Region: Central District
Geographic Coordinates: 32.328600, 34.856700
Temperature Range: 15.0°C to 30.0°C (59°F to 86°F)
Climate: Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters.
Netanya is a coastal city in the central district of Israel, Located just 30 kilometers north of Tel Aviv. It is known for its beautiful beaches, Vibrant nightlife, And rich history. The city was founded in 1929 by Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe and has since become a popular tourist destination. One of the main attractions in Netanya is its stunning beaches. The city boasts over 13 kilometers of sandy coastline that stretches from Poleg Beach to Herzl Beach and includes many smaller coves and bays.
Tourists can enjoy swimming, Sunbathing, Surfing or just strolling along the promenade that runs parallel to the beach. Netanya also has a rich history dating back to biblical times. The ancient city of Poleg was located nearby where King Solomon built his palace. Visitors can explore the remains of this ancient settlement at Ir Yamim Archaeological Park or visit nearby Beit Yanai National Park to see more ancient ruins. In addition to its natural beauty and historical significance, Netanya also offers plenty of entertainment options for visitors.
The city center has a lively atmosphere with numerous restaurants serving up delicious Israeli cuisine as well as international dishes. Nightlife in Netanya is also popular among tourists and locals alike. There are many bars and clubs that offer live music performances or DJ sets until late at night. For those interested in shopping, Netanya has several malls including Ir Yamim Mall which offers high-end fashion stores as well as local boutiques selling handmade crafts.
Overall, Netanya is an ideal destination for travelers looking for a mix of relaxation on beautiful beaches while exploring historic sites with plenty of entertainment options available throughout their stay.
- Poleg Beach
- Blue Bay Beach
- Netanya Promenade
- Tamnun Beach
- Beit Yad Lebanim Museum and Memorial Park
- Herzl Street
- Sironit Beach
- The Diamond Center
- Ir Yamim Mall
- Ramat Poleg Nature Reserve
- Netanya is a coastal city situated in the central district of Israel.
- The city boasts several major industries and businesses:
- Medical devices
- Real estate development
- Retail and shopping centers
- Software development
- Citrus fruits
- The city of Netanya was established in 1929 by a group of Jewish settlers from Poland.
- During the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, Israeli forces and Arab fighters engaged in a battle in Netanya.
- In 2001, Rehavam Ze’evi, Israeli Minister of Tourism, was assassinated at the Dan Accadia hotel located in Netanya.
- A memorial honoring fallen soldiers from Netanya and its surrounding areas is situated within the city called Yad Lebanim Memorial.
- Notable individuals who hail from Netanya include Haim Topol (actor), Yonatan Netanyahu (soldier and brother of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu), Oded Fehr (actor), Miriam Peretz (educator and mother of two fallen soldiers), and Yael Arad (Olympic medalist in judo).
- The museum displays his personal belongings
- Provides information about his life and legacy
- Maccabi Netanya Football Club was founded in 1934 and is one of the most successful football clubs in Israel, having won several national championships and boasting a loyal fan base.
- Ironi Netanya Basketball Club was established in 1957 and is one of Israel’s leading basketball teams, having won multiple Israeli Cups and reaching the finals of the EuroChallenge tournament.
- Hapoel Kfar Saba F.C., although not based in Netanya, is a prominent football club that plays its home games at HaMoshava Stadium in nearby Petah Tikva.
- Wingate Institute National Training Center, located just outside of Netanya, serves as Israel’s national training center for various sports such as athletics, swimming, gymnastics, and more.
- Beach Volleyball Tournaments are held annually on Netanya’s beautiful Mediterranean coastlines attracting top athletes from around the world to compete for prizes and glory.
- Netanya International Guitar Festival
- Netanya Kite Festival
- Netanya Street Theater Festival
- Netanya Wine and Culinary Festival
- Netanya Light and Sound Show
- The Israeli Opera at the Amphitheater in Park Ir Yamim
- The Israel Philharmonic Orchestra at the Cultural Center
- The Mediterranean Folklore Festival at the Poleg Beach Park
- Purim Parade and Celebrations in the city center
- Hanukkah Candle Lighting Ceremony on the beach promenade
- 1. Hummus Abu Hassan – a famous hummus restaurant known for its creamy and flavorful hummus.
- 2. Shaked Falafel – a popular falafel spot that also serves shawarma and other Middle Eastern dishes.
- 3. La Padella – an Italian restaurant with homemade pasta and pizza, as well as seafood dishes.
- 4. The Meat & Wine Co. – a steakhouse serving high-quality meats and wines from around the world.
- 5. Cafe Louise – a trendy cafe with delicious breakfast options, sandwiches, salads, and desserts.
- 6. Mika Sushi Bar – a sushi restaurant with fresh fish and creative rolls.
- 7. Nini Hachi Ramen House – a Japanese ramen spot offering authentic noodles in rich broth.
- 8. Pundak HaMifratz (The Station Restaurant) – located in an old train station, this restaurant serves Israeli-style grilled meats and vegetables.
- 9. Cafe Greg’s – an Israeli coffee chain that offers sandwiches, salads, pastries, and of course coffee!
- 10. El Gaucho Argentinian Grill House – serving up juicy steaks cooked to perfection along with other traditional Argentinean dishes like empanadas and chimichurri sauce!
- Poleg Beach Park is a vast park that boasts a beach, playgrounds, picnic tables, and walking trails.
- Independence Square serves as the central square of Netanya and features fountains, gardens, and benches for relaxation.
- Herzl Street Promenade is a pedestrian street that features various shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- The Netanya Amphitheater is an outdoor venue used for concerts and events.
- Wingate Institute Sports Center offers numerous sports facilities such as swimming pools, tennis courts, soccer fields etc.
- Ir Yamim Mall is a shopping mall with an indoor amusement park called Superland.
- Hasharon Beach National Park is a national park that includes beaches and hiking trails along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea.