Region: Hsinchu County
Geographic Coordinates: 24.833300, 121.012000
Temperature Range: 18.0°C to 32.0°C (64°F to 90°F)
Climate: Seasonal climate and weather patterns in Zhubei, Taiwan are influenced by the East Asian monsoon, resulting in a warm and humid summer with frequent thunderstorms and a mild winter with occasional rainfall.
Zhubei is a city situated in Hsinchu County, Taiwan. It has rapidly developed into one of the most significant economic centers of Taiwan. The city is renowned for its high-tech industries, Including electronics, Biotechnology, And information technology. Zhubei has also been recognized as one of the top 10 smart cities in Taiwan. The name Zhubei translates to bamboo forest in Chinese, And the city is surrounded by lush greenery and scenic mountains. One of the most popular tourist attractions in Zhubei is the Green World Ecological Farm that showcases a wide variety of plants and animals from around the world.
Visitors can explore different ecosystems such as tropical rainforests or savannas. Another famous attraction in Zhubei is the Hsinchu Science Park that houses many high-tech companies such as TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) and MediaTek. The park covers an area of over 400 hectares and employs more than 150, 000 people. In addition to its thriving economy, Zhubei also offers plenty of cultural experiences for visitors to enjoy. The Hsinchu City God Temple dates back to the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) and features traditional Chinese architecture with intricate carvings and decorations.
For those who love outdoor activities, There are several hiking trails near Zhubei that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. One popular trail is Wufengqi Waterfall Trail which takes hikers through lush forests to a beautiful waterfall. Food lovers will also find plenty to enjoy in Zhubei with its diverse culinary scene featuring both traditional Taiwanese cuisine as well as international options such as Japanese sushi restaurants or Italian pizza places.
Overall, Zhubei offers something for everyone – making it an ideal destination for travelers looking for an exciting mix of culture and innovation on their next trip to Taiwan!
- Hsinchu City God Temple
- Hsinchu Zoo
- Leofoo Village Theme Park
- Green World Ecological Farm
- Neiwan Old Street
- Beipu Cold Spring
- Glass Museum of Hsinchu City
- Jianshanpi Jiangnan Resort & Spa
- Shihmen Reservoir Scenic Area
- The Luce Memorial Chapel
- Technology: The Hsinchu Science Park located in Zhubei houses many technology companies such as TSMC, MediaTek, and Realtek.
- Manufacturing: The city has a robust manufacturing sector with companies producing electronics, machinery parts, and textiles.
- Healthcare: Several hospitals and medical centers can be found in Zhubei including the National Tsing Hua University Hospital.
- Education: National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) is one of Taiwan’s top universities for science and engineering located in Zhubei.
- Retail: There are numerous shopping centers and malls throughout the city including Miramar Shopping Mall and Big City Shopping Mall.
- Tourism: Leofoo Village Theme Park, Green World Ecological Farm, Neiwan Old Street are some of the popular tourist attractions that draw visitors from all over Taiwan to Zhubei.
- The Zhubei Sugar Refinery was established in 1901 and was one of the largest sugar refineries in Taiwan during the Japanese colonial period.
- The Battle of Zhubei occurred on July 9, 1945 between Japanese and American forces during World War II.
- Hsinchu Science Park was constructed in the late 1970s, transforming Zhubei from an agricultural town to a high-tech hub.
- Lin Fengmian, a renowned Chinese painter and art educator who lived in Zhubei during his childhood.
- Lee Teng-hui, former President of Taiwan, had strong ties to Hsinchu County as a whole including Zhubei although he was born and raised nearby Sanzhi.
- Liu Ming-chuan served as governor-general of Taiwan from 1885 to 1891 and oversaw significant modernization efforts on the island including establishing sugar refineries like those found in Zhubei.
- Tsai Ing-wen is the current President of Taiwan since May 2016 who has made several visits to Hsinchu County over the years expressing support for its high-tech industries and cultural heritage sites such as Beipu Old Street near Zhubei.
- Hsinchu City God Temple: A historic temple dedicated to the deity of the city.
- Hsinchu Science Park: A hub for technology and innovation featuring research facilities, high-tech companies, and a science museum.
- National Chiao Tung University: One of Taiwan’s top universities known for its engineering and computer science programs.
- Image Museum of Hsinchu City: An art museum showcasing contemporary photography and digital art.
- Green World Ecological Farm: A family-friendly attraction with gardens, animal exhibits, and outdoor activities like fishing and horseback riding.
- Glass Museum of Hsinchu City: A museum dedicated to glass art and design featuring exhibitions from local artists as well as international collections.
- Leofoo Village Theme Park: An amusement park with rides, shows, and attractions themed around different cultures from around the world.
- Neiwan Old Street: A charming pedestrian street lined with traditional shops selling snacks, souvenirs, and handicrafts.
- Beipu Old Street: Another historic street in a nearby town renowned for its tea culture and traditional architecture.
- Wufeng Lin Family Mansion & Garden: An impressive mansion built by a wealthy merchant family in the 1800s that has been restored into a museum showcasing traditional Chinese architecture and lifestyle during that time period.
- Zhubei is a small city located in Taiwan that does not have any professional sports teams.
- Nevertheless, the city has numerous amateur sports clubs and teams that participate in various local leagues and tournaments.
- Some of the popular sports played in Zhubei include basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, and badminton.
- These teams generally comprise local residents who share a passion for their respective sport and compete against other amateur teams from neighboring cities.
- Although these teams may not have any notable histories, they play an essential role in promoting community spirit and healthy competition among locals.
- Hsinchu City Park
- Zhubei Riverside Park
- Shangyuan Sports Park
- Guangming Park
- Sunflower Garden Ecological Farm
- Lai Chi Shan Forest Recreation Area
- Green World Ecological Farm
- Shuiwei River Bike Trail
- Hsinchu County Stadium and Sports Center
- Chunan Botanical Garden