Region: West Java
Geographic Coordinates: -6.843500, 107.478000
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 30.0°C (68°F to 86°F)
Padalarang is a charming town located in Indonesia’s West Java province, About 20 kilometers north of the capital city of Bandung. The town’s lush greenery and scenic beauty have made it a popular destination for tourists seeking to experience the natural wonders of Indonesia. One of Padalarang’s main attractions is its hot springs, Which are believed to have healing properties due to their high mineral content. These hot springs are surrounded by stunning scenery and offer visitors a chance to relax and rejuvenate in nature.
Another must-see attraction in Padalarang is Mount Tangkuban Perahu, An active volcano located just outside the town. Visitors can hike up to the crater and witness firsthand the bubbling lava and steam vents that make this volcano so unique. For history buffs, Padalarang has several cultural sites worth exploring such as Cipari Ancient Site which was once home to Sundanese people from around 500 BC until 1000 AD. There’s also Situ Cileunca Lake which was built during Dutch colonialism era as part of irrigation system for local farmers.
Foodies will also appreciate Padalarang’s delicious Indonesian cuisine including nasi goreng (fried rice), Sate (skewered meat), Gado-gado (vegetable salad with peanut sauce) and many more traditional dishes that will tantalize your taste buds. Overall, Padalarang offers travelers an authentic Indonesian experience filled with stunning scenery, Rich culture, Delicious food, Soothing hot springs and challenging hikes up volcanoes – all within easy reach from bustling Bandung city centre!
- Agriculture: Padalarang is known for its fertile soil and agricultural products such as rice, vegetables, fruits, and flowers.
- Manufacturing: There are several small to medium-sized manufacturing companies that produce goods such as textiles, furniture, and food products.
- Tourism: Padalarang has several tourist attractions such as hot springs, waterfalls, and historical sites that attract local and international visitors.
- Retail: There are many small shops and markets that sell various goods including food items, clothing, electronics, and household appliances.
- Services: There are many service-based businesses in Padalarang including banks, insurance companies, healthcare providers, restaurants/cafes/hotels etc., which cater to the needs of the local population.
- Padalarang was under Dutch colonial rule for several centuries, and this period had a significant impact on the region’s history.
- The Battle of Padalarang took place during the Indonesian National Revolution in 1946, and was fought between Indonesian nationalists and Dutch forces.
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is located in Tangerang, but it is often referred to as Jakarta’s main airport. It was built during the New Order era under President Suharto, with construction beginning in 1984.
- Raden Saleh Syarif Bustaman (1811-1880) was a renowned painter who was born in Solo, Central Java but spent much of his life living and working in Europe.
- Ki Hajar Dewantara (1889-1959) was an educator and nationalist who played an important role in Indonesia’s struggle for independence from the Netherlands.
- Achmad Bakrie (1917-2007) was a businessman and politician who founded one of Indonesia’s largest conglomerates, the Bakrie Group.
- Umar Wirahadikusumah (1924-1984) served as Indonesia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs from 1978 until his death in 1984.
- Basuki Tjahaja Purnama or Ahok is a former governor of Jakarta who made headlines after being accused of blasphemy against Islam by Muslim groups which ultimately led to his imprisonment on May 9th,2017
- Taman Wisata Alam Gunung Tangkuban Perahu (Mount Tangkuban Perahu Natural Park)
- Situ Cileunca (Cileunca Lake)
- Museum Geologi Bandung (Bandung Geological Museum)
- Kampung Gajah Wonderland (Amusement Park and Zoo)
- Saung Angklung Udjo (Traditional Music and Dance Performance Center)
- Gedong Songo Temple Complex
- Lawangwangi Creative Space
- Rumah Mode Factory Outlet
- Maribaya Waterfall and Hot Spring Resort
- Dago Dreampark Adventure Park
- Baliem Valley Festival – a tribal festival held in Papua.
- Nyepi Day – a Hindu New Year celebration that involves silence and self-reflection.
- Galungan – a Balinese Hindu festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil.
- Waisak Day – a Buddhist festival commemorating the birth, enlightenment, and death of Buddha.
- Toraja Funeral Ceremony – a traditional funeral ceremony held by the Toraja people in South Sulawesi.
To get updated information on cultural events and festivals happening in Padalarang or any other city in Indonesia, it is recommended to check with local tourism boards or event organizers.
- Nasi Timbel Bawean: This restaurant offers traditional Sundanese cuisine with the signature dish being nasi timbel (steamed rice wrapped in banana leaves) served with various side dishes such as fried chicken, grilled fish, and vegetables.
- Sate Maranggi H. Ucu: Known for its grilled beef skewers marinated in a special sauce made from tamarind and spices.
- Warung Makan Asep Stroberi: A popular spot for locals to enjoy a variety of Indonesian dishes such as nasi goreng (fried rice), mie goreng (fried noodles), soto ayam (chicken soup), and more.
- Bakso Tahu Khas Bandung: Famous for its meatball soup made from beef broth with tofu added to it.
- Rumah Makan Cianjur: Offers authentic Cianjur-style cuisine which includes dishes like pepes ikan (fish wrapped in banana leaves) and sayur asem (sour vegetable soup).
- Batagor Riri: Serves Batagor – crispy fried dumplings filled with fish or shrimp paste – that is popular street food in Indonesia.
- Es Cendol Pak Udin: A dessert stall that serves cendol – green jelly noodles made from rice flour served with coconut milk syrup and shaved ice.
- Warung Leko Padalarang: Specializes in Indonesian comfort food such as nasi campur Bali (Balinese mixed rice) and ayam penyet leko (smashed chicken).
- Taman Wisata Alam Gunung Putri
- Taman Wisata Matahari
- Taman Pendidikan Al-Qur’an (TPA) Padalarang
- Taman Kreatifitas Anak Padalarang (TKAP)
- Lapangan Sepak Bola Padalarang
- Kolam Renang Ganesha Sport Club & Resort
- Air Terjun Curug Cikaso
- Bukit Moko
- Gunung Tangkuban Perahu
- Telaga Biru Cimahi