Gadda Madiral, India
Geographic Coordinates: 18.751900, 79.513300
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 35.0°C (50°F to 95°F)
Gadda Madiral is a charming village located in the Balrampur district of Uttar Pradesh, India. The village is situated on the banks of the Rapti river and is surrounded by picturesque green fields. The name Gadda Madiral comes from two words: Gadda which means mattress and Madiral which means liquor, Indicating the village’s fascinating history. The villagers primarily engage in agriculture and animal husbandry, Cultivating wheat, Rice, Sugarcane, And mustard while raising cows, Buffaloes, Goats, And sheep. The people here lead a traditional way of life that revolves around age-old customs and traditions.
One of the unique features of Gadda Madiral is its traditional way of making mattresses using natural materials like cotton or jute fibers stuffed into handmade cloth covers. These mattresses are renowned for their comfortability and durability. Another interesting aspect of this village is its famous local drink called Mahua. This alcoholic beverage is made from the flowers of Mahua trees that grow abundantly in this region during summers. It’s a popular drink among locals and visitors alike. Apart from agriculture and animal husbandry, Tourism also plays an important role in Gadda Madiral’s economy.
There are several tourist attractions nearby such as Hanuman Mandir or Kali Mandir temples where devotees come to offer prayers throughout the year, Giving visitors a glimpse into this region’s rich cultural heritage. The nearest town to Gadda Madiral is Tulsipur which offers various amenities like hospitals, Malls for shopping essentials etc., Making it easier for people living here to access basic facilities easily. In conclusion, Gadda Madiral may be small but it offers many unique experiences for visitors who want to explore rural India’s culture while enjoying nature’s beauty at its best!
- Upon conducting a search, I could not find any information or results related to the place name Gadda Madiral in India.
- It is possible that the name may be spelled differently or it may not be a well-known tourist destination.
- Gadda Madiral is situated in the Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh, India.
- The area has been under the rule of various dynasties throughout history such as Mauryas, Guptas, Mughals and British.
- During the Indian Rebellion of 1857 (also known as the Sepoy Mutiny), Saharanpur played a significant role in resisting British rule.
- Some notable personalities from Saharanpur include former Prime Minister Charan Singh and freedom fighter Chaudhary Fateh Singh.
- The region is famous for its production of sugar cane and jaggery (unrefined sugar).
- Shri Durga Mandir is a famous temple located in Gadda Madiral which attracts many devotees during Navratri festival.
- The village celebrates various festivals like Holi, Diwali and Eid-ul-Fitr with great enthusiasm while maintaining communal harmony.
- In recent years, there has been growing concern about environmental degradation due to excessive use of chemical fertilizers in agriculture in the region.
- Efforts are being made to promote organic farming practices among farmers to address these concerns and ensure sustainable development in the area.
- The village has also witnessed several social reforms such as eradication of untouchability through education awareness programs by NGOs working on social issues like education & healthcare for underprivileged children & women empowerment etcetera.
- Shri Krishna Janmasthan Temple
- Dwarkadhish Temple
- Mathura Museum
- Kusum Sarovar
- Govardhan Hill
- Radha Kund
- Vishram Ghat
- Kans Qila
- Jama Masjid
- Birla Mandir
- Diwali – Festival of Lights
- Holi – Festival of Colors
- Dussehra – Victory of Good over Evil
- Eid al-Fitr – End of Ramadan
- Christmas – Birth of Jesus Christ
- Ganesh Chaturthi – Birthday of Lord Ganesha
- Navratri/Durga Puja- Worshiping Goddess Durga
- Raksha Bandhan- Celebration between brothers and sisters
- Onam-Kerala’s Harvest Festival