Region: Hubei province
Geographic Coordinates: 31.257500, 113.678000
Temperature Range: -5.0°C to 35.0°C (23°F to 95°F)
Climate: Anlu, China has a subtropical monsoon climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The rainy season is from April to September, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in June and July.
Anlu is a county-level city located in the eastern part of Hubei province, China. Situated on the banks of the Han River, Which flows through the city from north to south, Anlu has a long history dating back to the Shang Dynasty (1600-1046 BC) and was an important center of commerce and culture during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD). Today, Anlu is known for its rich cultural heritage, Beautiful natural scenery, And vibrant economy. One of Anlu’s most significant historical sites is Guan Yu Temple.
This temple was built in honor of Guan Yu, A famous general who lived during the Three Kingdoms period (220-280 AD). The temple complex consists of several buildings arranged around a central courtyard. Another popular attraction in Anlu is Xianling Mountain Scenic Area. This area covers over 100 square kilometers and includes several peaks that offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Visitors can hike along well-maintained trails that wind through lush forests and past crystal-clear streams. In addition to its cultural attractions, Anlu also boasts a thriving economy based on agriculture and industry.
The city’s fertile soil makes it ideal for growing crops such as rice, Wheat, Corn soybeans peanuts vegetablesand fruits like watermelon . In recent years, The government has made efforts to modernize local industries such as machinery manufacturing chemical productionand electronic information technologywhich have brought new opportunities for local residents. Anlu’s location on major transportation routes also makes it an important hub for logistics services. The city is served by several highways including Beijing-Hong Kong-Macau Expressway and Wuhan-Yichang Expressway. The Han River also provides a convenient waterway for shipping goods to other parts of China.
As a result , Anlu has become an important center for warehousing, Distribution, And transportation services. , Anlu is home to friendly people who are proud of their city’s rich history and promising future. Visitors can sample local cuisine such as spicy fish hot pot rice noodles with braised beefand roasted goose . They can also experience traditional festivals such as the Lantern Festival Dragon Boat Festivaland Mid-Autumn Festival . Overall, Anlu offers visitors a unique blend of historical significance and modern vitality that makes it worth exploring.
- Anlu, China is a predominantly agricultural city with its main focus on cultivating crops such as:
- The city also boasts several industries including:
- Food processing
- Machinery manufacturing
- Chemical production
- Some of the major businesses in Anlu include:
- Anlu Foodstuff Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Xingfa Chemicals Group Co., Ltd.
- Anlu Huayi Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Battle of Changban (208 AD) was fought between Liu Bei’s forces and Cao Cao’s army during the Three Kingdoms period. Liu Bei’s wife, Lady Gan, gave birth to their son during this battle.
- Xie Jinyuan (1884-1928) was a revolutionary martyr who fought against the Qing Dynasty and later joined Sun Yat-sen’s revolution to overthrow imperial rule in China.
- Chen Yi (1901-1972) was a prominent Chinese Communist Party leader who served as mayor of Shanghai and governor of Guangdong Province before becoming China’s foreign minister from 1958 to 1972.
- Anlu Uprising (1911) was an armed rebellion against the Qing Dynasty that took place in Anlu County on November 12, 1911.
- Li Shizeng (1881-1973) was a Chinese diplomat, educator, and writer who played an important role in promoting cultural exchange between China and other countries during the early 20th century.
- Wuhan Incident (1927) was an unsuccessful attempt by left-wing elements within the Kuomintang to establish a separate government in Wuhan under Soviet influence.
- Zhang Guotao (1897-1979) was one of the founding members of the Chinese Communist Party who later broke away from Mao Zedong’s leadership to form his own faction known as the Left Opposition.
- Yan’an Rectification Movement(1942-1945): The Yan’an Rectification Movement aimed at purging perceived rightist elements within Communist Party ranks while establishing Mao Zedong’s undisputed leadership.
- Wuhan University is one of China’s renowned universities, located in Wuhan, Hubei Province. It has a long history dating back to 1893 and has produced many notable scholars and intellectuals.
- Yangtze River Floods (1998) were among the worst floods in Chinese history, causing widespread devastation and loss of life in Anlu and other regions along the river.
- Guan Yu Temple: A historical temple dedicated to the Chinese general Guan Yu.
- Anlu Museum: A local museum showcasing the history and culture of Anlu.
- Yunmengshan National Forest Park: A scenic park with hiking trails and waterfalls.
- Hubei Provincial Museum: One of the largest museums in China featuring artifacts from Hubei Province.
- Wudang Mountains: A UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its Taoist temples and martial arts.
- Yellow Crane Tower: A historic tower with panoramic views of Wuhan city.
- East Lake Scenic Area: A large park with a lake, gardens, and cultural attractions.
- Wuhan Yangtze River Bridge: The first bridge over the Yangtze River in China, offering stunning views of the river and surrounding area.
- Baotong Temple Pagoda Forest: An ancient forest filled with pagodas dating back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD).
- Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park: A scenic park known for its natural wonders such as Tianmen Cave (Heaven’s Gate), Glass Skywalk and Cableway Ride through towering cliffs above deep valleys below.
- Anlu Peach Blossom Festival: This festival takes place in March every year when the peach trees bloom. The festival features peach blossom viewing, local food tasting, and cultural performances.
- Dragon Boat Festival: Celebrated in June every year to honor the memory of Qu Yuan – a famous poet from ancient China; this festival includes dragon boat races, traditional food like zongzi (sticky rice dumplings), and other cultural activities.
- Mid-Autumn Festival: Celebrated between September or October each year during the fullest and brightest moon phase; this festival includes mooncake eating, lantern displays, and other traditional activities.
- Spring Festival: Also known as Chinese New Year’s Day or Lunar New Year’s Day; this festival falls on a different date each year between January 21st – February 20th according to the lunar calendar; it marks the start of a new lunar year with various traditions such as fireworks displays，family reunions，and red envelope exchanges.
- Tomb Sweeping Day: This day usually falls on April 4th or 5th each year where people visit their ancestors’ gravesites to offer sacrifices for their deceased loved ones by burning incense sticks，offering flowers，and cleaning up graveyards etc.
- Anlu Spicy Chicken – a signature dish made with locally grown chili peppers and chicken.
- Braised Fish in Sour Soup – a traditional dish prepared with fresh fish, pickled vegetables, and sour soup.
- Rice Noodles with Fried Pork – a simple yet delicious dish made with rice noodles and stir-fried pork.
- Steamed Dumplings – a classic Chinese dish filled with savory meat or vegetable fillings.
- Lao Wang Spicy Chicken Restaurant
- Xiangxiang Sour Soup Fish Restaurant
- Huiquan Rice Noodle Restaurant
- Jiajia Dumpling House
- Anlu People’s Park is a vast park that boasts walking paths, gardens, and a lake perfect for boating.
- Yangtze River Wetland Park is a nature reserve that features wetlands and birdwatching opportunities.
- The Anlu Sports Center provides basketball courts, soccer fields, and other sports facilities.
- Huangpi Mountain Scenic Area is a mountain park with hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic views.
- Anlu Cultural Square is an open space designed for public gatherings and events.
- Qinglong Lake Scenic Area offers an ideal location for picnicking or fishing.
- Hongshan National Forest Park is a forested park offering hiking trails along the mountainside.
- Gucheng Ancient Town preserves ancient architecture from the Ming Dynasty in this historic town.
- Nanhu Ecological Park showcases beautiful flowers during the spring season in this scenic park.
- Huanggang Hot Springs Resort provides natural hot springs to relax in after exploring all of these parks!
Some of the famous restaurants in Anlu where you can try these dishes are: