Geographic Coordinates: 37.942300, 115.212000
Temperature Range: -30.0°C to 40.0°C (-22°F to 104°F)
Xinji is a city located in the Hebei province of China, Situated about 50 kilometers southwest of Shijiazhuang, Which is the capital city of Hebei. Xinji has a rich history that dates back to over 2, 500 years ago when it was known as Xincheng during the Warring States period. One of Xinji’s most notable features is its textile industry. The city has been known for its production of leather and fur garments since ancient times and now produces over 70% of China’s leather shoes.
The local government has invested heavily in modernizing this industry, Attracting many international brands such as Nike, Adidas, And Puma to set up factories in Xinji. Apart from its thriving textile industry, Xinji also boasts several cultural landmarks that attract tourists from all over China. One such landmark is the Guan Yin Temple located on Mount Guanyin. This temple was built during the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-534) and houses one of China’s largest statues of Guan Yin – a Buddhist goddess known for her compassion.
Another popular attraction in Xinji is the Qiaoxi Ancient Town which dates back to Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). This town still retains much of its original architecture including stone-paved streets lined with traditional courtyard houses made from grey bricks with black tiles. The local cuisine in Xinji also deserves mention as it offers visitors a unique culinary experience. Some popular dishes include Xinjiao – boiled lamb served with sesame paste sauce; Fengtai Roast Duck – a dish similar to Beijing roast duck but cooked with chestnut leaves; and Jingdong Chestnut – roasted chestnuts coated with sugar syrup.
In terms of transportation, There are several ways to get around within Xinji including buses and taxis. However, Due to its proximity to Shijiazhuang, Many visitors prefer taking the high-speed train from Shijiazhuang to Xinji which takes just 20 minutes. Overall, Xinji is a city that offers a unique blend of modern industry and ancient culture. With its rich history, Cultural landmarks, Delicious cuisine, And convenient transportation options – it’s no wonder that more and more people are discovering this hidden gem in Hebei province.
- Xinji City Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of Xinji city.
- Shijiazhuang Zoo: Located in the outskirts of Xinji city, this zoo is home to a variety of animals including pandas.
- Xibaipo Memorial Hall: This is a historical site that commemorates the founding of the Communist Party of China.
- Baiyang Lake Scenic Area: A beautiful lake surrounded by mountains and forests that offers boating and hiking opportunities.
- Cangyan Mountain Scenic Area: A scenic area known for its unique rock formations, caves, waterfalls, and temples.
- Xingtai Grand Canyon National Park: A scenic park featuring canyons, waterfalls, forests, lakes and other natural wonders.
- Zhaozhou Bridge: An ancient bridge dating back to 605 AD that still stands today as one of China’s oldest bridges.
- Tianzi Mountain Natural Scenic Spot: It is a natural beauty spot with mountains, valleys, lakes, caves, temples, etc which attract tourists from all over the world.
- Xinji is renowned for its textile industry, notably the manufacturing of leather and fur products.
- Chemical manufacturing, machinery manufacturing, and food processing are significant industries in Xinji.
- The city also boasts several small businesses such as retail shops, restaurants, and service providers.
- Xinji, located in Hebei province, China, has a rich history with notable events and people.
- These include:
- The Battle of Zhuxianzhai during the Ming Dynasty
- General Yue Fei’s birthplace in Tangyin County (now part of Xinji City)
- The Taiping Rebellion led by Hong Xiuquan
- Deng Yingchao’s birthplace and her political prominence as Premier Zhou Enlai’s wife
- The Great Leap Forward implemented Mao Zedong’s policies for rapid transformation
- Zhang Ruifang was born here and became a renowned Peking Opera performer
- The Cultural Revolution also impacted Xinji City from 1966 to 1976 under Mao Zedong’s leadership
- In recent times since late-1970s when Deng Xiaoping started reforming China’s economy, XinJi has become an important center for textile industry
- Xinji Museum
- The Great Wall of China (Jinshanling section)
- Tianjin Eye
- Temple of Solitary Joy (Dule Temple)
- Panjiayuan Antique Market
- Beijing National Stadium (Bird’s Nest)
- Forbidden City
- Summer Palace
- Temple of Heaven
- Beihai Park
- The Xinji International Kite Festival is a yearly event that takes place in April and draws kite enthusiasts from all over the world. Attendees can marvel at kites of varying shapes and sizes soaring through the sky.
- The China Xinji International Leather Fair is an annual event held in September that showcases the latest leather products from around the globe. It’s an excellent opportunity for businesses to connect and make deals.
- The Lantern Festival, which occurs on the 15th day of the first lunar month, signals the end of Chinese New Year festivities. People light lanterns, consume sweet glutinous rice balls, and witness lion dances.
- In August each year, Xinji celebrates its famous watermelons with music performances, food stalls, and competitions like watermelon eating contests during its Watermelon Festival.
- The Dragon Boat Festival commemorates ancient Chinese poet Qu Yuan on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month by racing dragon boats on rivers or lakes.
- On August’s 15th day according to Lunar calendar people celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival by eating mooncakes (a traditional pastry) while admiring a full moon at night.
- Chinese National Day Celebration happens every October 1st where Chinese people celebrate their national day with parades, fireworks and other festive activities.
- Xinji Roast Duck: This dish is made with a special breed of duck that is roasted until the skin is crispy and served with thin pancakes, scallions, and sweet bean sauce.
- Luanzhou Spicy Chicken: A spicy chicken dish that originated in nearby Luanzhou city but is also popular in Xinji.
- Shaoxing Wine Chicken: A traditional Chinese dish made with chicken cooked in Shaoxing wine and other spices.
- Kebabs: Street vendors selling kebabs are a common sight in Xinji, offering a variety of meats such as lamb, beef, and chicken on skewers.
- Baiyangdian Fish Head Soup: A soup made from fish heads caught from nearby Baiyangdian Lake.
- Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant
- Baoshan Hotel Restaurant
- Yipin Xiangshuijian Hotpot Restaurant
- Dongfanghong Kebab Restaurant
- Jinduoyun Hotel Restaurant
- 1. Xinji City Sports Park
- 2. Xinji City Central Park
- 3. Xinji Botanical Garden
- 4. Liushuwan Wetland Park
- 5. Yixinghu Ecological Park
- 6. Shijiazhuang Forest Zoo (located in nearby Shijiazhuang city)
- 7. Hengshui Lake Scenic Area (located in nearby Hengshui city)
- 8. Taihang Grand Canyon Scenic Area (located in nearby Shanxi province)
Some popular restaurants to try these dishes include:
Recreational activities available in these parks may include walking, jogging, cycling, boating, fishing, picnicking and sightseeing among others depending on the park’s facilities and features.