Taguig City, Philippines
Region: Metro Manila
Geographic Coordinates: 14.520000, 121.050000
Temperature Range: 23.0°C to 35.0°C (73°F to 95°F)
Climate: Climate: tropical monsoon climate with high humidity and rainfall throughout the year. Weather patterns: hot and humid with occasional thunderstorms and typhoons during the rainy season (June to November).
Taguig City is a highly urbanized city located in the southeastern part of Metro Manila, Philippines. It is bordered by Pasig River to the north and northeast, Makati to the west and northwest, Pateros to the east and southeast, And Muntinlupa to the southwest. The city covers an area of 45.18 square kilometers with a population of approximately 800, 000 people. The city has undergone significant development over the past few years due to its strategic location near major business districts like Bonifacio Global City (BGC) and Makati Central Business District (CBD).
BGC is a modern commercial center that houses multinational corporations, High-end residential buildings, Shopping centers, Restaurants, Bars and clubs. The district’s skyline boasts some of Metro Manila’s tallest skyscrapers. Apart from its commercial importance in Metro Manila’s economy Taguig has also become known for its cultural heritage sites such as Fort Bonifacio which was built during Spanish colonial times as part of their defense strategy against foreign invaders. The fort was later used during World War II by American forces who eventually turned it over to Philippine authorities after independence.
Another notable landmark in Taguig City is the Heritage Park where hundreds of tombs are laid out on manicured lawns surrounded by towering trees that provide shade for visitors paying their respects or just taking a stroll through this serene space. Taguig’s culinary scene reflects its diversity with numerous restaurants offering local Filipino cuisine alongside international dishes such as Japanese sushi or Italian pasta dishes. For those looking for something more casual there are also food parks popping up around BGC where food trucks serve up delicious street food like burgers or tacos along with craft beers from local breweries.
Overall Taguig City offers visitors an impressive mix of modernity combined with historical sites that highlight Philippine culture while also providing ample opportunities for dining out or nightlife entertainment making it one of Metro Manila’s most vibrant and exciting cities.
- Bonifacio Global City (BGC)
- The Venice Grand Canal Mall
- SM Aura Premier
- Ayala Malls The 30th
- McKinley Hill
- St. Anne Parish Church
- Philippine Veterans Memorial Medical Center (PVMC) Wall of Remembrance
- Mind Museum
- KidZania Manila
- Fort Bonifacio Army Museum
- The BPO/Call Center Industry is thriving in Taguig City, with major companies such as Convergys, Accenture, and Teleperformance operating there.
- Over the past decade, the Real Estate Development sector has seen a significant boom in Taguig City with many residential and commercial projects being built by major developers like Ayala Land and Megaworld.
- The Banking and Finance Industry is well-represented in Taguig City with several of the country’s largest banks having headquarters or branches there including BDO Unibank, Security Bank, and Philippine National Bank.
- Retail is a strong industry in Taguig City with several large shopping malls such as SM Aura Premier, Market! Market!, Bonifacio High Street Central Square, and Uptown Mall located there.
- The Hospitality Industry has a strong presence in Taguig City with several luxury hotels such as Shangri-La at the Fort Manila, Grand Hyatt Manila, Seda Hotel Bonifacio Global City among others attracting visitors from all over the world.
- Some manufacturing companies have set up their operations in Taguig City like Coca-Cola FEMSA Philippines Inc., Monde Nissin Corporation among others contributing to its economic growth.
- Education Sector is also flourishing in Taguig city known for its educational institutions like International School Manila (ISM), British School Manila (BSM), Everest Academy Manila among others providing quality education to students from different parts of the world.
- Battle of Taguig – a significant battle during the Philippine-American War that took place on March 29, 1899.
- The establishment of Fort Bonifacio – a former military base that was converted into a commercial and residential area in the 1990s.
- The city’s rapid urbanization and development in recent years have made it one of the fastest-growing cities in Metro Manila.
- Senator Alan Peter Cayetano – a prominent politician who served as Mayor of Taguig City from 1998 to 2004 before becoming a senator.
- Pia Wurtzbach – Miss Universe 2015, who grew up in Barangay Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City.
- The annual Higantes Festival – a colorful celebration held every November featuring giant papier-mâché figures paraded around the city streets.
- The opening of SM Aura Premier – one of the largest shopping malls in Metro Manila located within Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Taguig City’s central business district.
- The construction of several high-rise condominium buildings and luxury residential communities within BGC has attracted both local and foreign investors to invest in real estate properties within the area.
- The establishment of International School Manila- an independent international school located at University Parkway Drive corner C5 Road Extension, Bonifacio Global City,Taguig which provides education for Pre-Kinder to Grade12 students from over sixty countries worldwide since its founding on September6th ,1920 by American expatriates livingin Manila.
- The Mind Museum is a science museum that offers interactive exhibits and hands-on activities.
- Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is a modern business district that provides various options for shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Ayala Malls Market! Market! is a shopping mall that showcases Filipino culture through its unique architecture and design.
