Geographic Coordinates: 33.108800, -96.673500
Temperature Range: -10.0°C to 40.0°C (14°F to 104°F)
Climate: Climate and weather patterns in Allen, United States vary throughout the year.
Allen is a vibrant city located in Collin County, Texas, United States. Situated just 25 miles north of downtown Dallas, Allen offers residents and visitors the perfect blend of suburban charm and urban convenience. With a population of over 100, 000 people, It has become one of the fastest-growing cities in the state. One of Allen’s standout features is its excellent education system. The city boasts highly regarded public schools that consistently rank among the best in Texas. In addition to traditional public schools, There are also several private institutions that provide top-notch education options for families.
For those seeking recreational activities, Allen does not disappoint. The city is home to numerous parks and green spaces where residents can enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, Biking trails, Picnicking areas, And sports fields. Celebration Park is a popular spot with its expansive playgrounds and splash pad for children. Sports enthusiasts will find plenty to do in Allen as well. The city houses the state-of-the-art Allen Event Center which hosts various sporting events throughout the year including hockey games by the ECHL team – The Allen Americans.
Additionally, Golfers can tee off at one of several golf courses within close proximity to the city. Shopping enthusiasts will be delighted by the variety of retail options available in Allen. The premier shopping destination here is undoubtedly Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm – an open-air shopping center featuring high-end boutiques alongside popular chain stores and diverse dining options. Cultural experiences are abundant too; art lovers can explore local galleries or visit nearby museums like Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary that showcases interactive exhibits on nature conservation or Cavanaugh Flight Museum which displays vintage aircraft from different eras.
Allen also hosts numerous community events throughout the year that bring residents together such as concerts at Joe Farmer Recreation Center or seasonal festivals like Market Street Allen USA Celebration held annually on Independence Day with live music performances followed by an impressive fireworks display. With its exceptional schools, Diverse recreational opportunities, Shopping choices, And a strong sense of community, Allen offers an excellent quality of life for residents and is an appealing destination for visitors seeking a suburban haven with easy access to the vibrant cultural offerings of Dallas.
- Allen Event Center: A multi-purpose arena that hosts various sporting events, concerts, and entertainment shows.
- The Village at Allen: A shopping and dining destination with a wide range of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Topgolf: A popular golf-themed entertainment complex where visitors can play golf games while enjoying food and drinks.
- Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm: An outdoor shopping center featuring upscale retail stores, restaurants, and a scenic creek-side park.
- Allen Premium Outlets: A large outlet mall offering discounted prices on designer brands and popular retailers.
- Celebration Park: A spacious park with sports fields, playgrounds, picnic areas, walking trails, and a splash pad for children to enjoy.
- Ford Pool: An outdoor public swimming pool with water slides, diving boards, lap lanes, and other recreational amenities.
- Hydrous Wake Park: An adventure park where visitors can try wakeboarding or kneeboarding on cable systems instead of boats.
- The Courses at Watters Creek: A premier golf course featuring 18 holes set amidst beautiful landscapes and water features.
- Allen Heritage Village: A historical site showcasing preserved buildings from the early 20th century that offers insights into the city’s past.
These are just a few examples of the many attractions available in Allen for tourists to explore during their visit.
- Information Technology: Allen is known for its thriving IT sector, with several technology companies operating in the city. These include tech giants like Cisco Systems, Oracle Corporation, and Jack Henry & Associates.
- Retail: The city boasts a diverse retail sector with numerous shopping centers and malls. Some of the major retailers in Allen include The Village at Allen, Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm, and Allen Premium Outlets.
- Healthcare: Allen has a strong healthcare industry with various medical facilities and hospitals serving the community. Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is one of the prominent healthcare providers in the area.
- Education: The education sector plays a significant role in Allen’s economy. The city is home to several public schools operated by the Allen Independent School District (AISD). Additionally, there are private schools and higher education institutions like Collin College within close proximity.
- Financial Services: Many financial services companies have a presence in Allen, including banks, credit unions, insurance agencies, and investment firms.
- Manufacturing: While not as dominant as other sectors mentioned above, there are manufacturing facilities located within or near the city limits that produce various goods such as electronics and industrial equipment.
