in Bagong Silangan which offers various burgers,fries,sodas etc