Region: Anhui Province
Geographic Coordinates: 33.260500, 115.362000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Jieshou is a county-level city located in the northern part of Anhui province, China. It is situated on the banks of the Huai River and covers an area of approximately 2, 200 square kilometers. The city has a population of over 800, 000 people and is known for its rich cultural heritage and natural beauty. One of the most famous attractions in Jieshou is the ancient Jieshou City Wall. Built during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), This impressive structure stretches for over 3 kilometers around the old town center.
Visitors can walk along its ramparts and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. Another popular destination in Jieshou is Xinzhan Hot Spring Resort. This scenic resort features multiple hot spring pools, Each with different temperatures and mineral properties. The water here is believed to have healing properties that can alleviate various ailments such as arthritis and skin conditions. For those interested in history, Jieshou also boasts several important historical sites such as Shouxian Confucian Temple, Which was built during the Song Dynasty (960-1279).
This temple complex includes several halls dedicated to Confucius and his disciples as well as beautiful gardens filled with ancient trees. Nature lovers will also appreciate Jieshou’s stunning natural scenery. The Huai River runs through the city providing ample opportunities for boating or fishing excursions. There are also several parks within easy reach including Dongshan National Forest Park which offers hiking trails through lush forests filled with exotic flora and fauna.
In addition to its many attractions, Jieshou is also known for its delicious local cuisine which features a variety of dishes made from fresh river fish, Rice noodles, Tofu products, And other locally grown ingredients. Overall whether you’re interested in history or just looking for a relaxing getaway surrounded by beautiful scenery – there’s something for everyone in Jieshou!
- Location: Jieshou, China
- Type: Small county-level city
- Province: Anhui Province
- Landmarks: None found
- Tourist attractions: None found
- Popularity: Not a popular tourist destination
- Jieshou is a county-level city located in the Anhui province of China.
- The city’s economy is supported by various industries and businesses, including:
- Construction materials production
- Machinery manufacturing
- Food processing
- E-commerce trade platform development
- Agriculture is a major industry in Jieshou due to its fertile land. The city produces:
- Textile industry in Jieshou is thriving with the production of:
- Cotton yarns
- Bedding products
- Jieshou’s chemical industry produces chemicals like:
- Sulfuric acid
- Ammonium sulfate
- Calcium carbide
- Several companies in Jieshou produce construction materials such as:
- Machinery manufacturing is another important industry in Jieshou with factories producing machinery for:
- Agriculture machinery
- Construction equipment sectors
- Tourism has been growing rapidly in recent years due to the beautiful natural scenery including mountains and waterfalls along with cultural attractions like ancient temples and tombs.
- Food processing industry has been rapidly developing with businesses producing:
- Snacks such as roasted seeds or nuts or dried fruits
- Traditional Chinese delicacies like preserved meat or pickled vegetables
- Finally there has been growth of e-commerce platforms to meet the needs of local residents who seek online shopping opportunities.
- The Battle of Jieshou occurred in 383 AD between the Jin Dynasty and Liu Song Dynasty, resulting in the collapse of the Jin Dynasty.
- Tang Xianzu was a renowned playwright during the Ming dynasty who was born in Jieshou. His play The Peony Pavilion is considered one of China’s greatest literary works.
- Wang Yangming was a philosopher during the Ming dynasty who lived in Jieshou for some time and developed his philosophy known as Yangmingism.
- Zhang Zhidong was an influential statesman during the late Qing dynasty who served as governor-general of Huguang and Liangguang provinces, including Anhui where Jieshou is located.
- During mid-19th century, Jieshou became an important base for Taiping rebels fighting against imperial forces in southern China during The Taiping Rebellion.
- In Chinese Civil War between communist forces led by Mao Zedong and nationalist forces led by Chiang Kai-shek, Jieshou served as an important base for communist guerrilla fighters operating behind enemy lines.
- Red Tourism has become popular among tourists interested in Communist Party history due to its association with Mao Zedong’s early revolutionary activities in Anhui province which has made it popular among tourists recently.
- The Grand Canal passes through or near several cities including Beijing, Tianjin, Jining, Huai’an, Yangzhou, Suzhou, and Hangzhou making it one of their significant cities that Grand Canal passes through.
- Guanyin Temple – a famous Buddhist temple with beautiful architecture and sculptures.
- Qingliangshan Scenic Area – a natural scenic area with stunning views of mountains, waterfalls, and forests.
- Jieshou Museum – a local museum showcasing the history and culture of Jieshou.
- Yinxu Ruins – an archaeological site with ancient ruins dating back to the Shang Dynasty (1600-1046 BC).
- Anhui Museum of Traditional Chinese Medicine – a museum dedicated to traditional Chinese medicine with exhibits on herbs, acupuncture, and other medical practices.
- Dongyuan Park – a park with beautiful gardens, pavilions, and lakes for leisurely walks or picnics.
- Guishan Han Dynasty Tomb – an ancient tomb from the Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD) featuring intricate carvings and murals.
- Xianju National Forest Park – a nature reserve with hiking trails through lush forests and scenic vistas.
- The Great Wall of Qianguo Pass – located about 30 km from Jieshou city center is this section of the Great Wall that dates back to the Ming dynasty era (1368-1644).
- Jieshou, located in Anhui Province, China, is a county-level city with a rich history and culture.
- Sports play an essential role in the lives of many people living in Jieshou.
- Basketball, football (soccer), table tennis, badminton, and martial arts are some of the popular sports activities enjoyed by residents.
- Local sports clubs and teams participate in various competitions at regional or national levels.
- Zhang Guozheng is one of the most famous athletes from Jieshou.
- He is a former world champion and Olympic medalist in table tennis.
- Zhang Guozheng was born and raised in Jieshou and started playing table tennis as a child before becoming one of the best players globally.
- Although there may not be any specific professional or semi-professional teams based out of Jieshou currently (as far as my knowledge goes), it seems that there is still plenty of passion for sports among its residents!
- Jieshou Roast Duck (界首烤鸭)
- Dongpo Pork (东坡肉)
- Braised Chicken with Chestnuts (板栗炖鸡)
- Jieshou Tofu Pudding (界首豆花)
- Yuxin Restaurant (玉馨酒家)
- Xinglongyuan Restaurant (兴隆园饭店)
- Shunxinglou Restaurant (顺兴楼大酒店)
- Jieshou Park – a large park with beautiful gardens, scenic views, and walking trails.
- Yinzhou Mountain Scenic Area – a mountainous area with hiking trails, waterfalls, and breathtaking views.
- Qianjiang River Scenic Area – a riverside area where visitors can enjoy boating and fishing opportunities.
- Jieshou Sports Center – a sports complex that offers facilities for basketball, volleyball, tennis, swimming and more.
- Shengli Park – a peaceful park with lovely gardens and walking paths for visitors to explore.
- Xinghua Park – another park located in the city center that features gorgeous gardens and walking paths for relaxation.
- Pingyu Lake Scenic Area – this lake is surrounded by mountains which offer visitors the chance to go boating or fishing.
- Guanyin Temple Scenic Area – located on top of a mountain this temple complex provides panoramic views of the city below making it an excellent spot for sightseeing enthusiasts to visit!