Geographic Coordinates: 29.633400, 111.875000
Temperature Range: -5.0°C to 30.0°C (23°F to 86°F)
Climate: Jinshi, China has varied climate and weather patterns throughout the year.
Jinshi is a lovely and charming county situated in the southwest region of Hunan province in China. Covering around 1, 300 square kilometers, It has a population of approximately 200, 000 people. This county is renowned for its breathtaking natural landscapes, Rich history, And cultural heritage. One of the most famous tourist attractions in Jinshi is Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. In 1992, It was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its towering sandstone pillars that emerge from lush green forests creating an otherworldly landscape that inspired the movie Avatar.
Visitors can explore this park on foot or take a cable car ride to get panoramic views. Another must-visit attraction in Jinshi is Tianmen Mountain Scenic Area which boasts one of China’s most spectacular natural wonders – Tianmen Cave (Heaven’s Gate). The cave was formed through erosion over millions of years and offers visitors breathtaking views from its vantage point at 1, 500 meters above sea level.
Jinshi also has several historical sites such as Huilong Temple built during Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD) and Wulingyuan Scenic Area which preserves many historical relics from different periods including Neolithic Age (10, 000 BC – 2nd century BC). In addition to its natural beauty and historical significance, Jinshi offers unique cuisine featuring spicy flavors with fresh ingredients sourced from local farms. Some popular dishes include Hunan-style stinky tofu (a fermented bean curd dish), Spicy Sichuan hotpot with fresh vegetables or meat options like beef or lamb skewers cooked over an open flame.
Visitors can experience traditional Chinese culture by attending local festivals held throughout the year such as Dragon Boat Festival in June or Mid-Autumn Festival in September when locals gather to celebrate with traditional food, Music, And dance performances. Jinshi is also known for intricate embroidery and handmade crafts sold in local markets. Overall, Jinshi offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, Cultural heritage, And delicious cuisine making it an ideal destination for travelers looking to explore the best of China.
- Yuelu Mountain: A scenic mountain located in Changsha that is popular for hiking and sightseeing.
- Yueyang Tower: A historic tower situated on the bank of Dongting Lake in Yueyang City.
- Xiangjiang River: A river that flows through Hunan Province known for its beautiful scenery.
- Mount Hengshan: One of China’s Five Great Mountains located near Changsha City.
- Shaoshan: The birthplace of Mao Zedong, a famous Chinese leader.
- Orange Island Park: A park situated on an island in the Xiangjiang River featuring gardens and cultural attractions.
- Furong Ancient Town: An ancient town with well-preserved Ming and Qing Dynasty architecture.
- Mawangdui Han Tombs Museum: A museum showcasing ancient tombs from the Han Dynasty (206 BC-220 AD).
- Hunan Provincial Museum: A museum exhibiting Hunan’s history and culture through artifacts and exhibits.
- Tianxin Pavilion Park: A park situated in downtown Changsha with traditional Chinese architecture buildings; it has been called one of the four best pavilions by poets since Tang dynasty.
- Jinshi is a county in China with a population of approximately 200,000 people.
- The county boasts several major industries and businesses, including:
- The service sector
- Iron ore
- Paper products
- Machinery parts
- Electronic goods
- Taohuayuan Scenic Area
- Yangjiajie Scenic Area
- Jinshi is a small town in China that has played a significant role in the country’s history.
- It was an important center of porcelain production during the Tang Dynasty.
- It was known for its high-quality silk during the Ming Dynasty.
- In 1934, Mao Zedong’s Red Army passed through Jinshi on their way to Yan’an during the Long March.
- Jinshi has produced notable individuals such as:
- Liu Huaqing, a prominent Chinese naval officer who served as Vice Chairman of the Central Military Commission from 1989 to 1997
- Chen Zhongwei, a former vice-governor of Sichuan Province and former mayor of Chengdu City
- Overall, while Jinshi may not have many significant historical events or people associated with it specifically, it has played an essential role in China’s history through its production of porcelain and silk and as a stopping point for Mao Zedong’s Red Army during the Long March.
- Jinshi Ancient Town: A well-preserved ancient town with traditional architecture and cultural relics.
- Jiaxiu Tower: A famous landmark of Guiyang city and one of the three most famous towers in southern China.
- Qianling Park: A beautiful park with lush greenery, scenic views, and a zoo.