- Hospitality: With an increasing number of visitors to attractions like Topgolf or events at nearby Toyota Stadium or Eagle Stadium (home to local high school football), hospitality businesses such as hotels and restaurants thrive in this area.
- Professional Services: A range of professional service providers operate within Allen including law firms, accounting firms, and consulting agencies offering specialized services to businesses or individuals.
These industries collectively contribute to both employment opportunities for residents as well as economic growth for the city of Allen.
- Allen High School Football: The Allen Eagles football team has gained national recognition for its success. They have won numerous state championships and set several records, including the longest winning streak in Texas high school football history.
- Allen Event Center: The Allen Event Center is a multi-purpose arena that hosts various events such as concerts, sports games, and exhibitions. It has attracted notable performers and artists over the years.
- Tom Landry (1924-2000): Legendary NFL coach who led the Dallas Cowboys to two Super Bowl victories.
- Taya Kyle: Widow of American Sniper Chris Kyle and author.
- Steve Harvey: Comedian, television host, and author who lived in Allen during his early career.
- Development Boom: In recent years, Allen has experienced significant growth and development with the construction of new residential areas, shopping centers like Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm, entertainment venues like Topgolf, and corporate headquarters such as The Village at Twin Creeks.
- Celebration Park: A popular recreational area in Allen known for its sports fields, playgrounds, walking trails, picnic areas, fishing pond, and a large outdoor amphitheater used for concerts and performances.
- Heritage Village Museum: Located within Celebration Park is Heritage Village Museum—a collection of historic buildings that provide insight into early pioneer life in North Texas.
Please note that while these events/people are associated with Allen or have ties to it; they may not necessarily be exclusive to the city but rather representative of its broader influence within the region or beyond.
- Allen Heritage Village: A collection of historic buildings showcasing the city’s history and culture.
- The Allen Depot Museum: A museum housed in a restored railway depot, featuring exhibits on local history and railroad artifacts.
- Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm: An outdoor shopping center with beautiful architecture, art installations, and a scenic creek.
- The Village at Allen: A mixed-use development with shops, restaurants, entertainment venues, and an outdoor amphitheater for concerts and events.
- Topgolf Allen: A popular entertainment venue offering golf games in a high-tech driving range setting along with food and drinks.
- The Courses at Watters Creek: A picturesque golf course surrounded by natural beauty and water features.
- Hydrous Wake Park Allen: Perfect for adventure enthusiasts, this wakeboarding park offers lessons for beginners as well as challenges for experienced riders.
- Bethany Lakes Park: An expansive park with walking trails, fishing ponds, picnic areas, playgrounds, sports fields/courts, and a nature preserve area.
- Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium: An indoor swimming facility offering various pools including lap pools, diving boards, water slides along with fitness classes & programs.
- Celebration Park: This large community park features sports fields/courts (soccer/baseball/softball), playgrounds for kids of all ages as well as picnic areas.
Sports Teams in Allen, United States
Allen Americans (Ice Hockey)
The Allen Americans were founded in 2009 and are a professional ice hockey team based in Allen, Texas. They play their home games at the Allen Event Center and are part of the ECHL (East Coast Hockey League). The team has won four championships in their short history, winning the Ray Miron President’s Cup in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Texas Revolution (Indoor Football)
The Texas Revolution is an indoor football team based in Allen, Texas. They were founded in 2000 as the Arkansas Twisters before relocating to Frisco, Texas, and then finally settling in Allen. The team plays its home games at the Ford Center at The Star and competes in the Champions Indoor Football league.
Dallas Sidekicks (Indoor Soccer)
Although not directly based in Allen itself, the Dallas Sidekicks have a strong presence within the community due to their proximity to Allen. Founded in 1984 as an original member of Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL), they played their home games at Reunion Arena before temporarily ceasing operations from 2004-2012. They currently compete as part of Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) and play their home games at either Comerica Center or Fair Park Coliseum.
- Allen Arts Festival: This annual event showcases local and regional artists, featuring a variety of art forms such as painting, sculpture, photography, and more.
- Allen USA Celebration: Held on Independence Day, this festival offers live music performances, food vendors, carnival rides and games, a fireworks show, and various family-friendly activities.
