Geographic Coordinates: 28.841700, 112.359000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Climate: Seasonal climate patterns in Qionghu, China are characterized by hot and humid summers, mild and dry autumns, cool and dry winters, and wet springs. The region experiences typhoons from July to September.
Qionghu is a charming and picturesque town located in the northeastern part of China, In the Anhui province. The town is situated on the banks of Huai River and surrounded by lush greenery, Making it an ideal destination for nature lovers. Qionghu has a rich cultural heritage that dates back to over 2000 years ago, During the Han Dynasty. One of the most notable attractions in Qionghu is its ancient city walls. These walls were built during the Ming Dynasty and are still standing strong today.
They are made of bricks and stones, And visitors can walk along them to enjoy panoramic views of the town below. The walls also offer a glimpse into China’s rich history. Another must-visit attraction in Qionghu is its beautiful temples. The most famous temple in town is called Xiangshan Temple, Which was built during the Tang Dynasty. This temple houses many ancient artifacts such as statues and paintings that showcase China’s Buddhist culture. Qionghu also boasts some stunning natural scenery that attracts tourists from all over the world.
One such place is Huaihe River Scenic Area which offers breathtaking views of mountains, Waterfalls, Forests, Lakes and riverside villages with traditional Chinese architecture. For foodies visiting Qionghu, There are plenty of local delicacies to try out such as Wuhua Cake (a type of steamed cake), Shaoxing Wine (a type of Chinese rice wine), Liangpi (cold noodles) among others. visitors can engage with locals at Fangte Happy World theme park where they can ride roller coasters or watch live performances by acrobats or dancers showcasing traditional Chinese culture.
In conclusion, Qionghu offers an unforgettable experience for anyone looking to explore China’s rich cultural heritage while enjoying its natural beauty at its best!
- Qionghu is a district located in the city of Bozhou, Anhui Province, China.
- The area is well-known for its fertile land and agricultural products such as:
- Qionghu has a thriving pharmaceutical industry that produces:
- Traditional Chinese medicines
- Modern pharmaceuticals
- The district also boasts of a significant textile industry that produces different textiles such as:
- There are machinery manufacturing companies in Qionghu that produce equipment for agriculture and other industries.
- Several food processing plants are also present in the district producing various food products like canned fruits and vegetables.
- Electronic manufacturing companies exist producing electronic components like capacitors and resistors.
- Another significant industry in Qionghu is chemical production with several chemical plants producing:
- Other chemicals
- Finally, the district has construction materials production firms that produce cement blocks and bricks used for construction purposes.
- Battle of Qiong Lake: In 383 AD, the Jin Dynasty fought against rebel forces during the Sixteen Kingdoms period in this battle at Qiong Lake. The Jin army emerged victorious.
- Li Shizhen: Li Shizhen was a well-known Chinese physician who lived during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). He authored Compendium of Materia Medica, which remains one of the most comprehensive books on traditional Chinese medicine.
- Yellow Crane Tower: This tower is an iconic landmark in Wuhan that dates back to 223 AD when it was first constructed during the Three Kingdoms period.
- Yangtze River Bridge: Completed in 1957, this bridge over China’s longest river was one of only two bridges at that time.
- Zhang Zhidong: Zhang Zhidong was an influential politician who advocated for modernization and reform within China’s government and military during late Qing Dynasty (1644-1912).
- Wuchang Uprising: Revolutionaries launched an uprising against Qing Dynasty rule from Wuchang district (now part of Wuhan) in 1911 that eventually led to imperial rule’s downfall in China.
- Mao Zedong: Mao Zedong visited Qionghu several times while serving as Chairman of Communist Party from 1949 until his death in 1976, including making speeches there on multiple occasions.
- Qionghai Museum
- Wanquan River Scenic Area
- Boao Forum for Asia International Conference Center
- Hainan Tropical Wildlife Park and Botanical Garden
- Boao Water City
- The Guanyin Statue of Hainan
- Dongshan Ridge Scenic Area
- Nanli Lake Tourist Resort
- Xinglong Coffee Plantation
- Baishi Ridge Hot Spring
- Qionghu Dragon Boat Festival – a traditional festival celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month.
- Qionghu International Kite Festival – a colorful event held annually in October where kite enthusiasts from all over China and other countries come to showcase their unique kite designs.
- Qionghu Cherry Blossom Festival – held during springtime when cherry blossoms bloom all over the city.
- Lantern Festival – a traditional Chinese festival celebrated on the 15th day of the first lunar month with lantern displays, lion dances, and fireworks.
- Mid-Autumn Festival – another traditional Chinese festival celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month with mooncakes and family reunions.
- New Year’s Eve Gala – a grand celebration held every year on December 31st to welcome in the new year with performances and fireworks displays.
Please note that this information may be subject to change depending upon local government policies regarding public gatherings due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions or any other reasons beyond our control.
- Qionghu Roast Duck: This famous dish can be found in many local restaurants.
- Qionghu Rice Noodles: These noodles are made from rice flour and served with various toppings like meat, vegetables, and sauces.
- Dongpo Pork: A traditional Chinese dish made with pork belly that has been braised for hours in soy sauce and other spices.
- Liangpi (Cold Skin Noodles): This is a cold noodle dish made from wheat or rice flour that is served with a spicy sauce.
- Xiangji Dumplings: These dumplings are filled with pork or beef and served steamed or fried.
If you’re looking to try these dishes out, here are some popular restaurants to consider:
- Shunxing Restaurant
- Hualong Restaurant
- Yinyuan Restaurant
- Jinhua Hotel Restaurant
- Xinglong Food City
- Qionghu Park – a large park with beautiful scenery and various facilities for outdoor activities such as walking paths, playgrounds, and sports fields.
- Baiyun Mountain Scenic Area – a popular tourist destination known for its stunning mountain views and hiking trails.
- Xiangshan Park – a peaceful park with lakeside views and lush greenery perfect for picnics or relaxing walks.
- Qionghu Cultural Center – a cultural hub that hosts various events such as concerts, exhibitions, and performances.
- Qionghu Sports Center – a sports complex featuring swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, gyms, and other fitness facilities.
- Tiantong Temple – an ancient Buddhist temple located in the outskirts of Qionghu offering visitors a glimpse into Chinese history and culture.
- Fenghuang Lake Wetland Park – an ecological park featuring wetlands teeming with wildlife such as birds and fish ideal for nature lovers who enjoy bird watching or fishing activities.