Region: Madhya Pradesh
Geographic Coordinates: 24.110000, 82.390000
Temperature Range: 15.0°C to 35.0°C (59°F to 95°F)
Singrauliya is a small town situated in the north-central region of India, In the state of Uttar Pradesh. The town is located on the banks of River Rihand and is surrounded by lush green forests and hills. Singrauliya is famous for its natural beauty, Rich cultural heritage, And historic landmarks. One of the most popular attractions in Singrauliya is the Rihand Dam which happens to be one of the largest dams in India. The dam was built over River Rihand to generate hydroelectric power and provide irrigation facilities to nearby farmlands.
Tourists from all over India visit this place to enjoy boating, Fishing, And other water sports activities. Another attraction that draws tourists towards Singrauliya is Chitrakoot Falls which are considered one of the most beautiful waterfalls in India. These falls are located about 70 km from Singrauliya and are formed by River Indravati as it cascades down a steep hillside into a deep gorge below. Singrauliya also has several ancient temples that attract visitors throughout the year. One such temple is Sharda Devi Temple which dates back to 10th century AD.
This temple dedicated to Goddess Saraswati attracts devotees from all over India who come here seeking blessings for knowledge and wisdom. The town also has several wildlife sanctuaries that are home to a wide variety of flora and fauna species including tigers, Leopards, Elephants, Deer, Peacocks etc.. One such sanctuary near Singrauliya called Sonbhadhra Wildlife Sanctuary covers an area of about 300 sq km & offers jeep safaris allowing visitors an opportunity to see these animals up close.
Singrauliya’s local cuisine includes traditional dishes like Dal Bafla (lentil curry with wheat dumplings), Biryani (rice dish with meat or vegetables), Kachori (spicy fried pastry), And Laddu (sweet balls made of gram flour). Overall, Singrauliya is a perfect destination for those who want to experience the beauty of nature, Explore ancient temples, And enjoy wildlife safaris. The town offers a unique mix of history, Culture and natural beauty that makes it an ideal place to visit for travelers seeking an offbeat destination in India.
- Rihand Dam
- Tippa Jhariya Dam
- Chilika Lake
- Jayant Coal Mines
- Krishnashila Temple
- Kali Mandir
- Hanuman Mandir
- Vindhyanagar Township
- Singrauli Super Thermal Power Plant
- Jaypee Nagar Township
- Coal mining: Singrauliya has large coal reserves that are mined by companies like Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL), Reliance Power, Essar Power, Jaypee Group, etc.
- Thermal power generation: The town has several thermal power plants that produce electricity from coal. Some of the major players in this industry are NTPC Limited, Reliance Power, Essar Power, Hindalco Industries Ltd., etc.
- Aluminium production: Hindalco Industries Ltd., a subsidiary of Aditya Birla Group is one of the largest producers of aluminium in India with its plant located in Singrauliya.
- Cement manufacturing: Jaypee Group operates a cement plant in the town which produces high-quality cement used for construction purposes.
- Construction and infrastructure development: With the growth of industries, there has been an increase in demand for infrastructure development leading to growth opportunities for construction companies.
- Transportation and logistics: As an industrial hub with multiple industries operating here, transportation and logistics play a crucial role in facilitating smooth operations.
- Education sector: With the growing population and need for skilled professionals to work in these industries there is also growth potential within education sectors such as schools, colleges & training institutes offering courses related to engineering & technology fields among others to cater to this demand for skilled workforce.
- Singrauliya is a small town located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Singrauliya is situated near the Rihand Dam, which was constructed on the Rihand River in 1962. The dam is one of India’s largest dams.
- Singrauliya is located in Sonbhadra district, which has a rich history dating back to ancient times. The district was ruled by various dynasties such as Mauryas, Guptas, Kushans and Mughals.
- Singrauliya is known for its coal mines and thermal power plants that generate electricity for various parts of India.
- Kailash Nath Katju (1887-1968), an Indian politician and freedom fighter who served as Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh from 1952 to 1956 and later became Governor of Orissa was a notable person associated with Singrauliya.
