Geographic Coordinates: 37.380600, 118.012000
Temperature Range: -5.0°C to 35.0°C (23°F to 95°F)
Climate: Binzhou has a humid subtropical climate with four distinct seasons, characterized by hot and humid summers, mild and dry autumns, cold and dry winters, and warm springs. The city experiences heavy rainfall in the summer months of June to August.
Binzhou is a city situated in the eastern part of Shandong Province, China. It is located on the northern bank of the Yellow River and covers an area of 9, 000 square kilometers. The city has a population of around 3.7 million residents and is home to several ethnic groups such as Han, Hui, Manchu, And Mongol. The history of Binzhou dates back over 2, 000 years ago during the Han Dynasty when it was known as Taiyuan County.
The city was later renamed Binzhou during the Tang Dynasty due to its proximity to the Yellow River delta which resembled a bin (a traditional Chinese container). Binzhou boasts rich cultural heritage and natural scenery that attracts visitors from all over China and other parts of Asia. One of its most famous attractions is Mount Tai located in Taian City within Binzhou prefecture-level city. Mount Tai has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987 for its historical and cultural significance.
Another popular attraction in Binzhou is Guanhai Temple which dates back to over 1, 500 years ago during the Northern Wei Dynasty. The temple features ancient architecture with beautiful carvings and sculptures that depict Buddhist deities. For those interested in traditional Chinese medicine, Binzhou also boasts one of China’s largest herb markets where visitors can purchase various herbs used in traditional medicine practices. In addition to its cultural attractions, Binzhou also has a thriving economy with industries such as agriculture (particularly wheat production), Manufacturing (including textiles), And energy production (with several wind farms located throughout the region).
Tourism plays an important role in Binzhou’s economy with visitors coming from all over China and other parts of Asia to experience its unique culture and natural beauty. Overall, Binzhou offers visitors an excellent blend of ancient history, Culture, Natural scenery along with modern industry making it an ideal destination for travelers looking for something off-the-beaten-path while visiting China.
- Weifang-Binzhou Grand Canal
- Binzhou Olympic Sports Center Stadium
- Binzhou Museum
- Xianhe Park
- Dazhong Temple
- Guangzong Temple
- Shuanghe Scenic Area
- Huanghe River Bridge
- Binzhou is a city located in the Shandong province of China.
- The city has several major industries and businesses that contribute significantly to its economic growth.
- One of the most notable industries in Binzhou is the chemical industry, with numerous large chemical factories situated within the city.
- Additionally, Binzhou also has a thriving textile industry that produces cotton, wool, and silk products.
- Agriculture is another significant sector in Binzhou with crops such as wheat, corn, cotton, and fruits being grown in abundance throughout the region.
- The city also boasts a growing machinery manufacturing sector that produces various types of equipment for agriculture and other industries.
- Several construction material manufacturers are located within Binzhou producing cement, bricks, tiles and other building materials.
- Food processing is another important industry with companies specializing in seafood processing and meat packing.
- The natural beauty of Yellow River Delta National Forest Park has led to an increase in tourism-related businesses offering services to visitors coming to the area from within China or abroad making tourism an emerging industry within Binzhou’s economy.
- Overall these diverse industries contribute significantly to both Shandong province’s economy as well as nationally across China’s economic landscape making Binzhou City an important player within both contexts.
- The Battle of Donge during the Three Kingdoms period (220-280 AD), where Cao Cao defeated his rival Yuan Shu.
- Yan Hui, a disciple of Confucius known for his wisdom and loyalty, was born in Binzhou.
- Li Qingzhao, a famous female poet from the Song Dynasty (960-1279 AD), was also born in Binzhou.
- In 1855, the Yellow River broke its banks in Binzhou causing one of the worst floods in Chinese history.
- During World War II, General Zhang Zizhong successfully led a resistance against Japanese invaders from Binzhou.
- Additionally, several ancient temples and historic sites such as Guandi Temple and Dizang Temple are located in Binzhou.
- Notable people from Binzhou include writer Wang Anyi, mathematician Chen Jingrun, and Olympic gold medalist Liu Xiang.
- Binzhou Museum
- The Great Wall of Qi
- Donghai Bridge
- Yellow River Estuary Wetland Park
- Xiantai Mountain Scenic Area
- Weifang Kite Museum
- Shuangmiao Temple
- Binzhou City Sports Center
- Dazhong Temple
- Yuhuang Pavilion
- Binzhou International Kite Festival
- Binzhou Yellow River Culture and Arts Festival
- Binzhou Lantern Festival
- Binzhou Dragon Boat Festival
- Binzhou Qingming Cultural Festival
- Binzhou Lotus Flower Festival
- Binzhou Cherry Blossom Festival
- China (Binzhou) International Agricultural Expo
- China (Binzhou) International Fashion Week
- Binzhou Folk Culture Tourism Festival
Top Dishes in Binzhou, China
- Binzhou Roast Duck
- Yellow River Carp
- Shandong-style Braised Pork Belly
- Laoshan Mountain Seafood
Popular Restaurants in Binzhou, China
- Zhenxing Restaurant (真兴饭店)
- Yijinglou Restaurant (怡景楼餐厅)
- Haidilao Hot Pot (海底捞火锅)
- Shunhefang Restaurant (顺和坊餐厅)
- Binzhou People’s Park is a vast public park that boasts of gardens, lakes, walking paths, and several recreational activities such as boating and fishing.
- Binzhou Olympic Sports Center is a contemporary sports complex that features facilities for basketball, soccer, tennis, swimming, and other sports.
- Binzhou Forest Park is a picturesque park that has hiking trails through forests and hillsides. It also has picnic areas and camping sites.
- Tianbao Island Scenic Area is an island park with beaches for swimming and sunbathing. It offers water sports rentals such as jet skis and paddle boats.
- Qianfoshan National Forest Park is a mountainous park well-known for its natural scenery of waterfalls, caves, streams, wild animals, etc.
- Binzhou Cultural Square – A place to experience culture through music performances.
- Binzhou Museum – A museum showcasing the history of the city.
- Zhangzhuang Ecological Garden – A garden with plants from around the world.