Region: Santa Catarina
Geographic Coordinates: -26.320400, -48.843700
Temperature Range: 16.0°C to 28.0°C (61°F to 82°F)
Climate: Tropical climate with high humidity and frequent rainfall throughout the year in Joinville, Brazil.
Joinville is a charming city located in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil. It is the largest city in the region and one of the most important industrial centers in the country. The city was founded by German immigrants in 1851 and still retains much of its European heritage. One of Joinville’s most famous attractions is its annual dance festival, Festival de Dança de Joinville. This event brings together dancers from all over Brazil and other countries to compete and showcase their talents. It is considered one of the largest dance festivals in Latin America.
Another popular attraction in Joinville is the Museu Nacional de Imigração e Colonização (National Museum of Immigration and Colonization). The museum tells the story of how German, Swiss, Norwegian, Italian and other European immigrants came to settle in Joinville during the 19th century. Visitors can see artifacts such as clothing, Furniture, Tools used by these early settlers. Joinville’s beautiful parks are also worth a visit. One such park is Parque Zoobotânico (Zoo-Botanical Park), Which has over 150 species of animals including jaguars, Monkeys, Birds as well as an impressive collection of plants from various regions around Brazil.
The Boa Vista neighborhood boasts some stunning architecture with many buildings designed by renowned architects such as Gustavo Puschner who was responsible for designing many public buildings throughout Joinville during his career. Foodies will love exploring Joinville’s culinary scene which includes traditional German dishes like sausages or schnitzel but also features Brazilian cuisine with fresh seafood caught daily from nearby coastal towns like Penha or Balneário Camboriú. if you’re interested in shopping then you won’t be disappointed with what this city has to offer!
There are several malls including Shopping Mueller which has over 200 stores ranging from high-end fashion brands to local boutiques selling handmade crafts unique to this area. Overall, Joinville is a beautiful city with a rich cultural heritage that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, Dance, Nature or food, This city has it all!
- Joinville Zoo is one of the biggest and most popular zoological parks in Brazil, home to over 2,000 animals.
- Museu Nacional de Imigração e Colonização is a museum that’s dedicated to the history of immigration and colonization in Joinville.
- Boa Vista Hill offers a scenic lookout point that provides panoramic views of the city and surrounding countryside.
- Morro da Boa Vista Park is a public park with hiking trails, picnic areas, and a playground for children.
- Municipal Market is a bustling marketplace that sells fresh produce, seafood, meat, cheese, and other local products.
- Cau Hansen Events Park is an outdoor venue for concerts, festivals, fairs, and other cultural events throughout the year.
- Joinville Cathedral Basilica is the largest church in Joinville with beautiful stained glass windows and ornate architecture.
- Mirante do Vigia Hill offers another lookout point that provides stunning views of the city from atop a hill.
- Shopping Mueller Joinville is one of the biggest shopping centers in town with numerous stores selling clothes & accessories for all ages.
- Prainha de São Francisco do Sul is the closest beach to Joinville where you can enjoy sunbathing or water sports like surfing or jet skiing.
- Joinville is home to many manufacturing companies, especially in the metalworking industry.
- Some of the largest manufacturers include Tupy, Whirlpool, Embraco, Schulz S.A., BMW Group Brasil.
- Joinville has a growing technology sector with many startups focused on software development, e-commerce platforms, and mobile applications.
- The service sector is also an important part of the economy in Joinville with many companies offering financial services, logistics services as well as hospitality services such as hotels and restaurants.
- Agriculture also plays an important role in Joinville’s economy with crops like rice beans potatoes cassava maize among others being grown here.
- With several universities located here including Univille (University of joinvile), education is another significant contributor to the city’s economy.
- Trade fairs such as Expoville attract business from all over Brazil attracting tourists too which adds to commerce growth.
- Joinville is a city located in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil.
- It has a rich history with many notable events and people associated with it.
- One of the most significant events in Joinville’s history was the arrival of German immigrants in 1851.
- The city still retains a strong German influence today.
- In the late 19th century, Joinville became an important industrial center, producing textiles, shoes, and other goods.
- Prince Franz of Bavaria visited Joinville in 1875 and helped establish a brewery that would become one of Brazil’s largest beer producers.
- During World War II, Joinville was home to many Italian and German immigrants who were suspected of being Nazi sympathizers.
- The composer Carlos Gomes was born nearby but spent much of his career in Italy.
- He is considered one of Brazil’s greatest composers and wrote several operas still performed today.
- The Bolshoi Ballet Academy opened its first foreign campus in Joinville in 2000.
- Today it is one of the most prestigious ballet schools in Brazil.
