Region: São Paulo
Geographic Coordinates: -23.532800, -46.791900
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 30.0°C (68°F to 86°F)
Climate: Osasco, Brazil has a tropical climate with high temperatures and humidity throughout the year. Rainfall is highest from December to March, while the driest months are from June to August.
Osasco is a city located in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. It is known for its economic importance as one of the main centers for industries such as metallurgy, Textiles and food processing in the region. The city has a population of around 700, 000 people and covers an area of approximately 64 square kilometers. One of Osasco’s main attractions is its cultural diversity. The city has a large number of immigrants from different parts of Brazil and other countries, Which makes it an interesting place to explore different cultures and traditions.
There are also several festivals throughout the year that celebrate this diversity, Such as the Festa Junina (June Festival) and the Festival do Japão (Japan Festival). Osasco also boasts a rich historical heritage dating back to colonial times when it was part of Sertão de Pirapora. Several historic landmarks throughout Osasco reflect this heritage including churches like Nossa Senhora de Fátima and São José Operário.
For nature enthusiasts, Osasco offers several parks and green areas to explore with Parque Municipal Dionísio Alvarez Mateos being one popular park featuring walking trails, Playgrounds for children, Sports fields for soccer or volleyball games among others. The vibrant nightlife scene in Osasco includes numerous bars offering live music performances or DJ sets every night such as Bar do Alemão famous for its cold beer or Casa de Shows Villa Country where visitors can enjoy country music concerts.
Transportation within Osasco is convenient thanks to its well-developed public transport system consisting mainly buses running throughout various routes across town making it easy to get around without having your own car. Overall Osasco offers visitors an exciting mix between modernity along with rich history & culture making it a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience Brazil beyond the usual tourist hotspots.
- Parque Municipal Chico Mendes
- Teatro Municipal de Osasco
- Catedral Santo Antônio de Osasco
- Estádio José Liberatti
- Museu Dimitri Sensaud de Lavaud
- Sesc Osasco
- Centro Cultural e Turístico de Presidente Altino
- Praça Antonio Menk
- Shopping União de Osasco
- Centro Comercial de Osasco
- Manufacturing: Osasco is home to many manufacturing companies producing various products ranging from textiles, furniture, electronics, machinery to automotive parts.
- Services: The service sector in the city is thriving with banking, insurance, healthcare, education, and hospitality being some of the key players.
- Retail: Numerous shopping centers and retail stores cater to the needs of Osasco’s residents.
- Technology: Many technology companies have strategically located their offices in Osasco due to its proximity to São Paulo.
- Logistics: The city serves as an important logistics hub for transportation and distribution of goods throughout Brazil.
- Construction: With a growing population and infrastructure development projects underway in the city, construction has become a significant industry in Osasco.
- Agriculture: Although not as prominent as other industries listed above, agriculture plays a role in supplying fresh produce to local markets within the region surrounding Osasco.
- The city of Osasco was founded in 1962 after the merger of several neighboring towns.
- In the early 20th century, Osasco became an important industrial center with factories producing textiles, shoes, and other goods.
- One of the most notable historical events associated with Osasco is the Osasco massacre of 2015 when a group of armed robbers killed 17 people in a series of attacks on banks and businesses in the city.
- Notable people from Osasco include soccer player Kaká who played for AC Milan and Real Madrid, musician Tom Zé, and politician Celso Russomanno.
- The city has also been home to several important cultural institutions over the years including the Teatro Municipal de Osasco (Osasco Municipal Theater) and the Museu Dimitri Sensaud de Lavaud (Dimitri Sensaud de Lavaud Museum).
- Museu Dimitri Sensaud de Lavaud is a museum that showcases the history and culture of Osasco.
- Teatro Municipal de Osasco is a theater that hosts regular performances and events.
- Parque Ecológico do Jardim Piratininga is a park with hiking trails, lakes, and nature exhibits.
- Centro Cultural e Educacional do Sesi Osasco is an art center featuring exhibitions, workshops, and performances.
- Catedral Santo Antônio de Pádua is a historic cathedral with beautiful architecture and stained glass windows.
