Geographic Coordinates: 13.065900, 77.592200
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 35.0°C (68°F to 95°F)
Byatarayanapura is a serene locality in the northern part of Bangalore, India. It is situated between Yelahanka and Hebbal and is known for its peaceful ambiance and greenery. The area has experienced significant development over the past few years, With many residential complexes being built to accommodate the growing population. One of the primary advantages of Byatarayanapura is its proximity to Kempegowda International Airport, Which can be reached in just 20 minutes by car. This makes it an ideal location for frequent travelers or those who work in the airport area.
Additionally, Byatarayanapura has easy access to major highways such as NH-44 and NH-75. The locality also boasts several prestigious educational institutions like Ryan International School, Vidyashilp Academy, Canadian International School among others that offer world-class education facilities catering to children from all walks of life. For those seeking recreational activities in Byatarayanapura can visit Lumbini Gardens – a popular tourist destination located on Nagawara Lake’s banks. It offers boating facilities along with other fun-filled activities like rock climbing walls and trampoline jumping areas.
Byatarayanapura also has a vibrant local market where one can find fresh produce like vegetables and fruits at affordable prices. There are numerous shops selling clothing items like traditional sarees or modern western wear too. Overall Byatarayanapura offers an excellent quality of life with its mix of urban amenities alongside natural beauty that gives residents a perfect blend of tranquility and convenience making it an attractive place to live in Bangalore city!
- Byatarayanapura has a rich history and is associated with several notable historical events and people.
- During the 16th century, it was a part of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- Later on, during the British colonial period, it became a small village under Bangalore Rural District.
- Several famous personalities hail from Byatarayanapura.
- Ravi Varma, a renowned Kannada actor, was born in this area.
- K. Gopala Gowda, former Chief Justice of India and former judge of the Supreme Court of India also comes from this region.
- M. Krishnappa is another notable personality who has been elected to Karnataka Legislative Assembly multiple times from Byatarayanapura constituency.
- ISKCON Sri Radha Krishna Temple
- Bangalore Palace
- Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
- Cubbon Park
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden
- National Gallery of Modern Art Bengaluru
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace
- St Mary’s Basilica
- Bangalore Fort
- Ugadi: This new year festival is celebrated by people in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh in March or April.
- Dasara: A 10-day festival celebrating good over evil, it’s celebrated with great fervor in October.
- Karaga: The Tigala community celebrates this unique festival in honor of goddess Draupadi.
- Kadlekai Parishe: This annual fair takes place at Bull Temple Road and celebrates the peanut harvest season.
- Bangalore Habba: A week-long cultural extravaganza showcasing various art forms such as music, dance, theater, and visual arts.
- Bengaluru International Film Festival (BIFFes): BIFFes is an annual film festival that showcases films from across the world.
- Namma Bengaluru Habba: A two-day event bringing together music concerts, food stalls, street performances showcasing local talent.
- Varamahalakshmi Vrata: It’s a Hindu festival dedicated to goddess Lakshmi which falls on Shravana month according to Hindu calendar.
- Shivaji Military Hotel – Known for its delicious non-vegetarian dishes like mutton biryani and chicken fry.
- Sree Krishna Upahara – Famous for its South Indian breakfast items like idli, vada, dosa, and pongal.
- Sri Manjunatha Gowda Donne Biryani Center – Specializes in flavorful biryanis made with traditional spices.
- Chikkanna Tiffin Room – Offers a variety of vegetarian breakfast dishes such as masala dosa and poori sagu.
- Namma Mane Restaurant – Serves authentic Karnataka-style meals including rice with sambar, rasam, curries and chutneys.
- Shri Vasavi Condiments & Catering Services – Provides homemade pickles and condiments that are a favorite among locals.
- Sri Raghavendra Swamy Tiffin Center – Popular for its crispy medu vada served with coconut chutney.
- New Andhra Style Mess & Tiffin Centre – Offers spicy Andhra-style food such as chicken fry and biryani along with other South Indian delicacies like dosa,idli etc..
- Bhuvaneshwari Nagar Park
- BBMP Park
- Venkateshwara Layout Park
- Raghavendra Layout Park
- Chunchaghatta Lake Park
Visitors can engage in various recreational activities such as jogging, walking, cycling or playing sports like cricket and football in these parks located in Byatarayanpur. Additionally, there might be local clubs or organizations that offer other leisure opportunities such as yoga classes or dance lessons.