- Since 1983, Joinville has hosted an annual dance festival that attracts thousands from around the world called Festival de Dança de Joinville.
- Expoville Convention Center hosts national events such as fairs for cars or motorcycles besides concerts from national artists like Ivete Sangalo or Marília Mendonça.
- Museu Nacional de Imigração e Colonização (National Museum of Immigration and Colonization)
- Museu de Arte de Joinville (Joinville Art Museum)
- Casa da Cultura Fausto Rocha Júnior (Fausto Rocha Junior Cultural Center)
- Catedral São Francisco Xavier (Saint Francis Xavier Cathedral)
- Memorial do Imigrante (Immigrant Memorial)
- Praça da Bandeira (Flag Square)
- Parque Zoobotânico Joinville (Joinville Zoobotanical Park)
- Teatro Juarez Machado (Juarez Machado Theater)
- Mirante do Boa Vista (Boa Vista Viewpoint)
- Mercado Público Municipal de Joinville (Joinville Public Market)
Joinville Esporte Clube (JEC):
- Founded in 1976
- Won five Campeonato Catarinense championships
- Won one Copa Santa Catarina
- Won one Série C championship
Associação Desportiva Vasto Verde (ADV):
- Founded in 1959
- Won six Liga Nacional de Futsal championships
- Won four Campeonato Catarinense de Futsal championships
- Won three Taça Brasil de Futsal championships
- Founded in 2005
- Competes in the Novo Basquete Brasil league
- Founded in 2008
- Based in Joinville
Jolly Roger Roller Derby:
- Founded in 2010
- Based in Joinville
Overall, these teams have helped to make Joinville a popular spot for sports enthusiasts due to their impressive records and dedicated fan bases.
- Festival de Dança de Joinville – The Joinville Dance Festival is a renowned dance event that attracts over 5,000 dancers from Brazil and around the world.
- Festa das Flores – The Flower Festival celebrates the arrival of spring with stunning flower displays, music, dance performances, and delicious food.
- Encontro Nacional de Motociclistas – The National Motorcycle Meeting is a gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts from across Brazil who come together to share their love for biking.
- Feira da Sapatilha – The Ballet Shoe Fair is an annual event where visitors can purchase ballet shoes and other dance accessories.
- Festa do Colono e Motorista – This celebration honors farmers and drivers who have contributed to Joinville’s growth with parades, food stalls, and other festivities.
- Oktoberfest Joinville – A traditional German festival that features live music, games, food stalls, and of course beer!
- Festival de Teatro de Joinville- This theater festival showcases local theater groups as well as national troupes performing plays in various venues throughout the city.
- Festa da Cerveja Artesanal- This craft beer festival highlights some of the best artisanal brews produced locally in Santa Catarina state.
- Festival Gastronômico Sabores de Joinville- This culinary festival brings together top chefs from Joiville to offer visitors an opportunity to indulge in delicious local cuisine.
- Carnaval em Joiville- Joiville has its own unique carnival traditions including street parties (blocos), samba school parades etc., which are celebrated during Carnival season just like across Brazil!
- Joinville, Brazil is renowned for its German-influenced cuisine and delectable seafood dishes.
- Some of the most popular local delicacies include:
- Eisbein (pork knuckle)
- Kassler (smoked pork loin)
- Marreco recheado (stuffed duck)
- Pirão de peixe (fish stew thickened with manioc flour)
- If you’re looking for a place to savor these mouth-watering delights, then Joinville has a plethora of options to choose from.
- Some of the top-rated restaurants in Joinville that serve these dishes are:
- Restaurante e Choperia Schornstein
- Bistrô da Vila
- Restaurante Dona Francisca
- Sushi House Joinville
- Churrascaria Grill Sul
- Parque da Cidade: A large park with walking trails, playgrounds, sports fields, and a lake for fishing and boating.
- Zoobotanical Park: A combination zoo and botanical garden with over 100 species of animals and plants.
- Joinville Municipal Market: A popular market selling fresh produce, crafts, and souvenirs.
- Boa Vista Hill: A scenic lookout point offering panoramic views of the city.
- Joinville Museum of Art: Showcasing contemporary art from local artists.
- Joinville Cultural Foundation: Hosting various cultural events such as music concerts, theater performances, and art exhibitions.
- Morro do Finder Ecological Park – a nature reserve with hiking trails through lush forested areas
- Sambaqui Archaeological Site Museum – showcasing artifacts from the indigenous people who lived in the region before European colonization
- Cau Hansen Events Center – hosting various events such as concerts, fairs, and exhibitions throughout the year
- Mirante de Joinville – another scenic lookout point offering stunning views of the cityscape below