Round Rock, Texas
Geographic Coordinates: 30.527000, -97.664200
Temperature Range: -10.0°C to 40.0°C (14°F to 104°F)
Climate: Seasonal with hot summers and mild winters.
Round Rock is a city in Texas, USA, Located just north of Austin. It has a rich history dating back to the 19th century when it was founded as a small farming community and has grown into a bustling city with over 130, 000 people. One of the most popular attractions in Round Rock is the Round Rock Premium Outlets. This outdoor shopping center features over 125 stores offering designer brands at discounted prices. Visitors can shop for clothing, Accessories, Home goods and more while taking advantage of great deals.
Another notable attraction in Round Rock is the Dell Diamond Stadium. This minor league baseball stadium serves as home to the Round Rock Express team and also hosts various events throughout the year such as concerts and festivals. For those interested in history and culture, Round Rock offers several museums and historic sites to explore. The Williamson Museum tells the story of Williamson County through exhibits featuring artifacts from local communities dating back to prehistoric times. The Palm House Museum offers visitors an opportunity to step back in time by exploring an authentic Victorian-era home built in 1891.
Nature lovers will appreciate Brushy Creek Lake Park which spans over 90 acres with hiking trails, Fishing spots, Picnic areas and playgrounds for children making it perfect for family outings or solo adventures alike . Another nearby attraction is Inner Space Caverns which provides guided tours through underground limestone caves that are millions of years old.
Round Rock also boasts excellent dining options ranging from classic American fare at places like Rudy’s BBQ or Salt Lick BBQ (a Texas institution) , Mexican cuisine at Dos Salsas or Fuego Tortilla Grill , Asian-inspired dishes at Pho Danh or Thai Spice Cuisine , Among others . Overall, Whether you’re looking for shopping opportunities , Sports events , Cultural experiences or outdoor recreation activities – there’s something for everyone in Round Rock, Texas. Its small-town charm combined with its big-city amenities make it a great destination for visitors and a wonderful place to call home.
- Round Rock Premium Outlets
- Dell Diamond Stadium
- Round Rock Express Baseball Team
- Rock ‘N River Water Park
- Old Settlers Park and Sports Complex
- Chisholm Trail Crossing Park
- Round Rock Donuts
- The Williamson Museum on the Chisholm Trail
- Memorial Park and Veterans Monument
- Brushy Creek Lake Park
- Technology: Round Rock is home to several technology companies, including Dell Technologies, Emerson Process Management, and National Instruments.
- Health care: The city has a number of healthcare providers such as St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center.
- Retail: There are several shopping centers in the city such as La Frontera Village and Round Rock Premium Outlets that offer a variety of retail options.
- Education: Educational institutions like Texas State University-Round Rock Campus and Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine have their campuses located in the city.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing companies like Samsung Austin Semiconductor also operate in Round Rock.
- Hospitality: The tourism industry is also significant with numerous hotels, restaurants, and entertainment venues being available throughout the city.
- Construction: With its growing population, there is also a high demand for construction services which has led to an increase in construction firms operating within the area.
- Finance: Financial services are also present with firms like Fidelity Investments having operations within the region.
- The Battle of Round Rock occurred on April 6, 1864, and was fought between Confederate and Union troops in the streets of Round Rock. The Confederate soldiers emerged victorious, making it one of the last battles fought in Texas during the Civil War.
- Sam Bass was a notorious outlaw who carried out robberies on trains and stagecoaches throughout Texas during the late 1800s. He met his end in a shootout with law enforcement officers near Round Rock on July 21, 1878.
- The Chisholm Trail was a famous cattle drive route that passed through Round Rock from the late 1800s to early 1900s.
- Dell Computer Corporation was founded by Michael Dell in his dorm room at the University of Texas at Austin and had its headquarters located in Round Rock until it moved to nearby Austin in 1994.
- McNeil Settlement Cemetery is one of Williamson County’s oldest cemeteries dating back to the mid-1800s and containing gravesites for many notable early settlers and pioneers.
- The Old Settlers Association was established by local residents in 1908 with a goal to preserve and promote local history and culture while holding an annual festival that draws thousands of visitors each year.