- Estação Ferroviária de Presidente Altino is a historic train station that has been restored as a cultural center.
- Monumento ao Trabalhador Brasileiro is a monument dedicated to Brazilian workers located in the heart of Osasco.
- Biblioteca Municipal Monteiro Lobato is a public library with an extensive collection of books and resources for all ages.
- Casa das Rosas – Espaço Haroldo de Campos de Poesia e Literatura – is an art center dedicated to poetry and literature.
- Parque Municipal Dionísio Álvares Mateosis park with sports facilities, playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking paths.
- Osasco FC is a professional football team founded in 2005 that competes in the Campeonato Paulista Série A3.
- São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano is a volleyball team based in Osasco that has achieved great success, winning numerous championships including the Superliga Brasileira de Voleibol Feminino.
- Grêmio Esportivo Osasco is another football club located in Osasco that was established in 1997 and has participated in various regional leagues.
- ADC Bradesco, a basketball team created by the Bradesco bank, has won several championships such as Liga Nacional de Basquete Feminino and Campeonato Paulista de Basquete Feminino.
- In September 2019, Osasco was one of the host cities for FIBA Basketball World Cup where multiple international teams competed for the championship title.
- Festa do Peão de Osasco (Osasco Cowboy Festival)
- Festa de São Roque (Saint Roch Festival)
- Festa Junina de Osasco (June Festival of Osasco)
- Carnaval de Rua de Osasco (Osasco Street Carnival)
- Encontro Cultural Afro-Brasileiro (Afro-Brazilian Cultural Meeting)
- Feira do Livro e da Leitura de Osasco (Osasco Book and Reading Fair)
- Festival Gastronômico Sabores de Osasco (Osasco Flavors Gastronomic Festival)
- Semana da Consciência Negra em Osasco (Black Consciousness Week in Osasco)
- Osaco Jazz Fest
- Osaco Rock Fest
- Churrascaria Boi Branco – a traditional Brazilian steakhouse that serves grilled meats and other Brazilian dishes.
- Bar do Alemão – a bar and restaurant that serves German-inspired cuisine, such as sausages, schnitzel, and beer.
- Pizzaria Atlântico – a pizzeria that offers a variety of pizzas with unique toppings like heart of palm, corn, and catupiry cheese.
- Restaurante e Pizzaria La Forneria – an Italian restaurant that specializes in wood-fired pizzas and pasta dishes.
- Empório São Paulo – a bakery and café that offers traditional Brazilian snacks like pão de queijo (cheese bread) and coxinha (fried dough filled with chicken).
- Feira Noturna de Osasco – a night market where you can find street food vendors selling everything from pastel (deep-fried pastry) to espetinho (grilled meat skewers).
- Boteco do Zé Otávio – a bar that serves cold beers and petiscos (Brazilian tapas), such as bolinho de bacalhau (codfish fritters) and mandioca frita (fried cassava).
- Parque Municipal Chico Mendes is a large park that offers visitors hiking trails, playgrounds, and sports facilities.
- Parque Ecológico do Jardim Piratininga is a nature reserve with walking paths, a lake, and picnic areas where you can enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Parque Municipal Dionísio Álvares Mateos is a green space that includes a playground, basketball court, and soccer field for outdoor activities.
- Sesc Osasco is an entertainment complex that provides visitors with access to amenities such as pools, gymnasiums, theaters as well as cultural events.
- Skatepark Osasco is a popular spot for skateboarders of all skill levels to enjoy ramps and obstacles in an exciting environment.
- Pista de Atletismo Professor João Carlos de Oliveira- This athletics stadium offers running tracks of different sizes for athletes looking to train or compete.
- Vila dos Remédios Park provides an ideal place for walking or biking while enjoying the beautiful scenery of the region around Osasco.
- Centro Esportivo Thomaz Mazzoni offers several fields for soccer practice making it an excellent sports center in Osasco.
- Parque Ecológico Nelson Vilha Dias features several hiking trails perfect for nature lovers who want to explore the region’s flora and fauna up close.
- Teatro Municipal de Osasco hosts various cultural events throughout the year ranging from plays to musical performances providing entertainment options for everyone in town.