Geographic Coordinates: 32.210900, 119.455000
Temperature Range: -10.0°C to 40.0°C (14°F to 104°F)
Zhenjiang is a beautiful city located in the eastern part of China, In the Jiangsu province. It is situated on the banks of the Yangtze River and has a history that dates back over 2, 500 years. The city has been an important center for trade and commerce since ancient times, And it continues to be an important economic hub in modern-day China. One of the most notable landmarks in Zhenjiang is Jinshan Temple, Which was built during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD).
The temple complex covers an area of over 30 acres and features several buildings with intricate carvings and beautiful gardens. Visitors can explore the temple’s many halls, Pagodas, And shrines while learning about its rich history. Another popular attraction in Zhenjiang is Jiaoshan Mountain Park, Which offers stunning views of both the Yangtze River and Zhenjiang’s skyline. The park features several hiking trails that wind through lush forests and offer visitors a chance to see local wildlife like monkeys and birds. Atop Jiaoshan Mountain sits Beigu Hill Pavilion – a historic structure that provides panoramic views of Zhenjiang.
The city also boasts some impressive museums such as Zhenjiang Museum which showcases artifacts from various periods throughout Chinese history including pottery from ancient times to contemporary art pieces by local artists. Another museum worth visiting is Jiangsu Provincial Museum where visitors can learn about Jiangsu Province’s rich cultural heritage through exhibits featuring traditional costumes, Musical instruments, Paintings & calligraphy works among other things. For food enthusiasts who want to experience authentic Chinese cuisine while visiting Zhenjiang should try out some local delicacies such as “Jianghuai cuisine” or “Yangzhou-style fried rice”.
These dishes are known for their unique flavors that are derived from locally sourced ingredients like freshwater fish from nearby rivers or vegetables grown on nearby farms. In terms of transportation options available within Zhejiang, Visitors can use the city’s extensive public transportation network which includes buses and trains. The city also has a well-developed road infrastructure, Making it easy for visitors to rent cars or hail taxis if they prefer. Overall, Zhenjiang is a fascinating destination that offers visitors a chance to experience China’s rich culture and history while enjoying its modern amenities.
With its beautiful natural landscapes, Historic landmarks, And delicious cuisine, It is no wonder that this city has become an increasingly popular tourist destination in recent years.
- Jinshan Temple
- Danyang-Qinhuai Scenic Area
- Beigu Mountain
- Nanshan Bamboo Forest
- Jiaoshan Scenic Area
- Xijin Ferry
- Maoshan Mountain
- Slender West Lake Park
- Zhenjiang Museum
- Zhongshan Park
- Zhenjiang Shipyard – a shipbuilding company that produces various types of vessels
- Zhenjiang Runzhou Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd – a pharmaceutical firm specializing in traditional Chinese medicine production
- Jiangsu Yulong Steel Pipe Co., Ltd – a steel pipe manufacturing company that produces pipes used for oil and gas transportation
- Jiangsu Sainty Machinery Import and Export Co., Ltd – an engineering machinery manufacturer that produces cranes, excavators, loaders, etc.
- Zhenjiang Huaxin Electric Power Equipment Co., Ltd – specializes in power equipment manufacturing such as transformers and switchgear
- Jiangsu Changbao Steel Tube Co., Ltd – manufactures seamless tubes used in various industries like oil and gas exploration
- Jinko Solar Holding Co., Ltd – one of the world’s largest solar panel manufacturers with headquarters located in Zhenjiang
- Yangzhong Dongxu Chemical Plastic Industry Co., Ltd – produces PVC resin which serves as raw material for plastic products like pipes or window frames
- China National Chemical Corporation – operates within the chemical industry as a state-owned enterprise with operations including petrochemicals production
- Jiangsu Jinzi Environmental Technology – specializes in environmental protection technology
- The Battle of Zhenjiang took place during the Second Opium War, and British and French forces emerged victorious after a fierce fight.
- Jinshan Temple is a well-known Buddhist temple in Zhenjiang that dates back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907).
- Wu Cheng’en was a famous writer and poet born in Zhenjiang in the 16th century, best known for his novel Journey to the West.
- Zhang Daqian was a renowned painter who spent much of his life living and working in Zhenjiang, despite being born in Neijiang, Sichuan Province.
- Xie Bingying was an influential feminist writer from Zhenjiang who wrote her memoir A Woman Soldier’s Own Story: The Autobiography of Xie Bingying.
- The Yangzhou-Zhenjiang Intercity Railway is a high-speed railway line connecting Yangzhou with Zhenjiang that opened on October 28, 2018.
- Jinling University is one of China’s oldest universities founded by American missionaries with its main campus located at Nanjing but has a satellite campus situated at Jiangsu province’s city of Zheijang.
- The Grand Canal is globally recognized as the longest canal or artificial river; it runs through Jiangsu Province from Hangzhou to Beijing passing through cities like Suzhou, Wuxi, Changzhou before reaching its final destination Beijing while passing notable cities like Suzhou,Wuxi,Zheijang among others.
- The Zhonghua Gate stands on the north bank of the lower reaches of Yangtze River as one historical site with ancient architectural features built during Ming Dynasty(1368-1644).
