Geographic Coordinates: 28.852700, 77.092900
Temperature Range: 15.0°C to 45.0°C (59°F to 113°F)
Narela is an industrial town situated in the north-western region of Delhi, India. It covers an area of approximately 50 sq. km and is located about 20 km away from the heart of the city. The town has been rapidly developing over the past few years and has become a hub for various industries such as manufacturing, Textiles, Chemicals, And food processing. One of Narela’s significant landmarks is its ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva known as Narela Mandir. This temple attracts thousands of devotees every year who come to offer their prayers and seek blessings from Lord Shiva.
The temple complex also houses several other smaller shrines dedicated to various deities. Narela also boasts several beautiful parks and gardens that provide a peaceful escape from city life. Swarn Jayanti Park is one such park that spans across an area of 250 acres and features lush green lawns, Jogging tracks, Cycling paths, Play areas for children, And even a lake where visitors can enjoy boating. Another popular attraction in Narela is its bustling marketplaces where visitors can shop for everything from traditional Indian clothes to modern electronics at affordable prices.
Azadpur Mandi is the most famous market in Narela which happens to be one of Asia’s largest wholesale markets for fruits & vegetables. The town has excellent connectivity with other parts of Delhi through various modes of transportation like buses, Taxis, Auto-rickshaws as well as metro rail services that connect it with different parts of Delhi-NCR region including Gurgaon & Faridabad.
In recent years there has been considerable growth in real estate development in Narela with many new residential projects being launched by reputed builders like DLF & Omaxe Group among others offering modern amenities such as swimming pools, Clubhouses & gymnasiums making it an attractive destination for those looking to invest in property. Overall, Narela is a vibrant town that offers something for everyone – from its rich cultural heritage to modern amenities, And excellent connectivity. Its strategic location, Rapid development, And affordable prices make it an ideal destination for both tourists and investors alike.
- Narela is an industrial area located in Delhi, India.
- It boasts a variety of industries and businesses, including:
- Manufacturing units that produce textiles
- Electrical equipment
- The region surrounding Narela is known for its agricultural activities such as farming of:
- Other crops
- Due to its strategic location on the outskirts of Delhi, Narela serves as an important hub for transportation and logistics companies.
- With the development of new residential areas and commercial spaces in recent years, real estate has become a major industry in Narela.
- There are several shopping centers and markets in Narela that cater to the needs of local residents.
- The area also has several schools and colleges providing education to students from nearby areas.
- In terms of healthcare services there are hospitals and clinics offering medical services to people living in Narela.
- The tourism industry is also growing with the increasing number of hotels catering to:
- Business travelers visiting the area for work purposes
- Tourists exploring nearby attractions like Sultanpur National Park or Damdama Lake
- According to the epic Mahabharata, Narela is the birthplace of King Yudhishthira.
- During the Mughal era, Narela was an important center for trade and commerce.
- Hazrat Shah Waliullah Dehlvi, a famous Sufi saint spent his last days in Narela, and his tomb is located here.
- Many freedom fighters who played a significant role during India’s struggle for independence hailed from this area.
- In modern times, Narela has become an essential industrial hub with several large factories and manufacturing units operating here.
- Virender Sehwag, former Indian cricketer was born and brought up in this town.
- Swami Agnivesh was a social activist who lived in Narela for many years before his death in 2020.
- Sushma Swaraj represented this area as an MP several times during her career as a famous Indian politician with her political roots from this region.
- Sultanpur National Park
- Swarna Jayanti Park
- The National Museum of Natural History
- Dilli Haat – A cultural hub for shopping and dining
- Red Fort Complex – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Qutub Minar – another UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Lotus Temple – a Bahá’í House of Worship
- India Gate War Memorial
- Akshardham Temple
Popular cultural events and festivals in Narela, India:
- Diwali – celebrated as the festival of lights
- Holi – celebrated as the festival of colors
- Lohri – celebrated during the harvest festival with bonfires and traditional dance performances
- Teej – a women-centric festival that celebrates the monsoon season with traditional songs and dances
- Baisakhi – celebrated as a Punjabi festival that marks the beginning of a new year for farmers
- Dussehra – commemorates Lord Rama’s victory over Ravana and is celebrated by burning effigies of Ravana
- Janmashtami – celebrates Lord Krishna’s birth anniversary on Ashtami tithi (8th day) during Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) in Bhadrapada month (August-September)
Please note that these are just a few examples; there may be many other cultural events and festivals that take place throughout the year depending on local customs and traditions in Narela.
- Chole Bhature – A spicy chickpea curry served with deep-fried bread called bhature.
- Butter Chicken – A rich and creamy chicken dish cooked in a tomato-based gravy.
- Aloo Tikki – Fried potato patties served with chutney and yogurt.
- Paranthas – Stuffed flatbreads made with various fillings such as potatoes, paneer (cottage cheese), or cauliflower.
- Biryani – Spiced rice dish cooked with meat or vegetables.
Some popular restaurants in Narela serving these dishes are:
- Sardarji’s Dhaba
- Baba Chicken Corner
- Shree Balaji Restaurant
- Rajasthani Bhojanalaya
- Narela DDA Park
- Narela Sports Complex
- Narela Lake Park
- Swarn Jayanti Park, Rohini Sector 10 (located nearby)
- Adventure Island Amusement Park (located nearby)
- Splash Water park (located nearby)