Geographic Coordinates: 29.716900, 120.231000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Climate: Zhuji has a subtropical monsoon climate with four distinct seasons. Summers are hot and humid, while winters are cold and dry.
Zhuji, Located in the Zhejiang province of China, Is a city with a rich history and culture. It is known for its beautiful scenery, Traditional architecture, And local cuisine. The city has a population of over one million people and covers an area of 1, 504 square kilometers. One of the most famous attractions in Zhuji is the Xishi Hometown Scenic Area. This area is named after Xishi, One of the Four Beauties of ancient China who was born in Zhuji.
The scenic area features natural landscapes such as mountains and waterfalls as well as cultural sites like temples and museums. Another popular attraction in Zhuji is the Wuxie Scenic Area which includes five scenic spots: Yudong Cave, Yufeng Mountain, Wuxie Waterfall, Taoyuan Cave, And Shiliang Waterfall. Visitors can hike through the lush forests to reach these spots or take a cable car to enjoy stunning views from above. Zhuji also has many historical sites that offer insight into its rich cultural heritage.
One such site is the Xi Shi Palace which was built in honor of Xishi during the Song Dynasty (960-1279). The palace features traditional Chinese architecture with intricate carvings and colorful paintings. In addition to its natural beauty and historical sites, Zhuji also boasts delicious local cuisine. One must-try dish is called Xishi Tofu made with fresh tofu mixed with shrimp paste served hot or cold. Another popular dish is Shaoxing Wine Chicken made by marinating chicken in Shaoxing wine for several hours before cooking it to perfection.
Overall, Zhuji offers visitors an unforgettable experience filled with natural beauty, Cultural heritage, And delicious food options all while being located just two hours away from Shanghai, Making it easily accessible for tourists looking for an escape from bustling city life but still want access to modern amenities like shopping, Dining, And more.
- Xishi’s Hometown Scenic Area: a park dedicated to the famous ancient Chinese beauty, Xishi.
- Wuxie Scenic Area: a scenic area with waterfalls, mountains, and caves.
- Puyang Ancient Town: an ancient town with well-preserved architecture and traditional culture.
- Yanzhou Bamboo Sea Scenic Area: a scenic area with bamboo forests and tea plantations.
- West Lake Wetland Park: a wetland park with walking trails and birdwatching opportunities.
- Zhuji Pearl Market: a market specializing in freshwater pearls, which is a local specialty of Zhuji.
- Shaoxing Wine Culture Museum: a museum dedicated to the history and culture of Shaoxing wine, which is a famous local alcoholic beverage.
- Mausoleum of Yu the Great: the tomb of Yu the Great, who is said to have tamed floods that plagued ancient China; he is also considered as legendary figure in Chinese mythology
- Jingying Golf Club – An 18-hole golf course located in scenic mountainous areas outside Zhuji city center
- Zhongguan Village Ancient Architecture Complex – This old village has preserved many houses from Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) to Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), including some well-preserved ancestral halls, temples, pavilions and archways that showcase traditional Chinese architecture styles in southern Zhejiang Province
- Zhuji is a city renowned for its textile and garment industries, with a particular emphasis on the manufacturing of socks and stockings.
- The region also boasts major sectors in machinery manufacturing, electronics, chemicals, and food processing.
- Furthermore, due to its historical sites and natural beauty, Zhuji has established a thriving tourism industry.
- Several large-scale enterprises such as Hengyi Group and Zhejiang Yinlun Machinery Co., Ltd., are based in the city.
- The birthplace of Xishi, one of the Four Beauties of ancient China, during the Spring and Autumn period (771-476 BC).
- The hometown of Liangzhu Culture, an ancient civilization known for its unique jade artifacts that existed in the Yangtze River Delta region around 3300-2300 BC.
- The site of a major battle between Taiping rebels and Qing government forces during the Taiping Rebellion in 1855.
- The birthplace of Shen Congwen, a famous writer known for his vivid descriptions of rural life in China born in Zhuji in 1902.
- A center for silk production since ancient times and still an important producer today.
- A key location on the Grand Canal making it an important transportation hub throughout Chinese history.
- A site for revolutionary activities during the early 20th century as part of efforts to overthrow imperial rule and establish a new government in China.
- Home to several famous tea varieties including Longjing (Dragon Well) tea and Huangshan Maofeng tea grown nearby or within Zhuji.
- The birthplace Sun Yat-sen’s wife Soong Ching-ling who served as first lady when her husband became president after overthrowing imperial rule.
- Xishi’s Hometown Scenic Area is a cultural and historical attraction that celebrates the life of Xishi, one of China’s Four Beauties.
- Zhuji Museum is dedicated to the history and culture of Zhuji, featuring exhibits on local art, industry, and folklore.
- Wuxie Scenic Area is a natural scenic area known for its beautiful landscapes and ancient architecture.
- The Ancient City Wall surrounds the city center of Zhuji, offering a glimpse into the city’s rich history.
- Yanzhou Park is a peaceful park with beautiful gardens, lakes, and pavilions that offer a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Duanqiao Scenic Area features stunning waterfalls, caves, and rock formations.
- Shaoxing Opera Museum is dedicated to Shaoxing opera – a traditional form of Chinese theater – featuring exhibits on its history and costumes.
- Jiyang Lake Wetland Park is a wetland park with diverse flora and fauna where visitors can enjoy hiking trails or take boat rides on the lake.
- Fangshan Mountain National Forest Park offers breathtaking scenery including mountains, valleys, rivers & waterfalls perfect for hiking or camping trips.
- Wu Xie Ancient Town is famous for its old architecture which dates back to Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). It is also known as The Land Of Silk.
- Zhuji Xishi Cultural Festival celebrates the life and legend of Xishi, a famous beauty from ancient China. The festival features performances, parades, and cultural activities.
- Lantern Festival is celebrated on the 15th day of the first lunar month in Zhuji with lantern displays, dragon dances, and other festive activities.
- Plum Blossom Festival is held annually in February or March to celebrate the blooming of plum blossoms in scenic areas around Zhuji.
- International Silk Expo showcases the latest trends and technologies in silk production and processing every year.
- Qiantang River Tidal Bore Watching Festival takes place every September or October where visitors can witness an impressive tidal bore on Qiantang River near Zhuji.
- Cherry Blossom Festival is held each year in March or April at various locations throughout Zhuji to celebrate cherry blossom blooming.
- Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated every year on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month with traditional activities including dragon boat races.
- Mid-Autumn Festival falls around September-October each year depending upon Lunar calendar which includes mooncakes (traditional Chinese pastries) and lantern displays to celebrate family reunions during this holiday season.
- Zhuji Roast Duck is a local specialty that can be found at many restaurants throughout the city.
- Shaoxing Wine Chicken is another popular local dish that features chicken cooked with Shaoxing wine, ginger, and other seasonings to create a delicious flavor.
- Bamboo Shoots with Ham is a savory and satisfying meal that features tender bamboo shoots cooked with ham.
- Wufangzhai Restaurant is known for its traditional Chinese cuisine and offers an extensive menu of dishes made from fresh ingredients.
- Xishi Restaurant serves up classic Chinese dishes like dumplings and stir-fried noodles and is named after the legendary beauty Xishi.
- Nanxun Old Street Snacks, located in nearby Nanxun Old Street, offers street food vendors selling everything from steamed buns to fried rice cakes.
- Dongpo Pork, a famous Hangzhou-style dish, can be found at many restaurants in Zhuji and features succulent chunks of pork belly braised in soy sauce and spices.