Geographic Coordinates: 23.630000, 86.170000
Temperature Range: 15.0°C to 35.0°C (59°F to 95°F)
Chās is a picturesque town situated in the Bokaro district of Jharkhand, India. It is renowned for its natural beauty and serene landscapes, Owing to its location on the banks of the Damodar River. With a rich history dating back to ancient times, Chās was once an important center for trade and commerce. Amongst the many attractions that Chās has to offer, Kali Mandir stands out as one of the most notable ones. This temple dedicated to Goddess Kali attracts devotees from all over India who come seeking blessings from the deity.
Another popular attraction in Chās is the Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) reservoir that offers breathtaking views of sunsets and sunrises. For those looking for a peaceful escape from city life, Jubilee Park located near Bokaro Steel City boasts lush greenery and well-maintained lawns perfect for leisurely strolls or picnics. Adventurous souls can explore Parasnath Hills nearby which are ideal for trekking and hiking expeditions while Damodar River provides opportunities for water sports like rafting and kayaking.
Chās also celebrates several festivals throughout the year including Durga Puja, Diwali, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr among others bringing together people from different communities who celebrate with great enthusiasm. In terms of cuisine, Visitors can enjoy traditional dishes such as Litti-chokha (a baked wheat flour dumpling stuffed with spiced gram flour), Dal-bati-churma (a dish made with lentils served with wheat balls), Aloo-puri (deep-fried bread served with potato curry) among others that reflect its diverse cultural influences.
Overall, Chās offers visitors an opportunity to experience Jharkhand’s rich culture along with natural beauty and adventure activities making it a perfect destination for those seeking a peaceful getaway from city life’s hustle-bustle.
- Bokaro Steel Plant
- Garga Dam
- Jagannath Temple
- Bhatinda Waterfall
- Panch Mandir
- Jhumri Tilaiya Dam
- Chas Mahal
- Kali Mandir
- Kali Bari Temple
- Chās, India is known for its coal mines and related industries.
- The major industries in the area include:
- Power generation
- Steel production
- There are also small-scale businesses such as:
- Retail shops
- Service providers catering to the local population
- Agriculture is an important sector in the region with rice being a prominent crop grown here.
- Chas was once a part of the ancient Magadha Empire.
- The Battle of Chausa occurred in 1539 near Chas between Mughal Emperor Humayun and Sher Shah Suri.
- In 1857, there was a significant uprising in Chas during the Indian Rebellion against British rule.
- Mahatma Gandhi visited Chas during his Champaran Satyagraha movement in 1917.
- Notable individuals from Chas include former Chief Minister of Jharkhand Arjun Munda and Indian cricketer Varun Aaron.
- Bokaro Steel Plant: A large steel manufacturing plant that offers guided tours.
- Ram Mandir: A famous Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Rama.
- Panch Mandir: Another popular Hindu temple complex with five different temples.
- Jagannath Temple: A beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath, located near the Bokaro River.
- Kali Mandir: A revered temple dedicated to Goddess Kali.
- City Park: A serene park with a lake and walking trails for visitors to enjoy nature and relax.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park: A zoological park featuring a wide variety of animals and birds from around the world.
- Garga Dam: An impressive dam built on the Garga River that provides water for irrigation and power generation in the region.
- Birsa Munda Stadium: The largest sports stadium in Jharkhand state with a capacity of over 50,000 people.
- Ramgarh Hill Station – Located at an altitude of 3000ft above sea level is known for its scenic beauty and pleasant climate throughout the year.
- 1. I don’t have any current information on sports teams in Chās, India.
- 2. However, I can tell you that cricket is the most popular sport in India and there are many local and regional teams across the country.
- 3. Other popular sports include:
- Field hockey
- Football (soccer)
- Sarhul Festival
- Karam Festival
- Tusu Parab
- Sohrai Festival
- Karma Puja
- Durga Puja
- Chās is a town situated in Jharkhand, India, and its local cuisine is influenced by tribal culture.
- The dishes are simple yet flavorful, and some popular ones include Dhuska, Litti Chokha, Pitha, and Handia.
- Though there aren’t many restaurants in Chās due to its small size, some popular places to try these local delicacies are:
- Hotel Rajhans near the bus stand that serves authentic Bihari cuisine along with litti chokha.
- Nirmala Sweets is famous for sweets like rasgulla and gulab jamun but also serves snacks like samosas and kachoris.
- Madan Hotel located on NH-18 highway serves delicious vegetarian food including dhuska and pitha.
- Shiv Shakti Dhaba on NH-18 highway offers mouth-watering litti chokha along with other North Indian dishes like parathas and curries.
- Please note that this information may be subject to change over time based on new developments or closures due to COVID-19 restrictions or other factors beyond our control.
- Birsa Munda Park
- Chās Sports Complex
- Panchayat Bhawan Park
- Nehru Park
- Chās Lake (boating and fishing)
- Shivaji Maidan (cricket and football ground)
- Kali Mandir Ground (athletics and volleyball)
- Ram Mandir Ground (basketball and badminton)