Region: Chishui City
Geographic Coordinates: 28.590200, 105.695000
Temperature Range: -5.0°C to 30.0°C (23°F to 86°F)
Chishui is a breathtaking city located in the northwestern part of Guizhou Province, China. It sits on the banks of the Chishui River, Which has been designated as one of China’s most important ecological conservation areas. The city covers an area of around 4, 800 square kilometers and has a population of approximately 1 million people. Chishui is renowned for its stunning natural scenery that includes mountains, Waterfalls, Rivers, And forests that are all easily accessible from the city center.
Some popular tourist sites include Huangguoshu Waterfall National Park which features one of Asia’s largest waterfalls; Zangke River Canyon Scenic Area with its awe-inspiring views; and Hongfeng Lake Scenic Area where visitors can enjoy boating and fishing. Apart from its natural beauty, Chishui also boasts a rich cultural heritage that dates back thousands of years. The city was once an important stop on the ancient Silk Road trade route between China and Central Asia. it has many historic sites such as Wuxiang Temple built during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD), And Baoding Mountain with numerous Buddhist statues carved into cliffs.
In recent times Chishui has gained recognition for its eco-friendly approach to sustainable development. In 2016 it was named as one of China’s first ecological civilization demonstration zones due to its efforts to promote green energy production methods like hydropower generation from local rivers; organic farming practices that minimize pesticide use while maximizing crop yields; reforestation projects aimed at restoring degraded land areas back into healthy forests again.
Chishui also provides visitors with an opportunity to experience traditional Chinese culture through various festivals held throughout the year such as Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) celebrations featuring dragon dances and fireworks displays; Lantern Festival where visitors can enjoy colorful lantern displays; Mid-Autumn Festival celebrated with mooncakes and other traditional foods. Overall, Chishui is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in exploring the natural beauty of this region, Learning about its rich cultural heritage or experiencing innovative approaches to sustainable development, There’s plenty to see and do here.
So why not plan your next trip to Chishui today?
- Chishui Danxia National Geological Park is renowned for its exceptional red sandstone formations that resemble towering pillars and peaks.
- Shizhangdong Waterfall is a picturesque waterfall that tumbles down from a 150-meter height into a deep pool below.
- Hongjiang Ancient Commercial Town, with over 600 years of history, boasts well-preserved ancient architecture, traditional crafts, and local delicacies.
- Chishui Bamboo Sea Scenic Area features vast bamboo forests, natural hot springs, and scenic hiking trails.
- Guifeng Mountain Scenic Area offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape and houses several ancient temples and shrines.
- Wanshou Palace was constructed during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and holds numerous cultural relics such as statues, paintings, calligraphy works, and ceramics.
- The Leshan Giant Buddha Statue located in nearby Leshan City stands at an impressive 71 meters tall making it the largest stone-carved Buddha statue globally.
- Chishui is a county-level city situated in the northwest of Guizhou Province, China.
- The city has several major industries and businesses, including:
- Service industry
- E-commerce & logistics
- Chishui Danxia National Geological Park
- Huangguoshu Waterfall Scenic Area
- Zuoqi Black Miao Village
- Iron ore
- Lead-zinc ore
- Copper ore
- Machinery manufacturing
- Electronics manufacturing
- Chemical production
- The Long March passed through Chishui, an important location during the military retreat undertaken by the Red Army of the Communist Party of China in 1934-35. They crossed the Chishui River during their journey.
- Zhang Guotao, one of the founders of the Chinese Communist Party and a revolutionary leader, led his forces through Chishui during the Long March.
- Li Jingquan played a significant role in organizing guerrilla warfare against Japanese invaders during World War II and served as mayor of Chishui from 1950 to 1966.
- During Mao Zedong’s Anti-Rightist Campaign in 1957, several people from Chishui were among those persecuted for their perceived political views or affiliations with Western ideologies.
- In recent years, Chishui has gained attention for its successful poverty alleviation program that has lifted thousands out of poverty through sustainable development initiatives such as eco-tourism and organic farming.
- Huang Yongyu is a famous painter, calligrapher, and writer born in Chishui in 1924.
- Deng Xiaoping made his famous Southern Tour to promote economic reform and opening up across China after several years of economic stagnation under Mao Zedong’s policies; one stop on his tour was near Chishui in Guiyang City.
- Wang Yangming (1472-1529), a prominent philosopher who developed his own school of Neo-Confucianism emphasizing moral action and self-cultivation was born in Yuyao but spent much time later life in Chishui where he died.
- Chishui Danxia National Geological Park
- Red Army Long March Memorial Museum
- Xiangxiyuan Scenic Area
- Chishui Yangming Cave Scenic Spot
- Chishui Forest Hot Spring Resort
- Zuoquan Temple Scenic Area
- Shizhangdong Waterfall Scenic Area
- Zhuhai Grand Canyon Scenic Spot
- Tianxingqiao Scenic Area
- The Ancient Town of Tuojiang in Fenghuang County
- China has a rich sports history with the government investing heavily in promoting health and fitness through sports. The country has produced many world-class athletes who have excelled in various international competitions.
- Football (soccer) is gaining popularity among the Chinese people, with the Chinese Super League (CSL) being the top professional football league featuring 16 teams from across China. There are no known professional football teams based specifically in Chishui, but local amateur clubs may exist.
- Basketball is also popular in China, with the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) being the top professional league for men’s basketball. There are no known CBA teams based specifically in Chishui.
- Other popular sports include table tennis, badminton, volleyball and gymnastics – all of which have seen significant success at both national and international levels.
- Overall, it is possible that local amateur clubs or youth programs exist within Chishui’s community despite not having any notable or well-known professional sports teams based there currently.
- Chishui Danxia Scenic Area Cultural Festival
- Chishui International Tea Culture Festival
- Chishui National Forest Park Summer Music Festival
- Jinhua Mountain Folk Culture and Art Festival
- Chishui River Rafting Cultural Tourism Festival
- Dragon Boat Race on the Tuojiang River
- Miao Ethnic Minority Torch Festival
- Lusheng Dance Performance during Spring Lantern Festival
- Chinese New Year Celebrations with traditional lion and dragon dances
- Qiang Ethnic Minority Torchlight Dance Performance during the Mid-Autumn festival
- Chishui River Fish: This dish is made with fresh fish caught from the Chishui River and cooked in a variety of ways, including steamed, fried, or braised.
- Bamboo Shoots: Chishui is known for its high-quality bamboo shoots, which are often used in stir-fries and soups.
- Guizhou Spicy Chicken: This dish features tender chicken pieces that are marinated in a spicy sauce and then stir-fried with vegetables.
- Mianpi (Rice Noodles): These thin rice noodles are a staple food in Guizhou province and can be served either hot or cold with various toppings.
As for restaurants, some popular options include:
- Shengshi Restaurant: This restaurant specializes in local cuisine such as river fish and bamboo shoots.
- Laojia Restaurant: Known for its delicious Guizhou spicy chicken and other regional dishes.
- Yijie Restaurant: A popular spot for mianpi (rice noodles) served with various toppings like shredded pork or mushrooms.
- Xiangyunlou Restaurant: Serves traditional Chinese dishes as well as local specialties like river snails cooked with chili peppers.
- Chishui National Scenic Area
- Chishui Danxia Landform Geological Park
- Longtan Forest Park
- Xuefengshan National Forest Park
- Nanxi River Rafting
- Loushan Pass Rafting
- Baimo Cave Scenic Area
- Shizhangdong Canyon Scenic Area
- Guifeng Mountain Scenic Area
- Wuxiangyan Mountain Scenic Area