Geographic Coordinates: 14.933300, 120.500000
Temperature Range: 25.0°C to 35.0°C (77°F to 95°F)
Floridablanca is a municipality in the province of Pampanga, Philippines. It is located at the foot of Mount Arayat and shares borders with Porac, Lubao, Guagua, And Angeles City. The name Floridablanca comes from the Spanish words florida meaning flowery and blanca meaning white which translates to white flower. The town has a rich history dating back to pre-colonial times when it was inhabited by Aetas. During the Spanish colonial period, Floridablanca became part of Pampanga Province and served as an important trading center for rice and sugar cane.
Today, It is known for its agricultural produce such as rice, Sugarcane, Corn, Vegetables and livestock farming. Mount Arayat National Park is one of Floridablanca’s main attractions. The park covers 14 square kilometers with dense forests that are home to various wildlife species such as monkeys, Wild boars and birds. Visitors can hike up to the summit where they will be rewarded with stunning views overlooking Pampanga Province.
Puning Hot Spring Resort is another popular attraction in Floridablanca which offers visitors a unique experience with its natural hot springs that are said to have therapeutic properties due to their high mineral content. Visitors can also enjoy other activities such as mud pack treatments or explore underground caves.
Floridablanca has several historical landmarks worth visiting including San Pedro Apostol Parish Church which dates back to 1700s; Casa Real de Floridablanca – a heritage house built during Spanish colonial period; Bantayog ng Bayani Memorial Shrine – dedicated to Filipino soldiers who fought during World War II; Bahay na Puti – one of oldest houses in town made entirely out wood. The town celebrates several festivals throughout the year including Feast of San Pedro Apostol every June 29th with colorful processions and street dancing.
Other notable events include the Arayat Festival which showcases the town’s culture and traditions, And the Paskuhan sa Floridablanca which is a Christmas celebration featuring parades, Fireworks displays, And other festive activities. Floridablanca has several schools including public elementary schools as well as private schools such as St. Scholastica’s Academy Pampanga. It also has a public hospital – Dr. Andres Luciano District Hospital – that provides medical services to residents in need.
Overall, Floridablanca offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, Cultural heritage and modern amenities making it an ideal destination for those seeking adventure or relaxation in a serene environment away from the hustle bustle of city life.
- Holy Rosary Parish Church
- Floridablanca Ecotourism Park
- Puning Hot Spring
- Mount Arayat National Park
- Dinosaurs Island Clark Pampanga
- Nayong Pilipino Clark
- El Kabayo Riding Stables
- Zoocobia Fun Zoo
- Paradise Ranch Clark Pampanga
- Mount Arayat National Park
- Puning Hot Spring Resort & Spa
- Dinosaur Island Theme Park
- Fishery products (tilapia)
- Livestock (pigs)
- Banking services (BDO Unibank Inc., Philippine National Bank (PNB), Landbank)
- Healthcare services (St Lukes Medical Center Extension Clinic)
- Education services (Don Bosco Academy)
- Transportation services (tricycles, taxis, etc.)
- Hospitality industry (hotels offering accommodation to tourists visiting the city)
- The Spanish friars established Floridablanca in 1823.
- During World War II, Japanese forces occupied the town and utilized it as their base for operations.
- In 1945, American troops liberated Floridablanca from Japanese occupation.
- The town’s name honors Francisco Javier de la Torre y Balmaceda, who was known as Conde de Floridablanca and served as Governor-General of the Philippines from 1787 to 1793.
- Mount Arayat National Park is one of Floridablanca’s notable landmarks, featuring a dormant volcano that towers over 1,000 meters tall.
- San Pedro Apostol Parish Church is another landmark in Floridablanca that dates back to the Spanish colonial era and showcases Baroque-style architecture.
- Jose Abad Santos is one famous person linked to Floridablanca; he was Chief Justice of the Supreme Court during World War II and was executed by Japanese forces for refusing to cooperate with them.
- Efren Reyes Sr., also known as Bata, is another prominent figure from Floridablanca; he was a professional billiards player considered one of the greatest players ever.
- Other renowned personalities from Pampanga include singer-actress Aiza Seguerra and comedian Dolphy Quizon (whose mother hails from Pampanga).
- Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto is a Catholic shrine and pilgrimage site situated on top of a hill in Floridablanca.
