North Las Vegas, Nevada
Geographic Coordinates: 36.288300, -115.089000
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 40.0°C (50°F to 104°F)
Climate: Dry and hot summers, mild winters with occasional rainfall.
North Las Vegas is a city in southern Nevada, USA with a population of about 245, 000. The city spans around 98 square miles and is bordered by Las Vegas to the south and Henderson to the southeast. One of North Las Vegas’ most popular attractions is the Aliante Nature Discovery Park. This park features scenic trails, Picnic areas, Playgrounds and a pond where visitors can fish or rent paddle boats. There’s also an interactive nature center that teaches visitors about local wildlife such as birds, Reptiles and insects.
Cannery Casino & Hotel is another popular destination in North Las Vegas. It offers luxurious accommodations along with exciting gaming options such as slot machines, Table games like blackjack and roulette as well as poker rooms for card game enthusiasts. For history buffs or aviation enthusiasts there’s the Nevada State Museum which displays exhibits on Nevada’s natural history and local aviation history. Visitors can see historic aircraft from World War II era planes to modern jet fighters up close at this museum.
North Las Vegas has several parks including Craig Ranch Regional Park which covers over 170 acres with amenities like soccer fields, Baseball diamonds, Basketball courts among other recreational facilities making it ideal for sports lovers. Additionally, North Las Vegas hosts several annual events including Air Show featuring aerial acrobatics performed by military aircraft along with fireworks display during Independence Day celebrations; Jazz Festival showcasing live performances from renowned jazz artists; and Family Fun Festival offering carnival rides for kids while parents enjoy food vendors selling everything from traditional American fare to exotic dishes from around world.
Overall North Las Vegas offers something for everyone whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures or indoor entertainment options making it an ideal destination for tourists seeking fun-filled vacation spots or locals looking to explore their own city.
- Aliante Nature Discovery Park
- Craig Ranch Regional Park
- Cannery Casino and Hotel
- Neon Museum North Gallery
- Planetarium at College of Southern Nevada
- Silver Nugget Casino & Event Center
- SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Floyd Lamb State Park
- Centennial Hills Park
Major Industries and Businesses in North Las Vegas, United States
- Aerospace components
- Electronics equipment
- Food products
- Medical facilities
- Shopping centers
- Big-box stores
- Specialty shops
- Entertainment venues
- Public schools
- Solar energy production
North Las Vegas is home to several manufacturing companies that produce a range of products such as aerospace components, electronics equipment and food products. The city’s location near major highways and the airport has made it a hub for logistics and distribution companies.
There are several hospitals, clinics and medical facilities in North Las Vegas that provide healthcare services to residents. The city also has numerous shopping centers and malls that offer retail options ranging from big-box stores to specialty shops.
As part of the greater Las Vegas area, North Las Vegas benefits from its proximity to world-class entertainment venues, hotels restaurants and attractions. With ongoing development projects throughout the city; construction is a significant industry in North Las Vegas.
There are several public schools as well as colleges offering higher education opportunities in North Las Vegas. Solar energy production is also one of the growing industries in this region due to Nevada’s favorable climate for solar power generation.
- The establishment of the Las Vegas Army Airfield in 1941, which later became Nellis Air Force Base.
- The construction of the Nevada Test Site in 1950, where numerous nuclear weapons tests were conducted during the Cold War.
- The opening of the first major casino resort in North Las Vegas, the Aliante Station Casino and Hotel in 2008.
- Notable people who have lived or worked in North Las Vegas include former NBA player Marcus Banks, professional boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., and musician Ronnie Vannucci Jr., drummer for The Killers.
- In recent years, North Las Vegas has also been recognized for its efforts to revitalize its downtown area through initiatives such as the City Center Redevelopment Project and partnerships with local businesses and community organizations.
- Aliante Nature Discovery Park
- Craig Ranch Regional Park
- Nevada State Museum and Historical Society in Las Vegas
- Neon Museum
- Discovery Children’s Museum
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- Springs Preserve
- Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park
- The Mob Museum
- Clark County Wetlands Park
- Las Vegas Raiders – NFL team that relocated to Las Vegas from Oakland in 2020
- Vegas Golden Knights – NHL team that began play in 2017 and made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in their inaugural season
- Las Vegas Aces – WNBA team that relocated from San Antonio in 2018
- Las Vegas Lights FC – professional soccer team that plays in the USL Championship league
- UNLV Runnin’ Rebels – NCAA Division I basketball program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
- Las Vegas Aviators – minor league baseball team affiliated with the Oakland Athletics
- Sin City Rollergirls – women’s roller derby league based out of Las Vegas
It is worth noting that while these teams may not be located specifically within North Las Vegas city limits, they are all within close proximity and have a strong presence throughout the entire region of Southern Nevada.
- Las Vegas International Mariachi Festival
- North Las Vegas Independence Day Jubilee
- North Las Vegas Greek Food Festival
- Taste and Tunes Food and Music Festival
- Annual Fall Harvest Festival
- Juneteenth Celebration
- North Las Vegas Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Celebration
- Multicultural Festival of North Las Vegas
- Black History Month Celebration
- The Smokin’ Pig – a BBQ restaurant that serves smoked meats and traditional sides.
- Tacos El Gordo – a Mexican restaurant that specializes in tacos made with fresh ingredients.
- Rosati’s Pizza – an Italian restaurant that serves pizza, pasta dishes, and salads.
- Pho MaiLan – a Vietnamese restaurant that serves pho noodle soup and other traditional dishes.
- Mr. Lucky’s Cafe – an American diner that serves breakfast all day long.
- Sapporo Revolving Sushi – a Japanese sushi bar where customers can choose their sushi from a conveyor belt.
- Los Antojos Mexican Food – another Mexican restaurant known for its authentic flavors and large portions.
- The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill – a Greek restaurant that offers gyros, souvlaki, falafel, hummus, and more.
- The Chicken Shack LV – a casual eatery where customers can enjoy fried chicken sandwiches, wings, tenders, and sides like mac & cheese or coleslaw.
- La Casa Del Pastor Taqueria Y Carnitas- another Mexican spot famous for their tacos al pastor (marinated pork) served on soft corn tortillas with cilantro onion relish on top.
- Craig Ranch Regional Park is a fantastic place to enjoy a variety of recreational activities, from playgrounds to walking trails, picnic areas to sports fields. You can even catch a concert or event at the amphitheater.
- Seastrand Park is a popular location for community events and festivals, but it also provides basketball courts, a skate park, and splash pad for kids.
- Aliante Nature Discovery Park is an exceptional destination that features interactive exhibits focusing on the natural environment of the area and hiking trails as well as fishing opportunities in its large pond.
- Silver Mesa Recreation Center is an indoor facility that offers fitness classes, sports leagues, swimming pools, and other activities suitable for all ages.
- North Las Vegas Neighborhood Recreation Center provides year-round classes in game rooms with fitness equipment and basketball courts available indoors.
- Cheyenne Sports Complex offers several fields where you can join adult softball leagues or watch youth baseball games.
- SkyView Multi-Generational Center is an excellent community center offering fitness classes such as yoga & Zumba along with art classes & senior programs.
- Goynes Park has many amenities such as lighted basketball court & soccer field along with shaded picnic areas & barbecue grills.
- North Las Vegas Golf Course – 18-hole golf course that’s open to the public.
- Aliante Golf Club – Another 18-hole golf course open to the public.