- Hongfu Temple: An ancient temple with a rich history and stunning architecture.
- Guizhou Provincial Museum: A museum showcasing the history and culture of Guizhou province.
- Guiyang Forest Park: A large park with hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic spots.
- Huangguoshu Waterfall National Park: One of the largest waterfalls in Asia located near Jinshi city.
- Zhijin Cave Scenic Area: An underground cave system known for its unique rock formations and natural beauty.
- Baihua Lake Scenic Area: A picturesque lake surrounded by mountains offering boating activities and hiking trails.
- Tianxingqiao Scenic Spot: A natural landscape full of karst caves, waterfalls, and lakes.
- After conducting research on Jinshi, China’s sports teams and their histories,
- I found no significant information about any sports teams in the area.
- It is possible that there are local or amateur teams in Jinshi,
- but they may not have a notable history or recognition outside of the region.
- The Jinshi International Folk Art Festival is an annual event that takes place in August and showcases traditional folk art, music, dance, and crafts of Jinshi.
- The Lantern Festival is celebrated on the 15th day of the first lunar month to mark the end of Chinese New Year celebrations. This festival features colorful lantern displays and dragon dances.
- The Dragon Boat Festival, also known as Duanwu Festival, occurs on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month with dragon boat races and eating zongzi (sticky rice dumplings).
- The Mid-Autumn Festival is held on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month to celebrate harvest time with mooncakes, lanterns, and family gatherings.
- Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) is China’s most significant holiday celebrated in January or February with fireworks, lion dances, red decorations, and feasting with family.
- Qingming Festival (Tomb-Sweeping Day) occurs annually on April 4 or 5 to pay respects to ancestors by cleaning their gravesites and offering food offerings.
- Double Ninth Festival honors elderly people by climbing mountains for good luck or drinking chrysanthemum tea for health benefits; it takes place on the ninth day of the ninth lunar month each year.
- During July and August when lotus flowers are in bloom at Baihua Lake Scenic Area in Jinshi County there is a Lotus Flower Festival that features performances about lotuses as well as boating tours through them.
- Jinshi Fish Head: This is a famous dish in the region made with fresh fish head cooked in a spicy sauce.
- Shui Zhu Yu: A spicy fish dish that is cooked in a hotpot with Sichuan peppers and chili oil.
- Steamed Buns: The steamed buns are filled with pork or vegetables and are a popular breakfast food.
- Lao Cheng Yi Guan Restaurant: This restaurant serves authentic Chinese cuisine including seafood and meat dishes.
- Jia Ji Rou Gu Cha Restaurant: Known for its delicious chicken soup, this restaurant also offers other meat dishes like beef and lamb.
- Shan Shui Fang Restaurant: This restaurant offers traditional Chinese dishes like dumplings, noodles, and stir-fried vegetables.
- Xiang Wei Lou Restaurant: Famous for its hotpot dishes, this restaurant also serves other Sichuan-style cuisine like mapo tofu and kung pao chicken.
- Mei Shi Ren Jia Restaurant: A popular spot for locals to enjoy traditional Chinese breakfast foods like congee (rice porridge) or fried dough sticks dipped in soy milk (youtiao).
- Jinshi Ancient Town Park: This park is situated in the center of Jinshi and boasts stunning gardens, ancient architecture, and a serene lake.
- Xiangshan Mountain Scenic Area: Visitors can explore hiking trails, waterfalls, and breathtaking views of the countryside at this picturesque area.
- Shuanglong Lake: This expansive lake is perfect for fishing, boating or other water-based activities.
- Yueliangwan Park: With its vast lake offering paddle boats for rent along with walking paths and picnic spots, this park is an ideal place to relax.
- Jinshi Sports Center: Sports enthusiasts can enjoy basketball, tennis, soccer or swimming among other sports at this well-equipped center.
- Huaqiao Hot Springs Resort: Located on the outskirts of town, visitors can unwind in hot springs pools after a day of sightseeing or outdoor activities.
- Tianzhushan National Forest Park: A short drive from Jinshi lies this national park which has hiking trails through forests with spectacular views of mountains and valleys below.
- Huaguo Mountain Scenic Area: Another nearby scenic area featuring caves to explore as well as hiking trails through lush forests with waterfalls along the way is Huaguo Mountain Scenic Area.