Region: There is no Colombo in Brazil
Geographic Coordinates: -25.291900, -49.223900
Language: N/A – There is no Colombo in Brazil
- Galle Face Green
- Gangaramaya Temple
- National Museum of Colombo
- Independence Memorial Hall
- Beira Lake
- Old Parliament Building
- Viharamahadevi Park
- Pettah Market
- Mount Lavinia Beach
- The Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct
- National Museum of Colombo – the largest museum in Sri Lanka with a vast collection of historical artifacts.
- Gangaramaya Temple – a Buddhist temple known for its stunning architecture and beautiful gardens.
- Independence Memorial Hall – a monument built to commemorate Sri Lanka’s independence from British rule.
- Viharamahadevi Park – a public park located in the heart of Colombo with lush greenery and scenic views.
- Galle Face Green – a popular promenade overlooking the Indian Ocean where visitors can enjoy street food, kite flying, and sunset views.
- Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct – a historic building converted into an upscale shopping and dining destination.
- Pettah Market – A bustling market that offers everything from spices to textiles at bargain prices.
- The Arcade Independence Square – A modern shopping complex that offers high-end brands for fashionistas.
- Gangaramaya Park & Seema Malaka – A serene temple complex surrounded by water bodies which is perfect for relaxation.
- St.Paul’s Church Milagiriya- One of the oldest churches in Sri Lanka which has unique architecture styles.
- Kandy Esala Perahera – a grand Buddhist festival held annually in July or August.
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year – Celebrated every April with traditional games and rituals.
- Galle Literary Festival – A literary festival held annually in January featuring local and international authors.
- Vesak Festival – A Buddhist festival celebrated every May with illuminated streets, decorations, and religious observances.
- Navam Perahera – A colorful Buddhist procession held annually in February or March.
- Colombo Fashion Week – An annual fashion event showcasing local designers’ collections.
- Christmas Festivities – Celebrated during December with carols singing, decorations of lights all over the city along with special food items like cakes etc.,
- Holi- Holi is also known as the festival of colors that celebrates good harvests & fertility of land which falls during February or March according to Hindu calendar
- Kottu Roti – a dish made with shredded roti bread, vegetables, and meat or seafood.
- Hoppers (Appa) – a type of pancake made with fermented rice flour and coconut milk.
- Lamprais – a Dutch-influenced dish consisting of rice cooked with meat or fish curry wrapped in banana leaf.
- Seafood Curry – Sri Lankan seafood curry is famous for its unique blend of spices and flavors.
- Ministry of Crab – one of the most popular seafood restaurants in Colombo that serves delicious crab dishes.
- Nuga Gama – offers traditional Sri Lankan food served on banana leaves along with live cultural performances.
- The Gallery Cafe – located inside an old colonial mansion, this restaurant serves fusion cuisine using fresh local ingredients.
- Upali’s by Nawaloka – specializes in authentic Sri Lankan dishes such as hoppers and kottu roti served in a cozy ambiance.
- Green Cabin – known for their biriyani, Chinese-style fried rice noodles (chow mein), devilled chicken or pork dishes.
- Wadiya Restaurant – Offers authentic street food like egg hoppers (appa), string hoppers (idiyappam), pol sambol etc at affordable prices.