- John Mouton played an important role as a prominent businessman and politician who served as mayor of Round Rock from 1949 to1963, contributing significantly towards developing civic projects that helped shape modern-day Round Rock.
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions is one of America’s largest indoor waterpark resorts with over $550 million invested into creating an African-themed resort experience under its one-million-square-foot roof featuring slides, pools, restaurants & more all indoors! It opened its doors on November12th offering visitors an unforgettable experience.
- Round Rock Arts Center
- Williamson Museum
- Chisholm Trail Crossing Park
- Round Rock Memorial Park and Sculpture Garden
- Old Settlers Park
- Dell Diamond
- Brushy Creek Regional Trail
- Inner Space Caverns
- Texas Museum of Science and Technology
- Flix Brewhouse (movie theater and microbrewery)
- The Round Rock Express is a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Texas Rangers since 2011. They were founded in 2000 and play in the Pacific Coast League.
- The Round Rock Dragons are a high school football team representing Round Rock High School, with multiple state championships under their belt.
- The Stony Point Tigers are another successful high school football team in Round Rock, representing Stony Point High School and making it to the playoffs multiple times.
- The McNeil Mavericks represent McNeil High School and have notable players such as former NFL player Drew Brees.
- The Cedar Ridge Raiders are a newer addition to sports in Round Rock, established in 2010 as part of Cedar Ridge High School’s inaugural year and already making several playoff appearances.
- The Westwood Warriors represent Westwood High School and compete in various sports including basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis, among others.
- The Round rock lacrosse club was formed by parents who wanted their children to learn lacrosse and now offers programs for both boys’ and girls’ teams from elementary through high school level.
Overall, Round Rock boasts many talented athletes who compete at different levels of competition across various sports categories.
- Round Rock Chalk Walk Arts Festival
- Williamson County Fair
- Hairy Man Festival
- Frontier Days Celebration
- Flix Brewhouse Summer Movie Series
- Holiday Tree Lighting and Santa’s Workshop
- Round Rock Diwali Festival of Lights
- Music on Main Street Concert Series
- Food Truck Fridays at Centennial Plaza
- Rock’N Lights Holiday Light Tour
- Salt Lick BBQ – Known for their delicious barbecue dishes such as brisket, ribs, and sausage.
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen – Offers Southern-inspired cuisine using locally sourced ingredients.
- Greenhouse Craft Food – Serves farm-to-table dishes made with fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q – Another popular barbecue joint that serves brisket, ribs, and sausage.
- Pho Danh – A Vietnamese restaurant that serves traditional pho noodle soup and other Vietnamese dishes.
- Gino’s Italian Restaurant – Offers classic Italian dishes such as pasta, pizza, and seafood.
- Fuego Latino Gastropub – Serves Latin American-inspired cuisine with a modern twist.
- Pok-e-Jo’s Smokehouse – Another barbecue restaurant that offers smoked meats such as brisket, pork ribs, and chicken.
- The Scarlet Rabbit – A cozy gastropub that serves American comfort food with a twist.
- Fire in the Hole Pizza Company- A pizzeria offering wood-fired pizzas made from scratch using fresh ingredients including vegan options
- Old Settlers Park is the largest park in Round Rock, offering a variety of recreational activities such as baseball, soccer, disc golf, fishing, hiking trails, playgrounds and water sports.
- Brushy Creek Lake Park provides a beautiful lake for fishing and boating along with hiking trails and picnic areas.
- Play for All Abilities Park is an inclusive playground designed for children of all abilities to play together.
- Memorial Park features walking trails, picnic areas, a splash pad, basketball courts and tennis courts.
- Round Rock Sports Center is an indoor sports complex that hosts basketball tournaments and other sporting events throughout the year.
- Round Rock Dog Depot is a dog park where dogs can run free in a safe environment while their owners relax on benches or under shaded structures.
- Clay Madsen Recreation Center offers fitness classes like yoga or Zumba along with gym equipment to keep you fit.
- Dell Diamond Stadium is home to the minor league team Round Rock Express.
- Rock’n River Waterpark is the perfect place to cool off during summers with water slides, lazy river etc.