Region: Uttar Pradesh
Geographic Coordinates: 28.570000, 77.320000
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 40.0°C (50°F to 104°F)
Climate: Noida, India has a subtropical climate with hot summers and cool winters. The monsoon season occurs from June to September, with the heaviest rainfall in July and August.
Noida, Which stands for New Okhla Industrial Development Authority, Is a planned city located in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is situated in the National Capital Region (NCR) and borders Delhi to its northeastern side. The city was established in 1976 with an aim to boost industrialization and urbanization in the region. Today, Noida has emerged as a major hub for IT industries, Corporate offices, Residential complexes, And shopping malls. One of the most striking features of Noida is its well-planned infrastructure.
The city boasts wide roads with well-defined lanes and footpaths that make it easy for pedestrians to navigate through the busy streets. The metro rail system has also been extended to Noida which connects it with various parts of Delhi making commuting easier for people living here. The city’s economy mainly revolves around IT industries, Manufacturing units, And service sectors such as banking and finance.
Some of India’s leading companies such as HCL Technologies, Adobe Systems India Pvt Ltd., Samsung India Electronics Pvt Ltd., Ericsson India Pvt Ltd., Etc have their offices here which makes it one of the most important business hubs in North India. Apart from being an industrial hub, Noida also offers a range of recreational activities to its residents and visitors alike. There are several parks such as City Park which spans over 40 acres that offer green spaces where people can relax or indulge in outdoor activities like jogging or playing sports like cricket or football.
Another popular attraction in Noida is The Great India Place Mall which houses numerous stores selling everything from fashion apparel to electronics along with several food courts providing a variety of cuisine options ranging from local street food to international cuisines. The cultural heritage of Noida can be seen through various temples such as ISKCON Temple located on sector-33 which attracts thousands of devotees every year during festivals like Janmashtami; Shri Digambar Jain Temple located on sector-34 which is one of the oldest temples in Noida and attracts devotees from across India.
Noida has emerged as a well-planned city with excellent infrastructure and a booming economy. It offers a range of recreational activities, Cultural attractions, And business opportunities making it an ideal place to live or visit. With its proximity to Delhi and other major cities in North India, Noida has become an important destination for both business and leisure travelers alike.
- Worlds of Wonder is a well-liked amusement park that boasts numerous water rides, roller coasters, and other thrilling attractions.
- The Great India Place is a vast shopping mall that offers an array of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Akshardham Temple is a Hindu temple acclaimed for its intricate architecture and stunning gardens.
- Buddh International Circuit is a racing track that hosts events such as the Indian Grand Prix.
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary is a protected area that serves as home to over 300 species of birds and other wildlife.
- DLF Mall of India is another expansive shopping mall featuring both international and local brands.
- ISKCON Noida Temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and features daily prayers as well as cultural programs.
- Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal and Green Garden commemorates Dr.B.R Ambedkar, an Indian social reformer who fought for the rights of Dalits (formerly known as untouchables).
- Film City Noida serves as an industrial complex where many Bollywood movies are filmed.
- Botanic Garden of Indian Republic (BGIR) spans across 160 acres with over 50 different types of trees from around the world along with various flowers, herbs, shrubs etc., making it an ideal place for nature lovers to visit in Noida city.
- Information Technology (IT) and IT-enabled Services (ITES)
- Real Estate and Construction
- Education and Training
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Retail and E-commerce
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Media and Entertainment
- Establishment of Noida: Noida was established in 1976 as part of the planned development of Delhi.
- Jaypee Group: Jaiprakash Associates Limited, popularly known as Jaypee Group, is a major real estate developer in Noida.
- Noida Film City: The city has a film studio complex called Film City which has been used for many Bollywood films and TV serials.
- Akshardham Temple: The famous Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple is located in Noida and is one of the largest Hindu temples in the world.
- Gautam Buddha University: Gautam Buddha University is a public university located in Greater Noida and offers courses across various disciplines including engineering, management, law, humanities etc.
- Amity University: Amity University is a private university located in Greater Noida which offers courses across various disciplines including engineering, management, law, humanities etc.
- Mahamaya Technical University (MTU): MTU was established in 2010 and provides technical education to students from all over India.