- Market Street Allen USA Ice Cream Crank-Off: As part of the Allen USA Celebration, this ice cream competition brings together individuals and teams to churn their own homemade ice cream recipes for a chance to win prizes.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony: Taking place in December at the Allen Civic Plaza, this event marks the beginning of the holiday season with live entertainment, festive decorations including an illuminated tree display, visits from Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus.
- Oktoberfest: Celebrating German culture and traditions in September or October each year at Watters Creek shopping center in Allen; this festival includes live music performances by German bands along with traditional dances like polka.
- Diwali Mela: Organized by local Indian communities during Diwali (Festival of Lights), this cultural event features traditional Indian music and dance performances along with food stalls offering authentic Indian cuisine.
- Lunar New Year Festival: Celebrating Asian cultures during the Lunar New Year period (usually January or February), this festival showcases vibrant cultural displays including dragon dances, martial arts demonstrations, traditional music performances, and delicious Asian cuisine offerings.
- The Nutcracker Ballet Performances: Local dance companies often stage productions of Tchaikovsky’s famous ballet during the holiday season for residents to enjoy this classic performance art form.
- Concerts at The Village at Fairview & The Village at Allen: These outdoor venues host regular concerts featuring local bands as well as nationally recognized artists across various genres throughout the year.
- Allen Heritage Guild events: The guild organizes historical events like living history demonstrations, heritage tours, and exhibits to promote the preservation and appreciation of Allen’s history.
- Tex-Mex cuisine: Allen is known for its delicious Tex-Mex cuisine. Restaurants like Cristina’s Fine Mexican Restaurant and Blue Mesa Grill offer a variety of Tex-Mex dishes such as enchiladas, tacos, fajitas, and margaritas.
- Barbecue: Texas is famous for its barbecue, and Allen has some great barbecue joints. Popular options include Hutchins BBQ and Ten50 BBQ which serve mouthwatering smoked meats like brisket, ribs, sausage, and pulled pork.
- American comfort food: Many restaurants in Allen specialize in American comfort food. Places like Kelly’s at the Village serve classic dishes like burgers, sandwiches, steaks, and salads.
- Asian cuisine: There are several Asian restaurants in Allen that offer a range of cuisines including Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, and Vietnamese. Some popular choices include Sushi Axiom for sushi lovers or Pei Wei Asian Kitchen for quick casual Asian fare.
- Seafood: Being close to the Gulf Coast means that seafood lovers can find fresh seafood options in Allen as well. Restaurants like The Boiling Pots offer Cajun-style seafood boils with shrimp or crab legs cooked with various seasonings.
- Italian cuisine: For those craving Italian food in Allen can head to places like Joe’s Italian Bistro or Spazo Restaurant & Bar where they can enjoy pasta dishes such as lasagna or spaghetti along with pizzas made with fresh ingredients.
- Celebration Park: This 104-acre park offers various amenities such as sports fields, a playground, walking trails, picnic areas, and a fishing pond.
- Allen Station Park: This park features a skate park, baseball and softball fields, basketball courts, a playground, and an outdoor amphitheater for concerts and events.
- Bethany Lakes Park: It offers fishing ponds with piers and boardwalks, hike-and-bike trails around the lakeside scenery, picnic areas with grills and shelters.
- Ford Pool: This public swimming pool is perfect for cooling off during the summer months. It features water slides, diving boards, lap lanes as well as shaded seating areas.
- The Edge at Allen Station Park: A state-of-the-art skate park that caters to skateboarders of all skill levels with its ramps and obstacles.
- Hydrous Wakeboard Park: Located at Allen Station Park’s South Watters Road entrance; it is a cable wakeboarding facility where visitors can try their hand at wakeboarding or simply watch others enjoy this thrilling sport.
- Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium: A year-round indoor swimming pool facility that offers various aquatic programs including swim lessons for all ages.
- Joe Farmer Recreation Center: This community center provides fitness facilities like gymnasiums for basketball/volleyball games or open play sessions along with fitness classes like yoga or Zumba.
- Twin Creeks Golf Club: An 18-hole championship golf course designed by Arnold Palmer which welcomes both members and non-members to enjoy a round of golf in beautiful surroundings.