Geographic Coordinates: 22.248600, 112.785000
Temperature Range: -20.0°C to 40.0°C (-4°F to 104°F)
Taishan, Located in the southern part of China’s Guangdong Province, Is a stunning city that attracts visitors with its natural beauty, Rich cultural heritage, And delicious cuisine. The city has a population of approximately 1.5 million people and is situated on the eastern coast. One of the most popular attractions in Taishan is Mount Taishan which stands at an impressive height of 1, 545 meters above sea level. It has been a place of pilgrimage for centuries and features several temples and ancient structures that date back to as early as the 11th century.
Another notable attraction in Taishan is the Kaiping Diaolou and Villages which were built during the Ming Dynasty to protect against bandits and invaders. These fortified towers are recognized as UNESCO World Heritage Sites due to their unique architecture that blends Chinese and Western styles. Taishan also boasts a rich culinary culture with many delicious dishes unique to the region such as seafood dishes like steamed crabs, Stir-fried shrimp, Grilled oysters along with traditional Cantonese dim sum such as siu mai (pork dumplings) or har gow (shrimp dumplings).
Aside from its natural beauty and cultural landmarks, Taishan has a thriving economy fueled by industries like electronics manufacturing, Textiles production among others. In terms of transportation infrastructure, It enjoys excellent connectivity across China thanks to its high-speed rail network connecting it with major cities including Guangzhou (the provincial capital), Shenzhen (a major economic hub), Hong Kong SAR among others. Overall, Taishan offers visitors an exciting blend of history culture nature along with modern amenities making it an ideal destination for travelers looking for an authentic Chinese experience while enjoying modern comforts at affordable prices!
- Mount Taishan is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of China’s Five Sacred Mountains.
- Dai Temple is a temple complex dedicated to the worship of Confucius, with a history dating back over 2,000 years.
- Peach Blossom Valley is a scenic area known for its beautiful peach blossoms in the spring.
- Zhongtianmen Gate serves as the entrance to Mount Taishan and features an impressive archway and traditional Chinese architecture.
- Hongmen Scenic Area boasts natural beauty with waterfalls, caves, and stunning rock formations.
- Puzhao Temple is a famous Buddhist temple located on the slopes of Mount Taishan.
- Tianwaicun Village offers visitors an opportunity to explore traditional Chinese architecture and rich cultural heritage that has been well-preserved over time.
- Lingyan Temple Pagoda dates back to China’s Tang Dynasty (618-907) and remains one of its oldest pagodas today.
- Shandong Museum of Natural History showcases the natural history and biodiversity unique to Shandong Province through various exhibits on display throughout the museum’s halls.
- Jinsha River Scenic Area provides visitors with breathtaking views that are perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking or rafting in this picturesque region full of natural wonderment!
- The major industries and businesses in Taishan, China are:
- The ancient town of Diaolou
- The Shihua Cave Scenic Area
- Taishan, located in China, holds significant historical importance.
- It was the birthplace of Sun Yat-sen, who was a revolutionary leader and also served as the first president of the Republic of China.
- During the mid-19th century Opium Wars, Taishan was one among five treaty ports that imperial China had opened to foreign trade.
- Unfortunately, in 1852, a massive earthquake devastated Taishan causing widespread destruction and tens of thousands lost their lives.
- The region around Taishan has been inhabited for centuries and is home to several ancient sites such as a neolithic settlement at Baiyun Mountain and numerous tombs from various dynasties.
- Taishan also played an essential role during World War II when it was occupied by Japanese forces for several years before being liberated by Chinese troops in 1945.
- Mount Taishan is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of China’s Five Great Mountains, renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and cultural significance.
- Dai Temple is an impressive temple complex built in honor of the god of Mount Tai, featuring stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Taishan Museum showcases the history and culture of Taishan, including ancient artifacts from the city’s past.
- Shangqing Palace is a Taoist temple with a rich history dating back to the Tang Dynasty, boasting exquisite architecture and beautiful gardens.
