Lehigh Acres, Florida
Geographic Coordinates: 26.612000, -81.638800
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 35.0°C (50°F to 95°F)
Lehigh Acres is a lovely place to live in Lee County, Florida, With a population of over 110, 000 residents. Initially developed as a retirement community in the 1950s, It has since grown into a residential area with many amenities and attractions. One of Lehigh Acres’ most notable features is its natural beauty. The area is surrounded by lush greenery and wildlife, Making it perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. There are several parks in the area that offer hiking trails, Picnic areas, Playgrounds, And sports fields. Veterans Park, Harns Marsh Preserve and Mirror Lakes Golf Course are some popular parks.
Residents also have access to excellent schools within the Lee County School District. Young children can attend Lehigh Elementary School or Sunshine Elementary School while middle school students can attend Lehigh Acres Middle School. High school students have two options: East Lee County High School or Lehigh Senior High School. Leisure activities abound in this beautiful town with many golf courses available such as Copperhead Golf Club which provides challenging play for all skill levels while Majestic Golf Club features scenic fairways lined with mature trees providing relaxing rounds for players who enjoy nature’s beauty while playing their game.
For shopping or dining out; there are plenty of options available in Lehigh Acres as well. The town center offers various shops ranging from big-box retailers like Walmart to local boutiques selling unique items you won’t find anywhere else. There are also plenty of restaurants serving up delicious cuisine from around the world including Italian food at Mario’s Italian Restaurant or Mexican cuisine at El Tarasco Mexican Restaurant.
Additionally; there are numerous events held throughout the year that celebrate local culture such as the annual Lehigh Acres Spring Festival held every March featuring live music, Food vendors and activities for all ages. Overall; if you enjoy natural beauty combined with small-town charm then consider visiting or living in this friendly community known as Lehigh Acres!
- Harns Marsh Preserve
- Veterans Park Recreation Center
- Mirror Lakes Golf Course
- Lehigh Acres Community Park
- Caloosahatchee Regional Park
- Westminster Golf Club
- Jim Fleming Ecological Preserve
- Lee County Manatee Park
- Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Retail trade
- Healthcare and social assistance
- Accommodation and food services
- Professional, scientific, and technical services
- Transportation and warehousing
- Finance and insurance
- Wholesale trade
- Educational services
- Settlement and Development: Lehigh Acres was originally developed in the 1950s by Chicago businessman Lee Ratner as a planned community for retirees. The area has since grown into a vibrant and diverse community with a population of over 100,000.
- Hurricane Charley: In August 2004, Hurricane Charley hit Lehigh Acres causing widespread damage to homes and businesses in the area.
- Roy McMillan: Roy McMillan was a professional baseball player who grew up in Lehigh Acres. He played for several teams during his career including the Cincinnati Reds, Milwaukee Braves, and New York Mets.
- Michael Hohl Honda: Michael Hohl Honda is one of the largest car dealerships in Lehigh Acres and has been serving the community for over 30 years.
- Veterans Park: Veterans Park is a popular recreational area located in Lehigh Acres that features sports fields, playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking trails.
- John Gielgud: The famous British actor John Gielgud owned property in Lehigh Acres during his later years.
- Gulf Coast Town Center: Gulf Coast Town Center is a large shopping mall located near Lehigh Acres that features over 100 stores including Target, Best Buy, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Southwest Florida International Airport: Southwest Florida International Airport is located just south of Lehigh Acres and serves as one of the major airports for the region.
- Lee County Public Schools: The Lee County Public School system serves students from kindergarten through twelfth grade in Lehigh Acres with several elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools available to choose from.
- Lehigh Regional Medical Center: Lehigh Regional Medical Center is an acute care hospital located on Lee Boulevard offering emergency services along with other healthcare services to residents of Greater Fort Myers communities like Alva, Arcadia, Buckingham, Cape Coral, Cypress Lake, Estero, Fort Myers, Gateway, Lehigh Acres, North Fort Myers, Pine Island, Sanibel, and Captiva.
- Veterans Park: A beautiful park that honors the sacrifices of American veterans.
- Harns Marsh Preserve: A nature preserve with hiking trails and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Lehigh Acres Community Park: A large park with sports fields, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
- Southwest Florida Military Museum & Library: A museum dedicated to preserving military history and honoring veterans.
- Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium: An educational center with a planetarium, animal exhibits, nature trails, and more.
- Art of the Olympians Museum & Gallery: An art museum featuring works by Olympic athletes from around the world.
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates: The former winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford that now serve as a historic site with tours and exhibits.
- Gulf Coast Town Center Mall: A popular shopping destination with a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve: Another nature preserve with boardwalks for easy exploration of wetlands habitats.
- Lovers Key State Park – Beaches on Lovers Key are some of the most beautiful in Florida!
- 1. The Florida Renaissance Festival
- 2. Art Basel Miami Beach
- 3. Gasparilla Pirate Festival
- 4. South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 5. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
You can check local event calendars or tourism websites for more information on cultural events and festivals in Lehigh Acres specifically.
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken – known for their fried chicken and sides such as mashed potatoes and gravy.
- El Tarasco – a Mexican restaurant that serves authentic dishes like tacos, burritos, and fajitas.
- China Wok – offers Chinese cuisine like lo mein, fried rice, and General Tso’s chicken.
- La Casita Mexican Restaurant – another Mexican restaurant that serves traditional dishes like chile rellenos and enchiladas.
- Salty Papa’s Shrimp House – specializes in seafood dishes such as shrimp scampi, clam chowder, and fish tacos.
- Veterans Park offers a range of amenities such as a playground, picnic areas, sports fields, and a walking trail.
- Lehigh Acres Community Park features an array of facilities including a pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball fields and even a skate park.
- Mirror Lakes Golf Course is an 18-hole golf course with practice facilities and also boasts a clubhouse.
- Harns Marsh Preserve is perfect for nature lovers as it offers hiking trails and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- East County Regional Library provides access to books, movies, music CDs as well as online resources for people of all ages.
- Lehigh Acres Trailhead Park has hiking trails that are connected to the Florida Trail system which makes it perfect for avid hikers.
- Buckingham Trails Preserve offers hiking trails through natural wetlands which is great for those who love nature walks.
- Caloosahatchee Regional Park has camping sites available along with kayaking opportunities on the river making it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve provides boardwalks over wetland habitats so visitors can observe wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Manatee Park gives visitors an opportunity to view manatees in their natural habitat which is perfect for animal lovers!