Region: Hebei Province
Geographic Coordinates: 39.939800, 119.588000
Temperature Range: -20.0°C to 35.0°C (-4°F to 95°F)
Qinhuangdao is a city in northeastern China’s Hebei province, Situated on the Bohai Sea. Its beautiful beaches and scenic coastline make it a popular tourist destination. With a population of over 3 million people, It is one of the largest cities in Hebei. The city has an ancient history dating back to times when it was used as a strategic location during wars between different dynasties. It was also an important trading center due to its proximity to the sea.
Beidaihe Scenic Area is one of Qinhuangdao’s main attractions, Featuring over 30 kilometers of sandy beaches perfect for swimming and sunbathing. Parks and gardens throughout the city offer visitors opportunities for nature walks or picnics with family and friends. Shanhaiguan Pass, Located at the eastern end of the Great Wall, Is another must-see attraction in Qinhuangdao. This pass served as an important military stronghold during ancient times, And visitors can explore its many towers, Gates, And walls while learning about China’s rich history.
Visitors can also enjoy delicious local cuisine that reflects Qinhuangdao’s coastal location by trying fresh seafood dishes such as steamed crabs or grilled squid at one of many local restaurants throughout the city. For those interested in sports activities like golfing or skiing there are several world-class facilities available here too! The Shanhaiguan Golf Course offers panoramic views overlooking both mountains & sea while Yanshan Ski Resort provides excellent slopes for skiing enthusiasts who want some winter fun! Overall, Whether you’re looking for breathtaking scenery or rich cultural experiences Qinhuangdao has something for everyone!
- Shanhaiguan Pass is a significant historical landmark that signifies the eastern end of the Great Wall of China.
- Beidaihe Scenic Area is a highly sought-after beach resort destination that boasts stunning beaches and picturesque views.
- Old Dragon’s Head, situated in Shanhaiguan Pass, represents the farthest point eastward on the Great Wall.
- Laolongtou (Old Dragon’s Head) Park encompasses attractions such as a museum and other features centered around Old Dragon’s Head.
- Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Center Stadium is a state-of-the-art sports stadium that hosted events during the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- Tanghe River Park offers visitors scenic walking trails, gardens, and an impressive pagoda along the Tanghe River.
- Pigeon Nest Park sits atop a hill overlooking Beidaihe and provides breathtaking panoramic views of its surroundings.
- Xinao Underwater World showcases various marine animals while promoting ocean conservation through informative exhibits at its aquarium facility.
- Lianfeng Mountain National Forest Park serves as an ideal nature reserve with hiking trails offering stunning vistas of Qinhuangdao city below to outdoor enthusiasts seeking adventure in nature’s beauty.
- Happy Island Waterpark provides visitors with numerous water slides and pools to enjoy during summer months for refreshing fun-filled experiences with family or friends.
- Port and shipping industry: Qinhuangdao is a major port city in China with a thriving shipping industry.
- Iron and steel industry: The city is home to several large iron and steel companies, including Tangshan Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd.
- Tourism industry: Qinhuangdao is a popular tourist destination due to its scenic coastline, historic sites, and cultural attractions.
- Coal mining industry: The city has significant coal reserves and several large coal mines.
- Chemical industry: Qinhuangdao has a growing chemical industry with numerous companies engaged in the production of chemicals such as fertilizers, dyes, and pharmaceuticals.
- Agriculture: The surrounding region is known for its fertile farmland producing crops such as corn, wheat, soybeans, fruits, vegetables etc.
- Logistics Industry: With the development of E-commerce platforms like Alibaba, JD.com etc., there are many logistics companies that have come up to cater the needs of these platforms which have their warehouses located in this region.
- The Great Wall of China: Qinhuangdao is located at the eastern end of the Great Wall of China, which was built during the Ming Dynasty.
- Emperor Qin Shi Huang: The city is named after Emperor Qin Shi Huang, who was the first emperor to unify China.
- Battle of Lulong: In 1933, a battle took place in Lulong between Chinese and Japanese forces during the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- Olympic Games: In 2008, Qinhuangdao hosted some events for the Olympic Games held in Beijing.
- Li Dazhao: Li Dazhao was a prominent communist revolutionary who lived in Qinhuangdao and helped found the Communist Party of China.
- Tangshan Earthquake: In 1976, a devastating earthquake struck nearby Tangshan city, killing over 240,000 people and affecting many areas including Qinhuangdao.
- Shanhai Pass: Shanhai Pass is a famous passageway that connects Hebei Province to Liaoning Province through which many important historical figures have traveled throughout history such as Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan.
- Liu Bei: Liu Bei from Three Kingdoms period once visited this area to seek refuge from Cao Cao’s army before he formed his own kingdom later on.
- Han Xizai: Han Xizai was an official during Northern Song dynasty who owned an estate in this region where he hosted lavish parties that were depicted in famous painting The Night Revels of Han Xizai by Gu Hongzhong.
