Pak Kret, Thailand
Geographic Coordinates: 13.912500, 100.498000
Temperature Range: 23.0°C to 35.0°C (73°F to 95°F)
Climate: Climate: Tropical savanna climate with wet and dry seasons. Weather patterns: Hot and humid throughout the year, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 35°C. Wet season from May to October, with heavy rainfall and occasional flooding. Dry season from November to April, with lower humidity and occasional dust storms.
Pak Kret is a district in the Nonthaburi province of Thailand, Located just north of Bangkok. It is situated on the eastern bank of the Chao Phraya River and is well-known for its scenic views and cultural landmarks. Pak Kret has become a popular destination for tourists who want to experience Thai culture away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. One of the most popular attractions in Pak Kret is Wat Sanam Nua, A Buddhist temple that dates back to the 18th century. The temple features stunning architecture, Intricate carvings, And impressive murals depicting Buddhist stories.
Visitors can also witness monks performing their daily rituals or attend meditation classes. Another must-visit attraction in Pak Kret is Koh Kred Island, Which can be accessed by boat from Wat Sanam Nua pier. The island offers visitors an opportunity to experience traditional Thai culture through handicrafts such as pottery making, Weaving, And wood carving. Visitors can also sample local delicacies such as kanom krok (coconut pancakes) or som tam (papaya salad). For those seeking outdoor activities, There are several parks in Pak Kret that offer beautiful scenery and recreational facilities such as jogging tracks and bicycle rentals.
One such park is Suan Tan Sri Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi Park which boasts picturesque gardens with fountains and sculptures. Food lovers will be pleased with Pak Kret’s diverse culinary scene. From street food vendors selling grilled meats on skewers to upscale restaurants serving fusion cuisine, There is something for everyone’s taste buds here. Seafood lovers should not miss out on visiting Talay Bua Daeng Market where fresh seafood can be bought straight off the boats docked along the river.
shopping enthusiasts will love visiting Central Plaza Chaengwattana mall which offers a wide range of international brands alongside local boutiques selling traditional Thai clothing items like sarongs and silk scarves. Overall, Pak Kret is a hidden gem that offers a unique blend of cultural experiences, Natural beauty, And modern amenities. It is an ideal destination for travelers looking to explore Thailand beyond the typical tourist hotspots.
- IMPACT Arena is a large indoor arena that hosts concerts, exhibitions, and sporting events.
- Koh Kret Island is an island in the Chao Phraya River known for its pottery and traditional Thai desserts.
- Wat Chai Watthanaram is a Buddhist temple with a stunning white pagoda and intricate architecture.
- Wat Poramai Yikawat is another beautiful temple with a large golden Buddha statue.
- Central Plaza Chaengwattana is a popular shopping mall with a wide variety of stores and restaurants.
- Thunder Dome Muang Thong Thani is an indoor stadium that hosts concerts, sports events, and exhibitions.
- The Mall Ngamwongwan is another popular shopping mall with a cinema, food court, and department stores.
- Nonthaburi Pier Night Market is a bustling night market selling street food, clothing, souvenirs, and more.
- Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) is one of Bangkok’s two main airports located just outside Pak Kret city limits.
- Yanhee International Hospital is a renowned hospital known for its cosmetic surgery procedures attracting patients from around the world.
- Tourism: Pak Kret has several tourist attractions such as the Impact Arena Exhibition and Convention Center, Koh Kret Island, and Wat Poramaiyikawat.
- Manufacturing: There are several manufacturing plants in Pak Kret that produce electronics, textiles, and food products.
- Retail: Many shopping malls and retail outlets are present in Pak Kret such as Central Plaza Chaengwattana, The Mall Ngamwongwan, and Robinson Lifestyle Chaengwattana.
- Education: Several universities and colleges are located in Pak Kret including Dhurakij Pundit University (DPU), Nonthaburi College of Technology (NCT), Rajamangala University of Technology Suvarnabhumi (RMUTSB) – Nonthaburi Campus.
- Healthcare: Several hospitals provide medical services to residents of Pak Kret including Mongkut Wattana Hospital, Bangpakok 9 International Hospital – Nonthaburi Branch.
- Agriculture: Although urbanization has taken over most parts of the district there is still some agricultural activity taking place especially on Koh-Kred Island where locals grow fruits like bananas or mangoes or vegetables like morning glory or water spinach which they sell at local markets or directly to customers who come for a visit on weekends.
- Logistics & Transportation Services – With its proximity to Bangkok city center and being located near major highways it has become an important hub for logistics companies providing warehousing facilities as well as transportation services both within Thailand & internationally through its seaport at Laem Chabang Port which is only 50 km away from here by road making it easier for exporters/importers alike who want easy access to their goods without having them stuck at customs clearance points for long hours.
- Pak Kret was a significant hub during the Ayutthaya Kingdom’s reign, which governed Thailand from 1350 to 1767.
- The region surrounding Pak Kret witnessed multiple conflicts during the Burmese-Siamese War in the late 18th century.
- In 1899, King Rama V (Chulalongkorn) paid a visit to Pak Kret and donated land for constructing a school that later transformed into Satri Nonthaburi School.
- King Rama VIII (Ananda Mahidol) visited Pak Kret in 1938 and granted land for building a hospital that eventually became Thammasat University Hospital.