- The Venice Grand Canal Mall is an Italian-inspired shopping center with gondola rides and picturesque views of the Grand Canal.
- Philippine Veterans Museum is dedicated to honoring the country’s veterans and their sacrifices during wars.
- Heroes Cemetery (Libingan ng mga Bayani) serves as the national cemetery where Philippine heroes are buried, including former presidents, soldiers, and other notable figures in history.
- Pinto Art Museum showcases contemporary Filipino art in different forms such as paintings, sculptures, installations among others.
- BGC Arts Center serves as a cultural hub featuring various performances from theater plays to musical concerts as well as art exhibitions from local artists.
- Fort Santiago is a historical site located within Intramuros showcasing Spanish colonial architecture.
- Angel Cacnio Gallery features works by Angel Cacnio who is known for his social realist style depicting Filipino culture.
- Taguig Generals – The Taguig Generals is a basketball team that represents the city in various leagues such as the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) and the National Basketball League (NBL). They were founded in 2018 and are known for their competitive spirit.
- Taguig Lady Warriors – The Taguig Lady Warriors is a women’s volleyball team that competes in various local tournaments such as the Philippine Super Liga (PSL) and Shakey’s V-League. They were established in 2014 and have since become one of the top teams in the region.
- F.C. Meralco Manila – Although not based solely in Taguig, F.C. Meralco Manila is a professional football club that has played several games at Rizal Memorial Stadium, which is located within the city limits of Taguig.
- Team Lakay – Although not originally from Taguig, Team Lakay is a mixed martial arts team that has trained extensively at High Altitude Training Center, which is located within Barangay Lower Bicutan, Taguig City.
- Philippine Army Dragon Boat Team – The Philippine Army Dragon Boat Team trains at Fort Bonifacio, which is located within Barangay Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. They have won numerous national and international competitions over their history as a team.
- Taguig City Foundation Day is celebrated every December 8 to commemorate the city’s founding anniversary.
- The Higantes Festival is held every June 13 in honor of San Antonio de Padua and features giant puppets or higantes.
- Taguig Pabasa sa Nutrisyon is an annual event promoting proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle through activities such as cooking demos, nutrition lectures, and fitness classes.
- Flores de Mayo is a month-long celebration in May honoring the Virgin Mary with processions, floral offerings, and religious ceremonies.
- The Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary occurs every October 7 with a procession and mass honoring the patron saint of Barangay Lower Bicutan.
- Bonifacio Day Celebration commemorates Philippine hero Andres Bonifacio’s birth anniversary on November 30 with parades and wreath-laying ceremonies.
- The Christmas Lighting Ceremony marks the start of the holiday season by switching on Taguig City’s Christmas lights annually in late November or early December.
- The Taguig International Balloon Festival showcases hot air balloons from various countries along with food stalls, live music performances, and other activities for all ages as an annual event.
- Sarsa Kitchen + Bar is well-known for their contemporary Filipino cuisine and exceptional cocktails.
- Mercato Centrale is a renowned food market that offers a diverse range of local dishes and street food.
- Manam Comfort Filipino serves traditional Filipino dishes with a modern twist, making them unique and memorable.
- Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza is famous for their thin crust pizza and pasta dishes, which are always cooked to perfection.
- Recovery Food provides comfort food like rice bowls, sandwiches, and soups that are perfect for satisfying late night cravings.
- Army Navy Burger + Burrito is a fast-food chain that has become popular due to its delicious burgers, burritos, fries, and milkshakes.
- The Wholesome Table offers healthy options such as salads, smoothies, grain bowls as well as gluten-free desserts that are both nutritious and delectable.
- Kanto Freestyle Breakfast is known for serving breakfast all day long with classic Pinoy favorites such as Tapsilog or Tocilog – perfect for breakfast lovers!
- Raging Bull Burgers offer gourmet burgers made from high-quality ingredients like wagyu beef patties – definitely worth trying!
- Tipsy Pig Gastropub is known for its extensive drink menu featuring craft beers & cocktails along with American-style bar bites such as buffalo wings & nachos – the perfect place to unwind after work!
- Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is a popular destination for outdoor activities such as jogging, biking, and picnics.
- Track 30th is a sports complex that offers facilities for basketball, volleyball, futsal, and badminton.
- Veterans Park is a public park with various amenities such as playgrounds, basketball courts, and fitness equipment.
- Tenement Park is a community park that features an outdoor gym and workout area.
- McKinley Hill Stadium is a football stadium that hosts local leagues and tournaments.
- SM Aura Premier Sky Park is an elevated green space with landscaped gardens and walking paths.
- Emperador Stadium is another football stadium located in the BGC area.
- Kidzania Manila is an indoor educational theme park where kids can role-play different professions.
- The Mind Museum is an interactive science museum with exhibits on physics, biology, chemistry etc.
- Ayala Malls Serendra – shopping center with cinemas, restaurants, cafes etc.