- Shivpal Singh Yadav (born 1955), an Indian politician who served as Minister for Irrigation in the Government of Uttar Pradesh from 2012 to 2017 also hails from Sonbhadra district.
- Overall while there may not be many significant historical events or people specifically associated with Singrauliya itself; its location near important infrastructure projects like Rihand Dam and coal mines make it an important part of India’s modern development story.
- Jayant Coal Mines: The largest coal mines in Asia.
- Rihand Dam: One of the largest dams in India.
- Tippa Jhariya Dam: A beautiful dam located on the outskirts of Singrauliya.
- Vindhyachal Temple: A famous Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Durga.
- Shakti Peeth Narmada Temple: A holy temple dedicated to Goddess Narmada.
- Kali Mandir: Another popular Hindu temple located near the Rihand Dam.
- Baidhanath Falls: A scenic waterfall located near Mada and Waidhan area of Singrauliya district.
- Banaras Ghat and Hanuman Mandir: A famous ghat (river bank) on the Son River with a Hanuman temple nearby.
- Chilka Lake Bird Sanctuary: An ideal place for bird lovers with more than 200 species of birds found here throughout the year.
- NTPC Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station – One of India’s largest thermal power stations and a major attraction for tourists interested in energy production and technology.
- Singrauliya is a small town in India
- It’s not known for any significant sports teams or their histories
- It may have some local sports clubs or teams that participate in regional tournaments or events
- However, there is no notable history of any professional sports team from Singrauliya
- Diwali: This is a major festival celebrated throughout India, including Singrauliya. It is known as the Festival of Lights and celebrates the victory of light over darkness.
- Holi: Another popular festival in Singrauliya is Holi, also known as the Festival of Colors. It marks the beginning of spring and involves throwing colored powder and water at each other.
- Navratri: This nine-day festival celebrates the triumph of good over evil and honors the goddess Durga.
- Janmashtami: This festival marks the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna and is celebrated with great enthusiasm in Singrauliya.
- Dussehra: Also known as Vijayadashami, this festival celebrates Lord Rama’s victory over Ravana and symbolizes good triumphing over evil.
- Chhath Puja: This unique festival honors Surya Devta (the Sun God) through rituals involving fasting, offering prayers to the rising sun, and taking holy dips in rivers or lakes.
- Teej: Celebrated by womenfolk across North India including Singrauliya to welcome monsoon season with fasting & singing traditional songs
- Nag Panchami : Worshiping snakes on this day
- Basant Panchmi : Celebrating Spring season
- Raksha Bandhan : A brother-sister bond strengthening ritual
- Poha – a breakfast dish made with flattened rice, onions, and spices.
- Jalebi – a sweet dish made with deep-fried dough soaked in sugar syrup.
- Samosas – fried or baked pastry filled with spiced potatoes and peas.
Some popular restaurants in Singrauliya, India include:
- Chawla’s Restaurant – known for its North Indian cuisine.
- Sagar Ratna – known for its South Indian cuisine.
- The Yellow Chilli – known for its fusion cuisine combining Indian and Western flavors.
- Rihand Dam is a popular tourist attraction in Singrauliya that offers boating, fishing, and picnic opportunities.
- Vindhya Nagar Park has a children’s play area, walking track, and green spaces for relaxation.
- Kali Mandir Park is located near the Kali Mandir temple and has a small pond and walking track.
- Jayant Nature Park is an eco-tourism destination with trekking trails, bird watching opportunities, and camping facilities.
- Anpara Lake offers boating facilities and scenic views of the surrounding hills.
- Shakti Nagar Park has a large playground for children as well as walking tracks for adults.
- Chilika Lake Bird Sanctuary is located about 50 km from Singrauliya and is home to several species of migratory birds during winter months.
- Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple Garden is a small garden located near the Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple with benches for sitting and relaxing.
- Mada Caves Wildlife Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary located about 70 km from Singrauliya that offers trekking trails through dense forests inhabited by various species of animals including tigers, leopards, deer etc..
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Campus Greenery Area – The campus of IGNTU is surrounded by lush greenery which serves as an ideal spot for nature lovers to spend some time amidst nature’s beauty.