- During World War II, Allied forces bombed targets in Pak Kret as part of their campaign against Japanese occupation forces.
- In recent times, Pak Kret has gained recognition for its modern advancements such as shopping malls and housing complexes.
- Notable individuals associated with Pak Kret include former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva who was born there and current Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan who represented the area in parliament before retiring from politics in 2019.
- IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center is one of Asia’s largest exhibition and convention centers, hosting various events throughout the year.
- Koh Kret Island is a small island situated in the Chao Phraya River, famous for its traditional pottery and handicrafts.
- Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat Worawihan is a stunning temple complex with intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
- Wat Sanam Nua is another temple that visitors should not miss due to its unique architecture and peaceful ambiance.
- The Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge connects Thailand to Laos over the Mekong River, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Pak Kret Floating Market is a lively market where visitors can shop for local goods, sample delicious street food, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
- The Ancient City (Muang Boran) is an extensive outdoor museum featuring replicas of some of Thailand’s most iconic historical landmarks and sites.
- Wat Poramai Yikawat is an ornate temple adorned with beautiful murals depicting Buddhist stories and teachings.
- The Royal Thai Navy Museum showcases Thailand’s naval history through exhibits on ships, weapons, uniforms, and more – making it a fascinating destination for history buffs!
- CentralPlaza Chaengwattana Mall offers visitors an array of shopping options such as shops, restaurants, cinemas along with entertainment options making it one of Pak Kret’s largest shopping malls worth visiting!
- Pak Kret United FC: It is a football club located in Pak Kret, Nonthaburi Province. The team was established in 2017 and currently participates in the Thai League 4.
- Nonthaburi FC: Although not situated specifically in Pak Kret, this football club is located nearby and has a significant fan base from the area. The team was founded in 2015 and currently competes in the Thai League 3.
- Bangkok Warriors Cricket Club: This cricket club is based at Harrow International School Bangkok (HISB), which is situated near the district of Pak Kret. The club’s establishment aimed to promote cricket among expats and local communities.
- Nonthaburi Volleyball Club: This volleyball club may not be directly based within Pak Kret but still attracts a strong following from the area due to its proximity to it. The team regularly participates at national level competitions.
Overall, while there may not be many sports teams with deep historical roots within the district of Pak Kret itself, several clubs still draw fans from the area who passionately support them during matches and tournaments they participate across Thailand’s various leagues for different sports events such as football or volleyball etc.
- Pak Kret Long Boat Race Festival: This festival is held annually in November and features exciting boat races on the Chao Phraya River.
- Pak Kret Songkran Festival: Celebrated in April, this festival marks the Thai New Year with water fights, traditional dances, and other cultural activities.
- Pak Kret Loy Krathong Festival: Held in November, this festival involves floating small boats made of banana leaves and flowers down the river as a way to pay respect to the water goddess.
- Pak Kret Food Festival: This event showcases local cuisine from various parts of Thailand and is usually held in December.
- Pak Kret Dragon Boat Racing Festival: Another popular boat racing event that takes place during the Chinese New Year celebrations in February or March.
- Pak Kret Jazz & Blues Festival: Held annually in May or June, this music festival brings together local and international jazz and blues musicians for a weekend of live performances.
- Pak Kret Lantern Festival: Celebrated during the full moon night of November, this festival involves lighting up lanterns all over town to mark the end of Buddhist Lent (Ok Phansa).
- Boat Noodle Alley – a street food destination where you can find delicious boat noodles and other Thai dishes.
- Khun Ying Restaurant – a popular restaurant that serves authentic Thai cuisine such as tom yum soup, green curry, and papaya salad.
- Chao Phraya Seafood Market – a seafood market that offers fresh seafood dishes cooked to your liking.
- Baan Mae Yui Restaurant – a cozy restaurant that serves traditional Thai dishes like pad thai, massaman curry, and mango sticky rice.
- The Pizza Company – an international pizza chain that has several branches in Pak Kret serving delicious pizzas with various toppings.
- S&P Restaurants – another popular chain of restaurants in Thailand offering both Thai and international cuisine including sandwiches, pasta, salads, and desserts.
- Poompui Bakery & Cafe – a bakery cafe known for its freshly baked pastries such as croissants, bread rolls, cakes, and pies along with coffee drinks.
- Nonthaburi Pier Park – a waterfront park that boasts a playground, jogging track, and picnic areas.
- Koh Kret Island – an island located in the Chao Phraya River that is famous for its pottery, traditional Thai food, and bike tours.
- IMPACT Muang Thong Thani – a massive convention center equipped with sports facilities such as indoor arenas for basketball, volleyball, badminton and more.
- Srinagarindra Park – a large park with ample green spaces perfect for picnics and relaxation.
- Wat Poramai Yikawat – a temple complex that offers meditation classes and cultural activities to visitors.
- Pak Kret Waterfront Market – A well-known market situated along the riverfront selling fresh seafood to customers.
- Chao Phraya River Cruise – A scenic boat ride along the river where you can see many landmarks of Bangkok while enjoying the views from the waterway.
- Siam Amazing Park – An amusement park featuring roller coasters rides, water slides, zoo & aquarium.
- Fashion Island Shopping Mall – A modern shopping mall with various shops offering clothing items, electronics & food courts.
- Talad Thai – One of Thailand’s largest wholesale markets offering goods such as fresh fruits & vegetables, flowers & artisanal crafts.