Region: Jilin province
Geographic Coordinates: 42.939200, 126.056000
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 40.0°C (-40°F to 104°F)
Panshi is a city located in the Jilin province of China, With a population of approximately 500, 000 people. The city is situated on the banks of the Songhua River and surrounded by mountains, Making it an ideal location for outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing. One of the most notable attractions in Panshi is its hot springs. The city has several hot spring resorts that are popular among tourists and locals alike. These resorts offer visitors a chance to relax and unwind in natural mineral-rich pools while enjoying stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
Another popular attraction in Panshi is its beautiful natural scenery. The city is home to several parks and nature reserves, Including the Changbaishan National Nature Reserve. This reserve features breathtaking landscapes such as waterfalls, Lakes, Forests, And meadows that are home to rare species of flora and fauna. Panshi also has a rich cultural heritage that can be seen through its historic landmarks such as temples and museums. One example is the Wunv Temple which dates back to over 1, 000 years ago during the Tang Dynasty era.
This temple houses many ancient artifacts including stone carvings from over 2, 000 years ago. In addition to its natural beauty and cultural heritage, Panshi offers visitors an opportunity to experience traditional Chinese cuisine at its finest. Local dishes include Jilin-style cold noodles which are made with hand-pulled noodles served with various toppings like sliced meat or vegetables in a spicy sauce. but not leastly , Panshi’s economy relies heavily on agriculture with crops like corns , Beans , Rice being grown extensively . It also boasts some industries like machinery manufacturing , Food processing etc .
Overall, Panshi offers something for everyone – from nature lovers seeking scenic beauty to those interested in exploring Chinese culture or just looking for relaxation at hot springs .
- Changbai Mountain: This scenic spot is located in the northeast of Panshi City and is known for its beautiful natural scenery.
- Jingbo Lake: Known as the first lake in northern China, this large freshwater lake offers stunning views and various recreational activities.
- Xinglongshan National Forest Park: This nature reserve boasts lush forests and diverse wildlife.
- Yitong River Scenic Area: A picturesque area with clear water streams, green mountains, and ancient temples.
- The Former Residence of Zhao Shuli: This is the birthplace of one of China’s most famous writers and poets.
- Panshi Revolutionary Memorial Hall: A museum dedicated to the history of revolutionary struggles in Panshi during the Chinese Civil War.
- Huaxiang Folk Culture Village: An open-air museum showcasing traditional folk customs and lifestyles in Northeast China.
- Hongshiyan Scenic Area: This geological park features unique rock formations that resemble various animals and objects.
- Tianchi Lake (Heavenly Lake): Located at the top of Changbai Mountain Natural Reserve; it is a crater lake surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
- Baishan Ski Resort：This winter resort located near Panshi city offers skiing activities for tourists from all over the world.
- Panshi is a city situated in the Jilin province of China.
- It has a diverse range of industries and businesses, which include:
- Coal mining
- Chemical industry
- Machinery manufacturing
- Textile industry
- Food processing
- The founding of Panshi: Panshi was established during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) as a mining town.
- The Japanese occupation: From 1931 to 1945, Panshi was occupied by Japan during World War II.
- Liu Shaoqi: In the 1950s, Liu Shaoqi – an influential Chinese revolutionary and politician – visited Panshi.
- Coal mining industry: For many years, coal mining has been an essential part of Panshi’s economy and reputation.
- Wang Hongwen: One of the leaders of China’s Cultural Revolution, Wang Hongwen was born in Panshi.
- Zhang Xueliang: Also known as The Young Marshal, Zhang Xueliang visited Panshi during his travels throughout China in the early 20th century.
- The Long March: During Mao Zedong’s Red Army’s Long March (1934-1935), they passed through nearby regions on their way to Yan’an.
- The Korean War: Troops from both sides crossed into Chinese territory near Panshi during the Korean War (1950-1953).
Note that these events/people may not have direct connections with or impact on Panhsi itself but rather they are associated with Jilin Province where Panhsi is located within it.
- Panshi Geological Museum
- Panshi City Museum
- Yanluo Mountain Scenic Area
- Longshan National Forest Park
- Shengli Park
- Zhongxin Square
- Xinglong Temple
- Guanyin Cave Scenic Area
- Panshi International Ice and Snow Festival: This yearly event takes place in January or February and showcases ice sculptures, snow activities, traditional performances, and food stalls.
- Panshi Dragon Boat Festival: Celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month (usually in June), this festival honors the ancient Chinese tradition of dragon boat racing with colorful boats adorned with dragon heads.
- Panshi Spring Festival: Also known as Chinese New Year, this significant holiday usually falls in late January or early February and is marked by fireworks displays, lion dances, family gatherings, and special foods.
- Mid-Autumn Festival: Held on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month (usually in September), this festival commemorates family unity with mooncakes (a traditional pastry) and lanterns.
- Lantern Festival: This event marks the end of Chinese New Year celebrations on the 15th day of the first lunar month (usually in February or March). It involves lighting lanterns to signify good luck for the upcoming year.
- Panshi Roast Duck (盘石烤鸭) – a famous dish made with locally sourced duck meat that is marinated with secret spices and roasted until crispy.
- Dongbei Cuisine (东北菜) – Northeastern Chinese cuisine that includes hearty dishes like dumplings, noodle soups, stews, and stir-fries.
- Xingxing Dumpling Restaurant (星星饺子馆) – a popular restaurant known for its handmade dumplings filled with pork or vegetables.
- Hongxing Seafood Restaurant (红星海鲜酒楼) – a seafood restaurant serving fresh catches from nearby rivers and lakes cooked in various styles such as steamed fish or spicy grilled shrimp.
- Shengli Street Food Market (胜利路小吃街) – a bustling street food market offering a wide range of snacks such as fried buns, grilled skewers, and spicy noodles.
- Panshi Forest Park is a popular destination for hiking, picnicking, and enjoying nature. It’s located in the center of Panshi.
- Wanda Plaza is a shopping mall that offers various recreational activities such as an ice skating rink, arcade games, and a movie theater.
- Xinglongshan National Forest Park is situated just outside of Panshi and provides breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains along with hiking trails and camping areas.
- Jilin Provincial Museum showcases the history and culture of Jilin Province through exhibits on archaeology, art, and science.
- Nanhu Park is located in the southern part of Panshi city and has beautiful scenery with lakeside walking paths for visitors to enjoy.
- Qianlong Lake Scenic Area offers boating on the lake as well as hiking trails around the surrounding hills.
- There are several ski resorts near Panshi that offer skiing, snowboarding, tubing, and other winter sports during colder months.