- Jinshan Temple: A Buddhist temple built during the Tang Dynasty, featuring a large statue of Buddha and beautiful gardens.
- Dantu Confucian Temple: A historic Confucian temple dating back to the Song Dynasty, with traditional architecture and cultural exhibits.
- Zhenjiang Museum: A museum showcasing local history and culture, including artifacts from ancient times to modern day.
- Beigu Mountain Scenic Area: A popular hiking spot with stunning views of the city and surrounding mountains.
- Jiaoshan National Forest Park: An expansive park with hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic views of the Yangtze River.
- Xijin Ferry Memorial Hall: A museum dedicated to the history of the Xijin Ferry crossing on the Yangtze River during World War II.
- Slender West Lake Park: A picturesque park with a lake surrounded by pavilions, bridges, and gardens.
- Tianquan Temple Pagoda: An ancient pagoda dating back to 1271 AD that offers panoramic views of Zhenjiang from its top floor.
- Yuntai Mountain Scenic Area: Another popular hiking spot with scenic trails through forests, waterfalls, and caves.
- Jinshan Tower Park: An elevated park offering panoramic views over Zhenjiang’s skyline at night-time when it is beautifully lit up in different colors.
- Zhenjiang is not known for having any significant professional sports teams.
- However, there are some amateur and youth teams in various sports such as:
- Football (soccer)
- Table tennis
- The city has also hosted some regional and national-level competitions in these sports.
- Jinshan Temple Fair is an annual event held in April at the Jinshan Temple, featuring traditional Chinese performances, food and games.
- Zhenjiang International Cherry Blossom Festival takes place every March or April when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom; visitors can enjoy activities such as picnicking, photography contests and cultural performances.
- Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month (usually June) with dragon boat races and cultural activities like eating zongzi and drinking realgar wine.
- Zhenjiang Lantern Festival is held during Chinese New Year (late January to mid-February) with colorful lantern displays throughout the city’s streets, parks and public spaces.
- China International Yangtze River Delta Cultural Tourism Festival showcases local culture from Jiangsu province with traditional music, dance performances, food tastings and handicrafts exhibitions attracting tourists from all over China.
- Lotus Flower Festival takes place every summer at Dantu District’s Lotus Garden Park where visitors can enjoy a range of activities including flower-viewing tours by boat or footpaths through gardens filled with lotus ponds boasting over 100 species of lotus flowers blooming during this time of year.
- Mid-Autumn Mooncake Festival is celebrated on August 15th according to lunar calendar; locals celebrate by eating mooncakes while enjoying family gatherings under full moonlight surrounded by lanterns decorated with riddles or poems written for entertainment purposes.
- Jinshan Restaurant is renowned for its Zhenjiang vinegar dishes, including sweet and sour spare ribs and vinegar duck.
- Wufangzhai is a century-old brand that specializes in making sesame paste and other traditional snacks like glutinous rice balls.
- Huanghelou Restaurant is famous for its braised pork belly, crispy fried fish, and other classic Jiangsu dishes.
- Xijie Noodle Shop is a small noodle shop that serves delicious handmade noodles with various toppings like minced pork or vegetables.
- Qianlongyuan Restaurant offers an extensive menu of seafood dishes including steamed crabs, prawns, and fish cooked in different styles.
- Zhongshan Road Night Market is a popular street food market where visitors can find all kinds of local snacks like grilled skewers, stinky tofu, fried noodles etc.
- Guoqinglou Restaurant is well-known for its Zhenjiang-style hot pot with fresh ingredients such as meat slices, mushrooms and vegetables cooked in a fragrant broth seasoned with Zhenjiang vinegar.
- Dongpo Pork Restaurant takes its name from the famous Song Dynasty poet Su Dongpo who loved pork belly dishes; this restaurant serves excellent Dongpo Pork Braised in Soy Sauce (红烧东坡肉).
- Jinshan Park: A beautiful park that boasts a serene lake, lush gardens, and charming pavilions.
- Beigu Mountain Scenic Area: A picturesque mountain park that offers thrilling hiking trails, stunning waterfalls, and ancient temples.
- Xijin Ferry Park: A delightful riverside park that features fun-filled playgrounds, idyllic picnic areas, and relaxing boat rides.
- Jiaoshan Scenic Area: An enchanting mountain park that provides breathtaking views of the cityscape along with invigorating hiking trails.
- Dantu Wetland Park: A fascinating wetland nature reserve where visitors can enjoy birdwatching and leisurely walks on scenic paths.
- Zhenjiang Museum Garden: An exquisite outdoor garden attached to the Zhenjiang Museum showcasing magnificent sculptures and traditional architecture.
- Nanshan Bamboo Forest Scenic Area: An alluring bamboo forest area offering mesmerizing hiking trails and panoramic views of the cityscape.
- Zhongshan Park: An expansive urban park featuring meandering walking paths, a tranquil lake, charming gardens as well as exciting playgrounds for kids and an amusement park for adults.
- Yangzhong National Forest Park: A spectacular national forest reserve located on Yangzhong Island renowned for its natural beauty with numerous hiking trails to explore wildlife observation opportunities abound here too!