- Yamuna Expressway: Yamuna Expressway connects Greater Noida with Agra and reduces travel time between the two cities significantly.
- Notable people associated with Noida include cricketer Suresh Raina who hails from Muradnagar near Ghaziabad but currently resides in Sector 50 of NOIDA; wrestler Sushil Kumar who also lives here; politician Mayawati who had her residence here for many years before moving to Lucknow after becoming Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh; former Indian cricket captain Mohammad Azharuddin whose son Asaduddin plays for Delhi Daredevils IPL team that practices at Feroz Shah Kotla Grounds nearby.
- The Great India Place Mall
- Worlds of Wonder
- ISKCON Noida Temple
- Akshardham Temple
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary
- Buddh International Circuit
- Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal and Green Garden
- KidZania Delhi NCR
- DLF Mall of India
- National Museum of Natural History (currently closed for renovations)
- Noida International Film Festival is an annual event held in January, showcasing films from around the world.
- Surajkund Mela takes place in February and features traditional crafts, food, and performances from different Indian states.
- Diwali Mela is an annual festival held in October or November to celebrate the Hindu festival of lights with fireworks, food stalls, and cultural performances.
- Navratri Festival is a nine-day Hindu festival that celebrates good over evil through fasting, dancing, and singing devotional songs.
- Buddha Jayanti celebrates Lord Buddha’s birth anniversary each May or June.
- Durga Puja is a major Hindu festival celebrated across India to honour goddess Durga’s victory over evil forces.
- Holi Festival is a colourful springtime celebration featuring music, dance and throwing coloured powder at each other as part of festivities.
- Ganesh Chaturthi marks Lord Ganesha’s birthday with great enthusiasm by installing clay idols at homes for ten days before immersion into water bodies on Anant Chaturdashi day.
- Baisakhi marks the beginning of New Year for Sikhs when they gather together for prayers followed by colourful processions with drums and music.
- Ramadan Eid marks end of month-long fasting observed by Muslims with joyous celebrations involving feasting on special delicacies along with family gatherings.
- Chokhi Dhani is a restaurant that specializes in traditional Rajasthani cuisine and offers a cultural experience with live music and dance performances.
- Desi Vibes is known for its North Indian food, rustic ambience, and dishes like butter chicken, dal makhani, and tandoori kebabs.
- Barbeque Nation is a popular chain restaurant that serves an unlimited buffet of grilled meats, seafood, and vegetarian options.
- The Ancient Barbeque is another popular barbecue joint in Noida that offers a range of grilled meats and seafood along with live counters for chaat and desserts.
- Saffron – The Park Plaza is a fine dining restaurant that specializes in Indian cuisine with a modern twist. It’s known for its biryanis, curries, and kebabs.
- Kebab Gali focuses on kebabs! They offer both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian kebabs cooked to perfection on charcoal grills.
- Bikanervala is a chain of restaurants in India serving North Indian snacks like samosas, kachoris along with sweets like rasgulla and gulab jamun.
- Haldiram’s is another famous chain of restaurants known for their sweets as well as savouries like chaat, pani puri etc.
- Noida Golf Course: An 18-hole golf course with lush green surroundings and beautiful scenery.
- Botanical Garden: A popular park with a variety of plants, flowers, and trees. It also has a butterfly park, fountains, and a lake.
- Worlds of Wonder: An amusement park with water rides, roller coasters, go-karting tracks, and more.
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary: A natural reserve for migratory birds like Siberian cranes and ducks.
- Kalindi Kunj Park: A serene park located on the banks of the Yamuna river with walking trails and picnic spots.
- Stellar Children’s Museum: An interactive museum for kids to learn about science, technology, engineering, arts & math (STEAM).
- Sector 18 Market: A popular shopping district in Noida with restaurants, cafes & entertainment options.
- The Great India Place Mall (TGIP): One of the largest malls in India that offers shopping experiences along with food courts & movie theaters.
- DLF Mall of India: Another huge mall in Noida which is famous for its entertainment zone – Skyzone – which includes indoor skydiving & trampoline parks among other attractions.
- National Museum Of Modern Art: This museum showcases contemporary art from various artists around the country.