Region: Liaoning Province
Geographic Coordinates: 40.632800, 122.502000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Dashiqiao is a city in Liaoning Province, China, Situated on the eastern coast. The city covers an area of around 2, 800 square kilometers and has over 700, 000 inhabitants. Dashiqiao is known for its rich history, Natural beauty and thriving economy. One of the most notable features of Dashiqiao is its abundance of natural resources. The city has large deposits of magnesium, Talc and other minerals used in various industries like construction materials, Ceramics and paper manufacturing. Dashiqiao is often referred to as the Magnesium Capital due to its significant magnesium reserves.
Dashiqiao boasts several scenic spots including Jiuqu River Scenic Area which offers panoramic views over mountains and rivers; Shuiquan Canyon Scenic Area which features waterfalls cascading down steep cliffs; and Xihu Park where visitors can enjoy boating on a tranquil lake surrounded by lush greenery. In addition to its natural beauty, Dashiqiao also has a rich cultural heritage dating back over 5000 years ago when it was part of the Xia Dynasty (2070-1600 BC). It was also home to many famous scholars such as Liu Zongyuan who lived during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD).
Today Dashiqiao continues to thrive economically with strong industries such as mining and manufacturing contributing significantly to its GDP growth. Its strategic location near major ports makes it an important hub for international trade with neighboring countries like Japan and South Korea. Tourism plays an increasingly important role in Dashiqiao’s economy with more visitors coming each year attracted by its unique blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. As a result, There are many hotels catering specifically towards tourists offering comfortable accommodation at affordable prices.
Overall, Dashiqiao is a fascinating city with much to offer for both locals and visitors alike.
- Dashiqiao is one of China’s largest producers of magnesium products.
- The industry involves mining magnesite ore and processing it into various forms such as magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide, and magnesium sulfate.
- Dashiqiao is also a significant producer of refractory materials used in high-temperature applications such as steelmaking furnaces.
- The industry includes manufacturing various types of refractory bricks, castables, and other specialized products.
- Several chemical companies operate in Dashiqiao that produce a range of chemicals such as caustic soda, sulfuric acid, and ammonium sulfate.
Building Materials Industry:
- With abundant reserves of limestone and dolomite deposits in the area, many companies produce building materials like cement clinker and lime.
- Despite being an industrial city with a focus on mining activities agriculture also plays an important role here with crops like corns being grown extensively.
Overall these industries have helped boost the economic growth rate for this region over time leading to better living standards for people who live there while also providing employment opportunities to them too.
- The city of Dashiqiao has a rich history that dates back to the Han dynasty, which lasted from 206 BCE to 220 CE.
- During the Tang dynasty, from 618 to 907 CE, Dashiqiao was an important hub for trade and commerce.
- In the early twentieth century, Dashiqiao gained recognition for its production of high-quality magnesite, a mineral utilized in steel production.
- During World War II, Japanese forces occupied Dashiqiao and utilized its resources to support their war effort.
- Following the Chinese Civil War in 1949, Dashiqiao became part of Liaoning province.
- Song Zuying is a well-known Chinese singer who was born in Dashiqiao in 1966 and is among the city’s noteworthy individuals.
- Wang Shouxin is another prominent figure from Dashiqiao who served as China’s National People’s Congress vice-chairman from 1988 to 1993.
- In recent years, tourists have flocked to see the unique geological formations and natural hot springs that make up Dashiqiao’s scenic beauty.
- Dashiqiao Museum
- Dashiqiao Art Gallery
- Xianren Cave Scenic Area
- Fenghuang Mountain Scenic Area
- Dashiqiao Confucian Temple
- Yuhuang Pavilion
- Shanhai Pass National Cultural Park
- Huludao International Sculpture Park
- Juhua Island Scenic Area
- Shuiyun Cave Scenic Area
- Seafood: Dashiqiao is known for its fresh seafood dishes such as steamed crab, fried prawns, and boiled sea snails.
- Dumplings: The city is also famous for its dumplings filled with meat or vegetables.
- Hot Pot: Hot pot is a popular dining experience in Dashiqiao where diners cook their own food in a simmering pot of broth at the table.
- Laobian Dumpling Restaurant: This restaurant serves traditional Chinese dumplings that are made fresh daily.
- Yuelai Seafood Restaurant: This restaurant offers a wide variety of seafood dishes including lobster, crab, shrimp and more.
- Xiangshengyuan Hot Pot Restaurant: This restaurant specializes in hot pot dishes with various types of meats and vegetables to choose from.
- Laochengyi Snack Bar: A popular snack bar that serves local street food such as fried noodles and meat skewers.
- Xiaohonghua Noodle Shop: This noodle shop is famous for its homemade noodles served with various toppings including pork belly or beef stew.
- Dongfanghong Roast Duck Restaurant: A must-try dish when visiting Dashiqiao is the roast duck at this restaurant which has been serving it since 1953!
- Dashiqiao Park – a large park with walking paths, gardens, and a lake.
- Xianren Island Scenic Area – an island with hiking trails, scenic views, and a beach.
- Shanshan Hot Spring Resort – a hot spring resort with pools and spa services.
- Xinglong Mountain National Forest Park – a forest park with hiking trails and scenic views.
- Dalian Jinshitan National Tourist Resort – a tourist resort with beaches, water sports activities, and amusement parks.
- Hailongtun Scenic Area – an ancient fortress site with historical significance and beautiful scenery.
- Yiwulu Mountain Scenic Area – a mountainous area with hiking trails and scenic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Lianhua Lake Park – a park featuring walking paths, gardens, playgrounds for children to play in etc.,
- Taiyangshan National Forest Park- A national forest park located in the south of Dashiqiao City which has amazing natural scenery including dense forests , waterfalls etc.,