Chí Linh, Vietnam
Region: Hải Dương province
Geographic Coordinates: 21.133000, 106.383000
Temperature Range: 15.0°C to 35.0°C (59°F to 95°F)
Chí Linh is a town in Hai Duong Province, Vietnam, Located about 50 kilometers east of Hanoi. With a population of approximately 100, 000 people, Chí Linh is known for its rich history, Beautiful scenery and cultural significance. One of the main attractions in Chí Linh is the Kiep Bac Temple which was built to honor Tran Hung Dao – a national hero who defeated Mongol invaders during the 13th century. The temple complex consists of several buildings including a main hall that houses an altar to Tran Hung Dao and other important figures from Vietnamese history.
Dong Ho Village is another popular destination in Chí Linh which is famous for its traditional folk paintings made using woodcuts and natural dyes. These paintings depict scenes from everyday life such as farming, Fishing and festivals. The Ba Chua Kho Temple located in Chí Linh was built to worship Lady Kho – the goddess of wealth – and attracts many visitors seeking good fortune or luck in their business ventures. Apart from these cultural landmarks, Visitors can also enjoy stunning natural beauty with hills covered by lush green forests and rice paddies stretching out into the distance.
Scenic walks along trails through these landscapes or views from lookout points like Nui Coc Lake or Phuong Hoang Mountain are some options available for tourists. For those looking for more adventurous activities while visiting Chí Linh there are options like rock climbing at Ba Den Mountain or exploring caves at Bang Mountain National Park. Overall, Chí Linh offers a unique blend of culture, History and nature that makes it an ideal destination for travelers looking to experience all Vietnam has to offer beyond just its bustling cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- Kiep Bac Temple: A historic temple complex dedicated to General Tran Hung Dao.
- Pha Lai Thermal Power Plant: A major power generation facility that offers tours for visitors.
- Dong Xam Silver Village: A traditional village known for its silver crafts and jewelry.
- Chi Linh Golf Course: An 18-hole golf course designed by Lee Trevino.
- Thanh Mau Pagoda: A beautiful pagoda with a peaceful atmosphere and stunning views.
- Dai Lai Lake: A scenic lake surrounded by mountains and forests, popular for boating and fishing activities.
- Ngoc Son Temple: An ancient temple located on a hilltop offering panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Ba Chua Kho Temple: A religious site dedicated to the goddess of wealth and prosperity, attracting many pilgrims every year.
- Binh Son Village Communal House: An impressive communal house built in the 17th century with intricate carvings and decorations.
- Chu Dau Ceramic Village: One of Vietnam’s oldest ceramic villages with a long history of producing high-quality pottery products.
- Chí Linh is a district located in the Hai Duong province of Vietnam.
- The region is known for its fertile land and favorable climate, making it an agricultural hub that produces various crops such as rice, corn, vegetables, fruits, and livestock.
- Additionally, there are several manufacturing facilities that produce textiles, garments, footwear, electronics components and machinery in the area.
- As the region around Hanoi city’s outskirts continues to urbanize rapidly – including Bac Ninh province where Chi Linh is located – there has been an increasing demand for construction services.
- There are also several mineral resources available in Chí Linh such as limestone which is used in cement production.
- The district serves as an important transportation hub connecting Hanoi with other provinces like Quang Ninh or Hai Phong through National Highway 18 (QL18) or National Highway 37 (QL37).
- As a result of this strategic location and infrastructure development logistics companies operate here providing transport services to connect goods from different regions of Vietnam together before shipping them abroad or distributing them domestically within Vietnam itself.
- Tourism also plays a significant role in Chi Linh’s economy with many hotels and resorts catering to tourists visiting nearby attractions.
- Education opportunities are also available within the community without having to travel far away from home for studies elsewhere which can be expensive both financially as well as time-wise due to long commutes involved daily back-and-forth between home & school/college/university campus(es).
- The Battle of Chi Linh was a significant event during the First Indochina War. It occurred in 1950 and involved French forces fighting against the Viet Minh. The battle ended with a victory for the Viet Minh, which helped to boost their morale.
