Geographic Coordinates: 41.150000, 27.800000
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 35.0°C (50°F to 95°F)
Çorlu is a charming town located in the Tekirdağ province of northwestern Turkey. It is situated in the Thracian region, Which is known for its fertile lands and rich history. The town has a population of around 250, 000 people and covers an area of 1, 110 km². One of the main attractions in Çorlu is its beautiful natural surroundings. The town is surrounded by lush forests, Rolling hills, And scenic lakes that provide ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, Fishing, And camping.
Lake Marmaraçık is particularly popular among locals and tourists alike for its crystal-clear waters and picturesque scenery. Çorlu also boasts a rich cultural heritage that dates back centuries. In fact, The town was once an important center of trade during the Ottoman Empire due to its strategic location on the Silk Road trade route between Europe and Asia. As such, It has many historic landmarks that are worth visiting such as the Çoban Mustafa Pasha Mosque which was built in 1662 or the ancient Roman bridge over Ergene River.
The local cuisine in Çorlu is another highlight of this charming town. Its proximity to both sea and land means there are plenty of fresh ingredients available year-round which are used to create delicious dishes such as grilled fish or lamb kebabs served with traditional meze plates like hummus or baba ghanoush. In terms of modern amenities, Çorlu has everything you need for a comfortable stay including shopping centers like CarrefourSA or Tekira AVM where you can find international brands alongside local boutiques selling handmade crafts made by skilled artisans from all over Turkey.
Overall, Whether you’re looking to explore nature’s beauty or immerse yourself in Turkish culture while enjoying delicious food – Çorlu has something for everyone!
- Textile and garment manufacturing
- Food processing
- Automotive components manufacturing
- Chemical production
- Construction materials manufacturing
- Logistics and transportation
- Energy production
- Retail trade
- Health services
- Education services
Çorlu is also home to a number of small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as several large multinational corporations with operations in various sectors such as logistics, automotive, retail, and construction materials manufacturing among others.
- The Battle of Çorlu in 1364 was a significant victory for the Ottoman Empire against Byzantine forces, helping them to expand their territory.
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of modern Turkey, made significant contributions to the development of Çorlu during his presidency and visited several times.
- The Çorlu Train Disaster in 2018 resulted in 25 fatalities and over 300 injuries when a high-speed train derailed near the city.
- Hüseyin Avni Lifij, a renowned Turkish writer born in Çorlu in 1905, authored numerous books on Turkish history and culture.
- Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ is a popular Turkish actor who grew up in Çorlu after being born in Adana.
- Mehmet Akif Ersoy was a prominent poet who wrote Turkey’s national anthem İstiklal Marşı and spent time teaching at a school located within Çorlu.
- Selahattin İçli represented Tekirdağ (the province where Çorlu is located) as a member of parliament from 2007 to 2018.
- Ali Osman Sönmez is a retired football player who played for several teams including Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray; he was born in Corum but grew up in Corulu.
- Çorlu Archaeological Museum
- Atatürk Monument
- Sultan Beyazıt II Mosque
- Seymenler Parkı
- Çorlu City Square
- Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk Memorial House
- Şehit Kubilay Anıtı (Martyr Kubilay Monument)
- Tarihi Çınaraltı Mosque (Historical Plane Tree Mosque)
- Uğur Mumcu Park and Monument
- Tekirdağ Museum of Fine Arts and Sculpture Garden (located in nearby Tekirdağ)
- Çorluspor: A football club founded in 1967 that currently plays in the Turkish Regional Amateur League.
- Bursa Büyükşehir Belediyesi Volleyball: A volleyball team based in Bursa with a branch office and training facilities located in Çorlu.
- Gençlerbirliği Spor Kulübü: Another football club based in Ankara with a youth academy and training facilities located in Çorlu.
- İstanbul Basketbol Kulübü (IBB): A basketball team based in Istanbul that regularly participates at the Yıldız Erkekler Basketball Tournament held annually at the Atatürk Sports Complex Arena within Corlu’s city limits.
It’s important to note that these examples may not represent an exhaustive list of all existing sports clubs or organizations within the region associated with or having connections to Corlu Turkey.
- International Çorlu Jazz Festival: This festival is held annually in September and showcases jazz musicians from Turkey and around the world.
- Çorlu Carnival: Held every year in May or June, this carnival celebrates the arrival of spring with colorful parades, music, dancing and traditional costumes.
- Traditional Turkish Wrestling Festival: This event takes place every year in July and features traditional Turkish wrestling competitions.
- International Children’s Theater Festival: This festival is held annually in October and brings together children’s theater troupes from around the world to perform plays for young audiences.
- International Folk Dance Festival: This festival is held annually in August and features folk dance groups from different regions of Turkey as well as other countries.
- Çorlu Tomato Festival: Held every year in August or September, this festival celebrates the local tomato harvest with food stalls selling tomato-based dishes such as salads, sauces, soups etc., music performances by local artists etc.
- Çorlu Kebapçısı: This restaurant is known for its delicious kebabs and grilled meats.
- Köfteci Ramiz: This restaurant serves traditional Turkish meatballs (köfte) with various side dishes.
- Şahin Lokantası: This restaurant offers a variety of local dishes such as stuffed grape leaves, eggplant dishes, and meat stews.
- Hacı Dayı Pide Salonu: This eatery specializes in pide, a type of Turkish pizza with various toppings such as cheese, meat, and vegetables.
- Simit Sarayı: A popular bakery chain that serves simit (sesame-covered bread rings) along with other baked goods like pastries and cakes.
- Mado Café & Restaurant: A well-known café chain that offers traditional Turkish desserts like baklava and künefe along with coffee and tea.
- Konyalım Et Mangal Sofrası: A grill house that serves grilled meats such as lamb chops, beef steaks, chicken skewers etc., accompanied by salads or meze (appetizers).
- Atatürk Parkı: A popular park with walking paths, playgrounds, picnic areas, and a large pond.
- Seyitler Parkı: A green space with sports fields, tennis courts, and a small lake for fishing.
- Adalet Parkı: Another park with walking paths and playgrounds as well as an outdoor amphitheater.
- Tuna Nehri Piknik Alanı: A picnic area along the Tuna River where visitors can enjoy barbecues and fishing.
- Çorlu Belediyesi Spor Salonu: A sports complex offering fitness classes, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and more.
- Çorlu Yüzme Havuzu: An indoor swimming pool complex open to the public for both recreational swimming and swim lessons.
- Çorlu Bowling Salonu: A bowling alley equipped with modern facilities for family entertainment or friendly competition among friends or colleagues.
- Kınalıada Beach Club & Water Sports Center: Located on Marmara Sea coastline near Corlu offers water sports activities like Jet Skiing, Parasailing, Banana Boat Rides etc..