Geographic Coordinates: 34.218900, 113.769000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 35.0°C (-40°F to 95°F)
Jianshe is a city located in the southwestern province of Sichuan, China. It is situated in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and covers an area of approximately 4, 000 square kilometers. The city has a population of around 1 million people and is known for its rich cultural heritage, Natural beauty, And delicious cuisine. One of the most popular attractions in Jianshe is Mount Emei. This mountain stands at over 3, 000 meters tall and is considered one of China’s Four Sacred Buddhist Mountains.
Visitors can hike to the summit or take a cable car to enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. The mountain also boasts several ancient temples and monasteries that are steeped in history. Another must-see attraction in Jianshe is Leshan Giant Buddha. This statue stands at over 70 meters tall and was carved out of a cliff face during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD). It remains one of the largest stone statues in the world and attracts millions of visitors each year.
In addition to its natural beauty, Jianshe also has a rich culinary culture that includes spicy Sichuan cuisine as well as local specialties such as bamboo shoots, Tea-flavored eggs, And tofu pudding. Visitors can explore local markets or dine at one of many restaurants throughout town to experience these delicious dishes firsthand. Jianshe’s history dates back over two thousand years when it was established as an important trading hub along the Yangtze River.
In more recent times, It played an important role during China’s Cultural Revolution when Mao Zedong ordered many intellectuals from urban areas to be sent here for reeducation. Today visitors can still see remnants from this period including propaganda posters on building walls. Despite its rich history and cultural significance, Jianshe remains relatively unknown among international travelers compared with other major Chinese cities like Beijing or Shanghai – making it an ideal destination for those seeking a more authentic and off-the-beaten-path experience.
- The Great Wall of China
- Forbidden City
- Temple of Heaven
- Summer Palace
- Tiananmen Square
- Lama Temple (Yonghegong)
- Beihai Park
- Hutongs (old alleys)
- National Museum of China
- Wangfujing Street
- Agriculture – Jianshe is known for its fertile land and agricultural production, including crops such as rice, wheat, corn, and vegetables.
- Manufacturing – There are several small manufacturing companies in Jianshe that produce products such as machinery parts, textiles, and electronics.
- Tourism – Jianshe is home to several natural attractions such as the Yulong River Scenic Area and the Li River National Park which attract tourists from all over China.
- Education – There are several schools and universities in Jianshe that offer education services to students from across the region.
- Retail – There are many small shops and markets in Jianshe that sell a variety of goods including clothing, food items, electronics etc.
- Services – There are various service-based businesses operating in Jianshe such as banks or healthcare facilities like hospitals or clinics among others which provide employment opportunities for locals within the city area itself or nearby regions too!
- Jianshe is a district in Chengdu, China with a rich history.
- It has been associated with several notable historical events and people, including:
- Li Bai and Du Fu, two famous poets from the Tang Dynasty.
- Zhang Xianzhong, who led an uprising against corrupt officials during the late Ming Dynasty.
- Wen Yiduo, a modernist poet who promoted modern Chinese poetry and literature, lived in Chengdu during the early 20th century.
- The Battle of Jianshui (1864) was fought during the Taiping Rebellion between Qing forces and the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.
- The Qing forces emerged victorious, which helped suppress the rebellion.
- In May 2008, an earthquake struck Sichuan province including Jianshe district causing widespread damage and loss of life.
- Huanglongxi Ancient Town is located within Jianshe district and dates back to at least 220 AD during China’s Three Kingdoms period (220-280).
- It has been well-preserved over time and offers visitors a glimpse into traditional Chinese architecture from centuries ago.
- Liu Wencai(刘文彩), born in Jianshi District in 1911 was a famous Chinese revolutionary who became former vice-chairman of National People’s Congress.
- Chinese New Year (Spring Festival)
- Lantern Festival
- Qingming Festival (Tomb Sweeping Day)
- Dragon Boat Festival
- Mid-Autumn Festival (Mooncake Festival)
- Double Ninth Festival
- Winter Solstice
- National Day Golden Week
These festivals are celebrated throughout China with different customs and traditions depending on the region and local culture.
- Jianshe Roast Duck – A specialty dish of roasted duck that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Lanzhou Beef Noodles – A famous noodle dish made with beef broth and hand-pulled noodles.
- Sichuan Hot Pot – A spicy hot pot dish that is popular throughout China.
- Liangpi (Cold Skin Noodles) – A cold noodle dish made from wheat flour or rice flour served with a variety of toppings.
- Dongbei Dumplings – Dumplings filled with meat and vegetables originating from Northeastern China.
Some popular restaurants in Jianshe include:
- Hongyun Restaurant (红云餐厅)
- Laotongguan Restaurant (老同观餐厅)
- Xiangcao Yiyuan Restaurant (香草医院餐厅)
- Shujiuxiang Hotpot Restaurant (蜀九香火锅店)
- Xinyue Seafood Restaurant (新悦海鲜大酒楼)
- Jianshe Park – a large park with walking paths, gardens, and a lake for boating.
- Xianhu Lake Scenic Area – a scenic spot with hiking trails, waterfalls, and panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Shangshui Forest Park – a forested park with walking trails and picnic areas.
- Jianshe Sports Center – a sports complex with facilities for swimming, basketball, tennis, and other sports.
- Jianshe Cultural Square – an open-air plaza used for cultural events and performances.
- Qingquan Hot Springs Resort – a resort featuring hot springs pools and spa treatments.
- Wuyi Mountain National Forest Park – a national park with hiking trails through scenic mountain landscapes.
- Jiulongshan National Forest Park – another national park that offers hiking trails through lush forests to waterfalls and stunning viewpoints over the cityscape below.