Bình Long, Vietnam
Region: Bình Phước
Geographic Coordinates: 11.652700, 106.609000
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 35.0°C (68°F to 95°F)
Climate: Tropical monsoon climate with wet and dry seasons.
Bình Long is a district located in the southern province of Bình Phước, Vietnam. It shares a border with Cambodia and has a fascinating history that dates back to the Khmer Empire. The area was once home to several ancient temples and ruins, Which are now popular tourist attractions. One of the most famous sites in Bình Long is Ba Den Mountain, Also known as Black Lady Mountain. This mountain is considered sacred by many Vietnamese people and has several temples and shrines at its peak.
Visitors can reach the top by taking a cable car or hiking up to enjoy stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Another attraction worth visiting in Bình Long is Buu Long Pagoda, Built during the 17th century. The pagoda features intricate carvings and colorful murals that depict Buddhist teachings. Apart from cultural attractions, Bình Long boasts natural beauty as well. The district has numerous waterfalls such as Dambri Waterfall that cascade over 70 meters into a beautiful pool below. Visitors can swim in these refreshing waters or take scenic hikes through lush forests to reach them.
Binh Long’s history related to Vietnam War also attracts visitors; it served as an important military base for both American and South Vietnamese forces due to its strategic location near Cambodia’s border. Today visitors can see remnants of this conflict at various sites around Binh Long such as abandoned bunkers or war memorials. local cuisine offers unique dishes like banh trang nuong (grilled rice paper) or bun dau mam tom (vermicelli noodles with fermented shrimp paste). Local markets sell fresh fruits like durians along with other tropical fruits such as mangosteen or rambutan.
Overall, Binh Long offers visitors an opportunity to explore Vietnam’s rich culture while enjoying breathtaking natural scenery along with glimpses into the country’s tumultuous past.
Famous Landmarks in Bình Long, Vietnam
There are not many famous landmarks or tourist attractions in Bình Long, Vietnam, according to research. Bình Long is a small town located in the province of Bình Phước that is known for its agricultural products such as rubber and cashew nuts. However, there are some places that might interest tourists including:
Buu Long Pagoda
A beautiful Buddhist temple with a large statue of Buddha.
Dong Xoai Market
A bustling local market where you can find fresh produce and traditional Vietnamese goods.
Hoa Lu Border Gate
A historical site that marks the border between Vietnam and Cambodia.
Ba Ra Mountain
A scenic mountain range with hiking trails and waterfalls.
Minh Dam Revolutionary Base Area
An important historical site where the Viet Cong fought against American forces during the Vietnam War.
Overall, while Bình Long may not be considered as a major tourist destination, it can be an interesting stop for those interested in history or seeking off-the-beaten-path experiences in Vietnam.
- Agriculture: Bình Long is renowned for its rice cultivation, as well as other crops such as corn, cassava, and peanuts.
- Livestock: The town has a thriving livestock industry with many farmers raising pigs and chickens.
- Handicrafts: Bình Long has a rich tradition of producing hand-woven textiles and pottery.
- Tourism: Although not yet a significant industry, tourism in Bình Long is growing due to its natural beauty and cultural heritage.
- Small businesses: Numerous small shops and businesses in Bình Long offer an array of goods ranging from food to clothing to household items.
- Bình Long War: The province of Bình Long was the site of a significant battle during the Vietnam War, known as the Bình Long Campaign. This battle occurred from January to April 1975 and led to a decisive victory for North Vietnamese forces.
- Nguyễn Hữu Thọ: Nguyễn Hữu Thọ was a notable politician and revolutionary who played an essential role in the Vietnam War and later served as President of Vietnam from 1980 to 1981. He was born in Bình Long province.
- Lê Văn Duyệt: Lê Văn Duyệt was a renowned general who served under both French colonial rule and later under Emperor Gia Long during the Nguyen dynasty. He is famous for his successful military campaigns against local rebellions and foreign invaders.
- Trần Quốc Tuấn: Trần Quốc Tuấn, also known as Tran Hung Dao, was an acclaimed general who led Vietnamese forces to triumph against Mongol invaders in the 13th century. He is regarded as one of Vietnam’s greatest military heroes.
- Cao Văn Viên: Cao Văn Viên was a South Vietnamese general who served as Chief of Staff of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN) during much of the Vietnam War. He later became Prime Minister under President Nguyen Van Thieu before retiring from politics in 1975.
- Mạc Đăng Dung: Mạc Đăng Dung was an eminent scholar and poet who lived during the late Le dynasty (15th-18th centuries). His works are still widely read today, and he is considered one of Vietnam’s most important literary figures.
- Thi Sách Bridge: Thi Sách Bridge is an iconic landmark located on Highway 13 that crosses the Bé River in Bình Long province. It was the site of a significant battle during the Vietnam War and is now a popular tourist attraction.
- Bình Long Victory Monument: This monument celebrates the victory of the Vietnamese army over the Khmer Rouge forces in 1979.
- Đồi Cát Tường Ecotourism Area: This natural area boasts sand dunes and a lake, offering outdoor activities like camping and hiking.
- Bảo Lộc Tea Plantation: Visitors can tour this tea plantation and learn about how tea is grown and harvested.
- Lâm Đồng Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of Lâm Đồng Province, where Bình Long is located.
- Mã Đà Valley: This scenic valley features waterfalls, caves, and hiking trails.
- Trúc Lâm Zen Monastery: This Buddhist monastery provides stunning views of the surrounding mountains for meditation or reflection.
- Chợ Phước Hòa Market: This bustling market offers a wide variety of local goods like fresh produce, seafood, clothing, and souvenirs.
- Dambri Waterfall: One of Vietnam’s largest waterfalls with stunning views from above or below it as well as zip-lining through it for an adventurous experience!
- Bánh xèo – a crispy pancake filled with pork, shrimp, and bean sprouts.
- Bún bò Huế – spicy beef noodle soup originated from Hue.
- Cơm tấm – broken rice served with grilled pork chops and vegetables.
- Phở – traditional Vietnamese noodle soup with beef or chicken broth.
- Quán ăn Ngon – a popular restaurant serving various Vietnamese dishes such as grilled meats, spring rolls, and seafood hotpot.
- Nhà hàng Hương Việt – a restaurant specializing in Hue-style cuisine such as bún bò Huế and nem lụi (grilled pork skewers).
- Quán cơm gà Thanh Mai – known for their delicious chicken rice dish (cơm gà) served with flavorful broth and chili sauce on the side.
- Bình Long Park is a well-known public park in the city that boasts stunning landscaping and scenic walking trails.
- Bình Long Stadium is a massive sports complex that hosts various sporting events and activities, including football matches, athletics competitions, and more.
- Thác Dơi Waterfall is a breathtaking waterfall located just outside of Bình Long that serves as a popular spot for hiking and picnicking.
- Đồi Chè Tea Plantation offers visitors the chance to learn about tea production in Vietnam while taking in panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Cầu Đất Ecotourism Area is a nature reserve with hiking trails through lush forests, streams, opportunities for birdwatching, and wildlife spotting.
- Trường Sơn Martyrs Cemetery is an important site commemorating those who lost their lives during the Vietnam War.
- Vườn Quốc Gia Nam Cát Tiên National Park may not be located directly in Bình Long but it’s just a short drive away from this national park which offers visitors the chance to explore some of Vietnam’s most pristine wilderness areas through hiking, camping or bike tours while enjoying birdwatching tours too!