Geographic Coordinates: 37.069400, 115.659000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Gexianzhuang is a small village located in the northern part of China, Around 200 kilometers away from Beijing. The village is situated in the Hebei province and has a population of approximately 1, 500 people. Despite its size, Gexianzhuang boasts of rich history and culture. The village dates back to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and was once an essential stop on the trade route between Beijing and Inner Mongolia. Visitors can still see remnants of this history in ancient temples and traditional courtyard houses that line narrow streets.
One significant landmark in Gexianzhuang is Guandi Temple, Built during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) as a place to worship Guan Yu – a famous general from Chinese history who was deified after his death. Intricate carvings and colorful paintings that depict scenes from Guan Yu’s life adorn this temple. Another highlight of Gexianzhuang is its traditional courtyard houses built during the Ming Dynasty using locally sourced materials such as brick, Wood, And stone. These homes are designed around a central courtyard that serves as an outdoor living space for families.
Visitors can also enjoy local cuisine while visiting Gexianzhuang – known for its delicious dumplings made with locally grown wheat flour filled with meat or vegetables; roasted lamb skewers cooked over an open flame; steamed buns filled with pork or vegetables are other popular dishes. Apart from cultural attractions, Gexianzhuang offers stunning natural scenery. The village sits at the foot of Mount Yanshan providing breathtaking views of rolling hills covered in lush greenery.
Gexianzhuang offers visitors an authentic glimpse into China’s rich history & culture while providing opportunities to enjoy delicious food & stunning natural scenery making it a must-visit destination for anyone interested in experiencing rural China’s charm!
- The Great Wall of China
- The Forbidden City in Beijing
- The Terracotta Army in Xi’an
- The Yangtze River and Three Gorges Dam
- The Huangshan Mountains (Yellow Mountains)
- The Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet
- West Lake in Hangzhou
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- The Bund and Shanghai Tower in Shanghai
- The Giant Panda Breeding Research Base in Chengdu
- Based on available data, Gexianzhuang is a small town in China with a predominantly agricultural economy.
- The major industries and businesses in the area include:
- Farming (wheat, corn, soybeans)
- Animal husbandry (pigs and cattle)
- Small-scale manufacturing businesses that produce textiles and food products such as noodles and tofu
- The Great Wall of China
- The Terracotta Army Museum in Xi’an
- The Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square in Beijing
- The Shanghai Museum
- The National Palace Museum in Taipei
- The Longmen Grottoes near Luoyang
- The Giant Buddha of Leshan near Chengdu
- Huangshan (Yellow Mountains)
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- The Potala Palace in Lhasa
- Gexianzhuang is located in the Hebei province of China.
- The town doesn’t have any professional sports teams or major sporting events.
- Local amateur sports leagues and clubs offer various activities such as:
- Football (soccer)
- Table tennis
- Martial arts
- The Chinese government has been investing heavily in promoting sports at the grassroots level.
- This is to encourage physical fitness and healthy lifestyles among its citizens.
- As a result, more people are participating in organized sports activities at all levels throughout the country.
- Overall, there is no major history of any specific sports team from Gexianzhuang.
- This is because it is a small town with limited resources for professional-level training facilities or infrastructure to support large-scale sporting events.
- Lantern Festival: Celebrated on the 15th day of the first lunar month, this festival marks the end of Chinese New Year celebrations. People light lanterns and eat sweet glutinous rice balls.
- Dragon Boat Festival: Celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month, this festival commemorates Qu Yuan’s death by drowning himself in a river. People race dragon boats and eat zongzi (sticky rice wrapped in bamboo leaves).
- Mid-Autumn Festival: Celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month, this festival is also known as Mooncake Festival as people exchange mooncakes with family and friends.
- Spring Festival: Also known as Chinese New Year, it is celebrated for 15 days starting from Lunar New Year’s Eve with fireworks displays, lion dances and family gatherings.
- Gexianzhuang International Kite Festival – A popular kite-flying event held annually in Gexianzhuang where participants showcase their unique kite designs from all over China.
- Gexianzhuang Peach Blossom Festival – It is held during springtime when peach trees bloom throughout Gexianzhuang countryside attracting tourists to witness its beauty.
Note: The above information may not be up-to-date or accurate as cultural events/festivals may change or get canceled due to various reasons like pandemics etc., so it’s always best to check official sources for updated information before planning your travel itinerary.
- Gexianzhuang Roast Duck: This dish is a specialty of the area and is available at many local eateries.
- Shui Zhu Yu (Sichuan-style boiled fish): A spicy fish dish that is favored by the locals.
- Lanzhou Beef Noodles: A classic Chinese noodle soup that can be found in many restaurants throughout the city.
- Xiangxi Spicy Chicken: A bold-flavored chicken dish from Hunan province known for its spiciness.
- Chongqing Hot Pot: Originating from Chongqing, this type of Chinese hot pot is famous for its fresh ingredients and spicy broth.
- Dongbei Cuisine: Northeastern style dishes like dumplings, stews, and roasted meats are also popular in Gexianzhuang.
If you want to try these dishes out yourself, here are some recommended restaurants:
- Gexianzhuang Roast Duck Restaurant
- Sichuan Impression Restaurant
- Lanzhou Beef Noodle Soup Restaurant
- Xiangxi Spicy Chicken Restaurant
- Chongqing Hot Pot Restaurant
- Dongbei Dumpling House
List of Popular Parks and Recreational Activities in Gexianzhuang, China
- Gexianzhuang Park
- Ping’an Lake Scenic Area
- Xishan Forest Park
- Gaoqiao Hot Spring Resort
- Jiajiayuan Ski Resort
- Qinglong Mountain National Forest Park
These places offer a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing and boating.