- Li Bai: Li Bai or Li Po, one of most celebrated poets from Tang dynasty visited this region while traveling along Yellow Sea coast for inspiration for his poetry work.
- Shanhaiguan Great Wall Museum
- Qinhuangdao Museum
- Laolongtou (Old Dragon’s Head)
- Beidaihe Scenic Area
- Pigeon Nest Park
- Xinao Underwater World
- Tanghe River Park
- Lianfeng Mountain Park
- Yansai Lake Wetland Park
- Site of the First Pass Under Heaven
- Hebei China Fortune F.C.: This is a professional football club that plays in the Chinese Super League and is based in Qinhuangdao.
- Qinhuangdao Ocean Sports Center: This multi-sport complex hosts aquatic sports events such as swimming, diving, and water polo.
- Qinhuangdao Eagles: This professional basketball team played in the Chinese Basketball Association from 2005 to 2014.
- Hebei Huabei Tigers: This was a professional ice hockey team that played in the Asia League Ice Hockey from 2008 to 2017 and was based in Qinhuangdao.
- Hebei Xingfu Football Club: This was another football club based in Qinhuangdao that played in lower divisions of Chinese football before being dissolved.
Note: The information provided above may not be up-to-date or accurate as it’s difficult to keep track of all recent changes and updates happening around different regions of the world at any given time; hence, it’s recommended to do your research for more updated information or consult with relevant authorities/experts if needed.
- Qinhuangdao International Sand Sculpture Festival: This annual festival runs from May to October and features stunning sand sculptures created by artists from all over the world.
- Beidaihe International Birdwatching Festival: Celebrated in September, this festival honors the diverse bird species found in the Beidaihe area.
- Shanhaiguan Lantern Festival: This Chinese New Year celebration is marked by colorful lanterns, dragon dances, and fireworks displays.
- Qinhuangdao International Kite Festival: Held in August, this festival showcases an array of kites from around the globe and includes kite-flying competitions and demonstrations.
- Dragon Boat Festival: Recognized throughout China every June with dragon boat races on rivers or seas.
- Qinhuangdao Seafood Festival: Every September or October, this festival highlights local seafood with cooking demonstrations, tastings, and other food-related events.
- Qinhuangdao Cherry Blossom Festival: Celebrated each spring when cherry blossoms are at their peak bloom; this event offers traditional Chinese music performances as well as food vendors selling local delicacies such as cherry blossom tea.
- Qinglong Manchu Ethnic Culture Tourism Festival: Honoring indigenous ingredients like wild mushrooms; celebrated annually during August or September with traditional Manchu music performances, dance shows and food tasting events.
- Qinhuangdao Cultural Tourism Week: A week-long event held every year since 2010 showcasing cultural activities such as calligraphy exhibitions, folk music performances, martial arts demonstrations, etc.
- Seafood dishes like steamed scallops, grilled oysters, and boiled sea cucumber
- Peking duck served with thin pancakes and scallions
- Shanxi noodles served with various toppings such as braised pork or beef
- Boiled pork dumplings and fried shrimp dumplings
If you’re looking for restaurants that specialize in these dishes, there are several options to choose from:
- Haiyue Restaurant specializes in seafood dishes and has been around for over 30 years
- Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant is a chain restaurant that serves traditional Chinese dishes including Peking duck
- Shanxi Noodle House serves Shanxi-style noodles with various toppings as its name suggests
- Jiajiayuan Dumpling House is known for its homemade dumplings made with fresh ingredients
- Beidaihe Scenic Area is a must-visit destination for beach lovers. The area boasts of sandy beaches, clear water and stunning views that will leave you breathless.
- Shanhaiguan Pass National Park is steeped in history and marks the eastern end of the Great Wall of China. It’s a popular attraction for tourists who want to learn more about China’s rich history.
- Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Center Stadium is an impressive venue that hosts sports events and concerts throughout the year.
- Xinao Underwater World offers visitors a chance to explore an underwater world filled with marine life such as sharks, dolphins, sea turtles and more.
- Lianfeng Mountain Park is a picturesque park with hiking trails, pavilions and breathtaking views of Qinhuangdao City.
- Tiger Stone Marine Park is perfect for families looking for aquatic activities such as dolphin shows and sea lion performances.
- Qinhuangdao Wildlife Park lets visitors get up close with animals from all over the world including lions, tigers, bears and elephants.
- Qinghuang Island Beach Resort Area is another popular beach resort area known for its natural beauty and clear waters that attract tourists from all over the world.
- Tanghe River Park offers scenic riverside walks along water’s edge that offer great views of Qinhuangdao City skyline.
- Fengshan Temple Scenic Spot located in Beidaihe District which attracts many tourists due to its famous temple known for its cultural significance in Qinhuangdao City.