Geographic Coordinates: 22.511100, 113.316000
Temperature Range: -10.0°C to 35.0°C (14°F to 95°F)
Shuixi is a charming town located in Guizhou Province, Southwestern China. This small town boasts of its stunning natural landscapes, Rich cultural heritage, And unique architectural styles. The name Shuixi means west of water, And it is situated at the confluence of two rivers – Wujiang River and Qingshui River. The location makes it an ideal spot for fishing enthusiasts as well as nature lovers who enjoy hiking or exploring scenic trails. One of the most notable features of Shuixi is its ancient architecture that dates back to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).
Many buildings have been preserved over time, Showcasing traditional Chinese-style houses with black-tiled roofs, Red walls, And intricate wood carvings that are characteristic of this region. Apart from architecture, Shuixi is also famous for its ethnic minority cultures. The Miao people are one such group that calls this area home. Visitors can experience their distinct language, Customs, Dress styles, Music traditions and festivals by attending local events such as Dragon Boat Festival or New Year celebrations.
Another attraction in Shuixi is Huangguoshu Waterfall – one of China’s largest waterfalls which stands at 77 meters high with a width spanning 101 meters across. It offers visitors breathtaking views from different angles including from behind the waterfall itself via an underground tunnel system.
For those interested in learning more about local history or culture there are several museums within walking distance from each other including Miao Village Museum where visitors can see traditional costumes worn by various ethnic groups throughout Guizhou Province along with artifacts like jewelry pieces made using silver thread embroidery techniques passed down through generations over centuries! , Shuixi provides tourists with plenty opportunities to explore the surrounding countryside and nearby scenic spots. The town is surrounded by lush green mountains, Crystal-clear rivers and picturesque valleys which are perfect for hiking , Cycling or just taking a leisurely stroll.
Shuixi is a hidden gem that offers visitors a unique blend of history, Culture and natural beauty. Whether you’re interested in exploring ancient architecture or immersing yourself in local traditions and customs this town has something for everyone. So why not plan your next trip to Shuixi today?
- Huaguoshan Scenic Area: A beautiful mountain range with stunning views and hiking trails.
- Shuixi National Forest Park: A vast forest park with waterfalls, lakes, streams, and lush greenery.
- Xinye Ancient Town: An old town with traditional architecture and historic buildings dating back to the Ming Dynasty.
- Huangshan Mountain: A UNESCO World Heritage site known for its scenic beauty and unique rock formations.
- Taohua River Rafting: An exciting adventure activity where visitors can raft down the Taohua River amidst breathtaking scenery.
- Qiyun Mountain Scenic Area: Another scenic mountain range with temples, pagodas, caves, and natural wonders.
- Wuhu Fantawild Adventure Theme Park: A popular amusement park featuring thrilling rides, shows, and entertainment for all ages.
- Chaohu Lake Scenic Area: A picturesque lake surrounded by mountains that offers boating activities and panoramic views of the landscape.
- Jiuhua Mountain Scenic Area: One of China’s four sacred Buddhist mountains with numerous temples, shrines, statues, and holy sites to explore.
- Huangshan Tangmo Ancient Village: A well-preserved ancient village built during the Ming Dynasty known for its unique architecture style.
- Shuixi is a city located in China’s Guizhou province.
- The major industries and businesses in Shuixi include:
- The service sector
- Shuixi is known for producing:
- Other crops
- The city has rich mineral resources such as:
- Iron ore
- Lead-zinc ore
- There are also several manufacturing plants that produce:
- Machinery equipment
- Chemical products
- Food processing products
- In addition to its natural attractions such as:
- The Danxia landform scenic area
- The Wumeng Mountain National Forest Park
- Shuixi is an important transportation hub connecting Guizhou with:
- Yunnan province to the west
- Guangxi province to the south
- With increasing urbanization in the region there are growing opportunities for service sector businesses such as:
- Retail stores
- The Shuixi Rebellion was a significant peasant uprising in the late 18th century in Guizhou Province’s Shuixi region. Led by Zhang Xianzhong, the rebellion aimed to overthrow the Qing dynasty and establish a more equitable government.
- Huang Tingjian, born in Shuixi during the Song Dynasty, is known as one of China’s greatest calligraphers and poets.
- Mao Zedong spent time in Shuixi during his early years as a revolutionary leader and drew inspiration from local peasants’ struggles against poverty and oppression.
- During their retreat from Nationalist forces in 1935-36, Mao Zedong and his followers passed through Shuixi on their way to Yan’an, where they established their base of operations for many years.