- General Vo Nguyen Giap played an important role in the Battle of Chi Linh and is considered one of Vietnam’s most influential military commanders. He led many successful campaigns against foreign invaders, including the French and Americans.
- Hoang Van Thu was a Vietnamese revolutionary who fought against both French colonialism and Japanese occupation during World War II. He organized resistance movements in northern Vietnam before being captured by French forces and executed in 1947.
- Pham Van Dong served as Prime Minister of Vietnam from 1955 to 1987, making him one of modern history’s longest-serving heads of government. He played an instrumental role in negotiating peace agreements with China and France while leading Vietnam through its post-war reconstruction period.
- The Dong Trieu-Chi Linh Uprising aimed to overthrow colonial rule through armed struggle between 1908-1910 led by Phan Boi Chau.
- The Trung Sisters Rebellion (40-43 AD) marked one of the earliest attempts by Vietnamese people to resist Chinese domination over their country.
- Nguyen Khac Nhuong was a famous scholar from Chí Linh who wrote extensively about Vietnamese culture, history, and literature during his lifetime (1759-1822). His works are still highly regarded today for their insights into traditional Vietnamese values and beliefs.
- Kiep Bac Temple: A historic temple dedicated to General Tran Hung Dao, a national hero who defeated Mongol invaders in the 13th century.
- Con Son-Kiep Bac National Historical Site: A complex of cultural and historical relics including temples, pagodas, tombs and monuments related to the Tran Dynasty.
- Chi Linh Golf Course: One of the best golf courses in Vietnam with beautiful scenery and challenging holes.
- Ngoc Son-Ngo Luong Nature Reserve: A protected area with diverse flora and fauna, waterfalls, caves and hiking trails.
- Hoang Hoa Tham Park: A public park with a lake for boating, playgrounds for children and walking paths for exercise.
- Dai Lai Lake: A scenic lake surrounded by mountains where visitors can enjoy water sports like kayaking or fishing.
- Dong Temple Festival: An annual festival held on the 10th day of the first lunar month to honor Saint Dong Co who is believed to protect fishermen from storms at sea.
- Chi Linh Market: A bustling market selling local products like fruits, vegetables, seafood and handicrafts from ethnic minorities living in the area.
- Phù Đổng Thiên Vương Festival – held annually to honor the legendary king who founded the country.
- Kite Festival – held every year during springtime and attracts thousands of visitors from all over Vietnam.
- Cau Ngu Festival – celebrated by fishermen to pray for a good catch and safe voyage.
- Do Son Buffalo Fighting Festival – a traditional event that involves buffalo fighting competitions taking place in Do Son district near Chí Linh.
- Lim Pagoda Festival – takes place around mid-autumn and features various cultural activities such as music performances, games, and food stalls.
- Bánh cuốn: a dish made of steamed rice rolls filled with minced pork and mushrooms.
- Phở bò: a beef noodle soup that is a staple of Vietnamese cuisine.
- Nem nướng: grilled pork sausage served with rice paper, herbs, and dipping sauce.
- Bún chả cá: fish cake noodles served with broth and fresh herbs.
- Cơm tấm: broken rice served with grilled pork chops or shredded pork skin.
Some popular restaurants in Chí Linh that serve these dishes include:
- Quán Ăn Mỹ Hạnh
- Quán ăn Thanh Tùng
- Nhà hàng Trúc Lâm
- Nhà hàng Hoàng Yến
- Nhà hàng Ngon Hải Đăng
- Hoàng Hoa Thám Park
- Ngọc Sơn Temple and Park
- Chí Linh Golf Course
- Đồng Mô Lake
- Bắc Sơn Temple and Park
- Tân An Amusement Park
- Hòa Lạc Hi-tech Park Greenery Area
- Vườn Quốc Gia Xuân Thủy – Xuan Thuy National Park (located nearby)
- Hải Đăng Beach (located nearby)