Chơn Thành, Vietnam
Region: Bình Phước
Geographic Coordinates: 11.429200, 106.657000
Temperature Range: 18.0°C to 35.0°C (64°F to 95°F)
Chơn Thành is a district in Bình Phước province, Vietnam known for its beautiful landscapes, Rich history, And cultural heritage. The district covers an area of 1, 787 square kilometers and has a population of approximately 200, 000 people. One of the main attractions in Chơn Thành is the Bu Gia Map National Park which covers an area of over 26, 000 hectares and is home to diverse flora and fauna. Visitors can enjoy hiking through lush forests or take boat rides on rivers while admiring waterfalls that are popular with tourists.
Another popular attraction in Chơn Thành is the Mang Den Ecotourism Area which features stunning natural scenery including mountains, Forests, Lakes, And waterfalls. Visitors can go trekking or camping here while enjoying breathtaking views. Chơn Thành also has several historical sites such as the Bu Dang War Zone Museum where visitors can learn about Vietnam’s struggle for independence from French colonial rule during World War II. Another important site is the Cu Chi Tunnels which were used by Vietnamese soldiers during their fight against American forces during the Vietnam War.
The district also has a rich cultural heritage seen in traditional festivals such as Tet Nguyen Dan (Vietnamese New Year) celebrated every January or February depending on lunar calendar). During this festival locals decorate their homes with flowers and lanterns while enjoying traditional foods like banh chung (sticky rice cake). Chơn Thành offers visitors an opportunity to experience rural life by visiting local villages where they can see how people live daily lives while learning about local customs and traditions.
Chơn Thành offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, History, Culture, And rural life making it a great destination for those who want to experience real Vietnam away from big cities’ hustle-bustle.
- Buu Son Pagoda: This ancient pagoda is situated on a hilltop and is well-known for its stunning architecture and peaceful atmosphere.
- Minh Dam Mountain: A favored hiking destination that boasts of breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Chau Thoi Mountain: Another picturesque mountain that attracts hikers and nature enthusiasts.
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital: This historical site was once the capital of Vietnam in the 10th century and features ancient temples, palaces, and tombs.
- Binh Quoi Tourist Village: A popular spot for tourists seeking to experience traditional Vietnamese culture through food, music, dance performances, etc.
- Binh Duong New City Park: A modern park with various recreational activities such as cycling tracks, jogging paths, playgrounds for kids etc
- Tan Lap Floating Village : It’s a unique attraction where visitors can explore mangrove forests by boat ride
- Ba Den Mountain : a beautiful mountain which has spiritual significance among locals due to presence of Ba Den Temple at its peak
- Chơn Thành, Vietnam is mainly an agricultural region that cultivates rice, rubber, and sugarcane as its major crops.
- The area also has a thriving aquaculture industry that farms fish and shrimp.
- Apart from agriculture, there are some small-scale manufacturing businesses that produce furniture and handicrafts.
- The tourism industry is also starting to develop in the region due to its proximity to popular destinations such as Ho Chi Minh City and Mui Ne Beach.
- The Battle of Chơn Thành was fought in 1836 between the Vietnamese and Cambodians over control of the Mekong Delta region.
- Nguyen Trung Truc, a national hero, fought against French colonialism in the 19th century and was born in Chơn Thành.
- During the Vietnam War, Chơn Thành’s strategic location provided access to important waterways and transportation routes.
- Vo Nguyen Giap played an important role as a military strategist in Vietnam’s fight for independence from France and later against American forces during the Vietnam War.
- Ho Chi Minh, founder of modern-day Vietnam, led his country to independence from French colonial rule.
- Pham Van Dong served as Prime Minister of North Vietnam from 1955 to 1976 and was a prominent communist leader.
- Tran Van Tra played an important role as a general in several key battles during the Vietnam War and is considered one of North Vietnam’s most successful military commanders.
- Le Duan played a key role in shaping Vietnamese politics throughout much of the latter half of the 20th century as a leading figure within the Communist Party of Vietnam.
- Nguyen Thi Binh became Vice President and Minister for Foreign Affairs under Ho Chi Minh’s government after reunification, becoming one of only two women to hold such high-ranking positions at that time.
- Duong Thu Huong grew up near Chơn Thành before becoming one of post-war Vietnam’s most celebrated writers whose works often explore themes related to social justice and political oppression.
- Chơn Thành War Memorial: This monument is dedicated to the soldiers who fought in the Vietnam War.
- Bình Định Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of the province, including artifacts from ancient times to modern day.
- Quang Trung Museum: A museum dedicated to the life and achievements of a famous Vietnamese general, Nguyễn Huệ (also known as Quang Trung).
- Long Khánh Temple: An ancient temple that dates back to the 18th century, featuring beautiful architecture and serene surroundings.
- Cù Lao Ré Island: This small island off the coast of Chơn Thành is home to stunning beaches, clear waters, and a variety of marine life.
- Phước Hải Market: One of the largest markets in Bình Định Province, offering a wide range of local products such as seafood, fruits, vegetables, and handicrafts.
- Thiên Hương Pagoda: A Buddhist pagoda with intricate carvings and decorations that provide visitors with an insight into Vietnamese religious beliefs and practices.
- Núi Voi Mountain Park: This scenic park has hiking trails leading up to Núi Voi Mountain’s summit for breathtaking views over Chơn Thành cityscape.
- Hoàng Sa Beach Resort & Spa – An ideal place for relaxation in Chơn Thành which offers luxurious accommodation options along with spa treatments on-site.
- Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City Campus (VNU-HCMC): One of Vietnam’s top-ranked universities located in nearby Thu Duc district where visitors can experience academic excellence through its various faculties such as law or engineering schools among others.
- Tet Nguyen Dan (Lunar New Year) – a major festival celebrated throughout Vietnam.
- Ba Den Mountain Festival – held annually at the Ba Den Mountain temple complex, this festival is one of the largest religious events in southern Vietnam.
- Mid-Autumn Festival – a celebration of harvest and family reunions that takes place on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month.
- Hung Kings Temple Festival – commemorates the legendary founders of Vietnam with various cultural activities such as dragon dances and traditional music performances.
- Nghinh Ong (Whale Worshiping) Festival – a unique festival celebrated by fishermen communities to show respect for whales who protect them during their fishing trips.
- Binh Duong International Women’s Cycling Tournament- an annual event where female cyclists from around Southeast Asia compete against each other in various stages across Binh Duong province including Chơn Thành district
- Chon Thanh Fruit Village Festival- celebrating local fruits and agricultural products with exhibitions, contests, games, music performances, food stalls etc.
- Bánh Tráng Nướng (Grilled Rice Paper) at Quán Cô Tám.
- Bún Mắm (Fermented Fish Soup with Rice Vermicelli) at Quán Hùng Lưu.
- Bánh Xèo (Vietnamese Savory Pancake) at Quán Cô Ba.
- Gỏi Cuốn (Fresh Spring Rolls) at Nhà Hàng Hoa Sen.
- Cơm Tấm (Broken Rice with Grilled Pork Chop) at Nhà Hàng Phương Nam.
- Chơn Thành Ecotourism Park
- Phước Đông Park
- Hoàng Gia Amusement Park
- Bình Phú Recreational Area
- Tân Lập Fishing Village
- Đại Nam Van Hien Theme Park
- Suối Tiên Waterfall
- Cù Lao Dung Beach
- Dầu Tiếng Lake
- Bến Cát River Tour