- The Three Gorges Dam, completed in 2006 after decades of planning and construction, has had a profound impact on people living along the Yangtze River – including those in Shuixi – as well as China’s economy and environment more broadly speaking.
- Shuixi Museum of National Culture: This museum showcases the cultural history and heritage of the Shuixi region.
- Wuyi Square: A popular public square in the heart of Shuixi that features a statue of Mao Zedong and other historical monuments.
- Jiuqu Bridge: A historic bridge built during the Ming Dynasty that spans across a scenic river in Shuixi.
- Chaozhou Ancient City Wall: An ancient city wall that dates back to the Tang Dynasty and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Lingguang Temple: A Buddhist temple located on a hilltop with beautiful architecture and panoramic views of Shuixi.
- Xiangzi Cave Scenic Area: A natural cave formation with unique rock formations, underground rivers, and waterfalls that make for an unforgettable adventure experience.
- Jinshan Mountain Scenic Area: A scenic mountain range with hiking trails, waterfalls, and breathtaking views from its summit.
- Lingxiao Tower: A historic tower located at Lingxiao Park which is known for its intricate architecture.
- ShuiXi Forest Park: A lush green park which is home to many species of flora & fauna including rare birds & animals.
- Nanhu Lake: A serene lake surrounded by mountains which offers boating facilities to visitors who wish to explore its beauty up close.
- Shuixi Dragon Boat Festival: This festival is celebrated every June with dragon boat races, traditional performances and food.
- Shuixi International Tea Culture Festival: A week-long festival held in September to promote the tea culture of the region.
- Shuixi Cherry Blossom Festival: This festival is held in March/April when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.
- Shuixi Lantern Festival: Celebrated on the 15th day of the first lunar month with lantern displays and fireworks.
- Shuixi Nuo Opera Festival: A traditional opera festival held annually to showcase local talent and heritage.
- Shuixi International Photography Exhibition: An annual event that attracts photographers from all over the world to exhibit their work in a beautiful natural setting.
- Huaihua Folk Song Festival – The biggest folk song festival of China is celebrated here with various song competitions and performances by famous singers from across China during October or November every year.
Please note that these events may be subject to change due to various reasons such as weather conditions, government policies etc.
- Shuixi Beef Noodles – spicy beef broth with handmade noodles.
- Lao Wang Jiaozi – famous dumpling restaurant with different fillings such as pork, beef, and vegetables.
- Xiangxi Tofu Pudding – dessert made from soybeans served with sweet syrup or fruit toppings.
- Huogongdian Restaurant – hotpot restaurant offering various types of meat and vegetables for customers to cook at the table.
- Qianlongzhai Restaurant – specializes in Hunan-style cuisine like spicy fish head soup and stir-fried spicy chicken.
- Yuelinlou Restaurant – known for its fresh seafood dishes like steamed fish and shrimp stir-fry.
- Dongting Lake Fish Head Soup – local delicacy made from freshwater fish caught from Dongting Lake served in a flavorful broth with pickled vegetables and chili oil.
- Liuyang River Fish Banquet – seafood-focused restaurant offering a wide range of fish dishes cooked using traditional methods like steaming or braising.
- Wenxing Lou Restaurant- serves authentic Hunan cuisine including sour-spicy frog legs stewed with tofu cubes (酸辣田鸡), crispy fried pork belly (脆皮五花肉),and more
- Zhangjiajie Tujia Flavor Snacks- serves traditional snacks which include rice balls stuffed with sesame paste(芝麻汤圆), fried glutinous rice cake(糖醋米粉),and more
- Shuixi Park – a large park with beautiful scenery and various outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and boating.
- Xiangshan Forest Park – a scenic park with lush greenery, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
- Yuehu Lake Scenic Area – a picturesque lake surrounded by mountains, offering boat rides and fishing opportunities.
- Guangdong Shuixi Hot Spring Resort – a relaxing hot spring resort with multiple indoor and outdoor pools.
- Pingnan Botanical Garden – a botanical garden featuring diverse plant species from around the world.
- Shuixi Sports Center – an indoor sports complex offering facilities for basketball, badminton, table tennis, swimming pool etc.
- Baishi Mountain National Forest Park- A beautiful mountainous area with stunning views of the surrounding landscape where you can go for hiking or camping trips.
Note: It’s always recommended to check local travel advisories before visiting any place due to COVID-19 pandemic situation.