- Lingyan Temple is an ancient Buddhist temple known for its remarkable collection of statues and carvings.
- Puzhao Temple is another significant Taoist temple in Taishan, offering stunning views of Mount Tai from its hilltop location.
- Confucian Temple is a historic temple dedicated to Confucius, featuring traditional Chinese architecture and beautiful gardens.
- Tianwaicun Ancient Village has been well-preserved over centuries, providing visitors with a glimpse into traditional Chinese life in rural areas.
- Hongmen Reservoir Scenic Area is a gorgeous nature reserve with hiking trails, waterfalls, and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
- Fengshan Park is one of Taishan City’s most popular parks famous for its cherry blossoms during springtime.
- Taishan International Peach Blossom Festival is an annual event that takes place in March and April when the peach blossoms are in full bloom. Visitors can enjoy cultural performances, food stalls, and various activities.
- The Taishan Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month, usually in June. It features dragon boat races, traditional Chinese music performances, and local food.
- The Taishan Lantern Festival is held during the Chinese New Year period, typically in February. The town is adorned with colorful lanterns while visitors can enjoy cultural performances, fireworks displays and street fairs.
- The Taishan International Kite Festival takes place every August at Shijiu Lake Scenic Area where visitors can see a variety of kite designs from around the world and participate in kite-flying competitions.
- The Qiaoxiang Cultural Tourism Festival celebrates overseas Chinese culture originating from Taishan but now residing abroad through cultural exhibitions, folk art displays, music performances and traditional food tasting.
- Taihe Ancient Town Cultural Tourism Festival showcases ancient architecture through various activities such as temple fairs, folk art shows and local cuisine tastings.
- The Zhongshan-Taiwan Week Cultural Exchange Event promotes cultural exchange between Taiwan’s Zhongshan City and Taishan City through art exhibitions，cultural performance exchanges，and other events held annually in November or December.
Popular Dishes in Taishan:
- Taishan Shacha noodles – a type of noodle dish made with a spicy and savory sauce made from peanuts, sesame seeds, and other ingredients.
- Taishan roast goose – a roasted goose dish that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Taishan seafood – due to its proximity to the ocean, seafood is abundant in Taishan. Some popular dishes include steamed fish, shrimp dumplings, and stir-fried squid.
- Congee with preserved egg – a rice porridge dish served with preserved eggs.
- Tofu pudding – a sweet dessert made from tofu that is served cold with syrup or fruit toppings.
Popular Restaurants in Taishan:
- Yulan Seafood Restaurant – known for their fresh seafood dishes
- Jinyuanlou Restaurant – specializes in traditional Cantonese cuisine
- Hengji Roast Goose Restaurant – famous for their roast goose
- Laojie Dumpling House- serves delicious dumplings and other dim sum dishes
- Taikoo Tea House- offers traditional Chinese tea as well as snacks like mooncakes and sesame balls
- Taishan Forest Park is a vast park that features hiking trails, picnic areas, and picturesque views of the surrounding mountains.
- Taishan People’s Park is a popular destination among locals and visitors alike, boasting gardens, lakes, and walking paths.
- Jinjiang Amusement Park is an exciting place to visit for people of all ages with its thrilling rides, games, and entertainment options.
- Qiaoxi Hot Springs Resort offers guests a chance to relax in natural hot springs while receiving therapeutic treatments.
- Shixiang Lake Scenic Area is a stunning location surrounded by mountains where visitors can enjoy boating and fishing activities.
- Taishan International Golf Club is a world-class golf course situated in the scenic countryside of Taishan.
- Xinhui Water Sports Center provides visitors with opportunities to participate in water sports such as kayaking, paddleboarding, and sailing on the Xinhui River.
- Yinyuan Mountain Villa Scenic Area encompasses mountainous terrain with hiking trails that offer scenic views of the countryside below.
- Fenghuangshan National Forest Park located in Nanlang Town features breathtaking natural scenery including waterfalls and ancient rock formations as well as opportunities for outdoor recreation like hiking or camping.