- San Guillermo Parish Church is an ancient church with Baroque architecture, renowned for its intricate wooden altar and ceiling paintings.
- Dinalupihan Nature Center is an eco-park that features various flora and fauna, including Philippine eagles, monkeys, and deer.
- Bataan World War II Museum showcases the history of the Battle of Bataan during World War II.
- Mount Samat National Shrine is a monument built to honor the Filipino soldiers who fought during World War II.
- Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is a heritage resort that features restored Spanish colonial houses from different parts of the Philippines.
- Subic Bay Freeport Zone was formerly a US naval base turned into an economic zone with various attractions such as theme parks, beaches, and shopping centers.
- Tarsier Botanika is a garden park featuring exotic plants from around the world as well as local flora endemic to Pampanga province.
- Paskuhan Village – A Christmas-themed park where visitors can experience traditional Filipino Christmas celebrations.
- Clark Museum showcases Clark Air Base’s rich history through exhibits on aviation technology, military weaponry, and equipment used by American forces stationed there during WWII.
- Floridablanca Town Fiesta is celebrated every February 2-3 to honor the town’s patron saint, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
- Sinukwan Festival is a celebration of Floridablanca’s rich cultural heritage and takes place every December 1-8.
- Kawayan Festival highlights the town’s bamboo industry and includes a street dance competition, celebrated annually on April 6-7.
- Araw ng Floridablanca marks the foundation day of the town on May 8th with various activities and a parade.
- Bataan Day Celebration commemorates Filipino soldiers’ bravery during World War II on April 9th each year.
- Pampanga Day Celebration celebrates Pampanga’s rich history and culture annually on December 11th.
- San Pedro Cutud Lenten Rites take place during Holy Week in nearby San Fernando City, featuring penitents who undergo crucifixion as an act of devotion to their faith.
- Sisig King is known for their delicious sisig dishes.
- Kainan sa Balsa is a floating restaurant that serves Filipino favorites such as sinigang and grilled seafood.
- Gerry’s Grill is a popular chain restaurant that offers Filipino cuisine with a modern twist.
- Mangan Restaurant specializes in traditional Kapampangan dishes, such as kare-kare and crispy pata.
- Razon’s of Guagua is famous for their halo-halo dessert and other Kapampangan delicacies.
- D’ Original Pares Haus is known for their beef pares (braised beef) and other Filipino comfort food.
- Ado’s Panciteria is a local favorite for pancit (stir-fried noodles) and other Chinese-Filipino dishes.
- Barrio Fiesta Restaurant is another popular chain restaurant that offers Filipino cuisine, including lechon kawali (deep-fried pork belly) and adobo.
- Little Kitchen Cafe offers delicious breakfast meals, sandwiches, pastries, coffee shop drinks.
- Pizza Streat offers different varieties of pizza flavors perfect for family bonding or barkada hangouts.
- Floridablanca Ecological Park is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a fun day out. The park features a mini zoo, butterfly garden, and picnic area where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- San Pedro Cutud Park is another great option for families with children. The park has a playground and basketball court where kids can play while parents relax on the benches nearby.
- Bayanihan Park is perfect for those who love outdoor activities like jogging or biking. The park has spacious jogging paths, bike lanes, and open spaces that are perfect for picnics or events.
- Paskuhan Village offers visitors an opportunity to experience traditional Filipino culture through its architecture, crafts, and food.
- Mount Arayat National Park is an eco-tourism destination that offers hiking trails, camping sites, and breathtaking views of the mountain range.
- The Lakeshore Boardwalk provides visitors with an 8-kilometer boardwalk along Lake Pamanao which is ideal for biking or jogging while taking in stunning views of the lake.
- Puning Hot Spring is an outdoor spa resort located at the foot of Mount Pinatubo where visitors can unwind in hot spring pools surrounded by nature’s beauty.
- Dinosaur Island will take you back in time with its dinosaur-themed amusement park featuring rides on dinosaurs as well as animatronic dinosaurs in action!
- El Kabayo Riding Stables offer horseback riding lessons to those who want to learn more about horse handling or simply enjoy riding horses through scenic landscapes.
- Clark Freeport Zone offers various recreational activities such as golf courses, casinos, shopping centers among others making it an excellent choice when looking for things to do!