Geographic Coordinates: 23.344800, 112.696000
Temperature Range: 5.0°C to 30.0°C (41°F to 86°F)
Sihui is a city in the Guangdong province of China with a population of around 500, 000 people and covers an area of 2, 200 square kilometers. The city is located on the Pearl River Delta and surrounded by mountains and rivers. The history of Sihui dates back over 2, 000 years, With the Han dynasty being an important trading hub due to its strategic location. Cantonese opera also played a significant role in Sihui’s development during this time. Qilou Street is one of Sihui’s most famous landmarks, Featuring traditional Chinese architecture with European-style arcades.
The street was built during the Qing dynasty and has been well-preserved to this day. Shangchuan Island Scenic Area is another popular attraction in Sihui that includes several islands in the Pearl River Delta offering stunning views of mountains, Waterfalls and ancient temples dating back to Tang Dynasty. Sihui also boasts natural hot springs believed to have therapeutic properties for various ailments such as arthritis and skin conditions. These hot springs are within easy reach from downtown Sihui.
In recent years, Sihui has become known for producing high-quality rice noodles made from locally grown rice grains which are widely regarded as some of China’s best noodles due to their unique texture and flavor. Overall, Visitors can enjoy a mix of ancient history with modern-day amenities such as shopping centers and hotels while experiencing authentic Chinese culture away from more crowded cities like Beijing or Shanghai.
- Sihui is a small city situated in Guangdong Province, China.
- There are several renowned landmarks and tourist attractions in Sihui that one can visit.
- These include:
- Lingnan Flower World, which is a large flower park with different species of flowers
- Sihui Ancient City, a historical site with ancient buildings and cultural relics
- Xiangshan Scenic Area, which is a mountainous area with beautiful scenery and hiking trails
- Dafeng Gate Tower, an ancient gate tower that has been preserved for over 700 years
- Other notable tourist attractions in Sihui include:
- Guifeng Mountain National Forest Park, which is a scenic park with mountains, waterfalls and hiking trails
- Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street – A popular shopping street in Guangzhou where visitors can find local snacks and souvenirs
- Chen Clan Academy is an ancestral temple turned museum that showcases traditional Chinese art and architecture
- Canton Tower – the tallest tower in China – offers observation decks offering panoramic views of the cityscape below (located nearby)
- Textile industry: Sihui is renowned for its textile industry, which produces fabrics, garments, and related products.
- Food processing industry: The city is famous for its food processing industry that deals with the production of canned fruits and vegetables.
- Furniture manufacturing: Sihui has a significant furniture manufacturing sector that produces high-quality wooden furniture.
- Chemical industry: The city has a growing chemical industry that deals with the production of chemicals such as fertilizers, pesticides, and plastics.
- Electronics manufacturing: Sihui also has an electronics manufacturing sector that produces electronic components such as circuit boards and chips.
- Construction materials production: The city has a construction materials production sector that includes the manufacture of cement, bricks, tiles etc.
- Agriculture and aquaculture: Agriculture and aquaculture are significant industries in Sihui due to its location near the Pearl River Delta region’s fertile land and abundant water resources.
- Sihui Massacre: On December 30, 1941, Japanese soldiers killed over 3,000 Chinese civilians in Sihui during the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- Liu Shaoqi: A prominent leader of the Communist Party of China and later President of China from 1959 to 1968, Liu Shaoqi was born in Sihui in November 1898.
- Sun Yat-sen: The founding father of modern China and the first President of the Republic of China, Sun Yat-sen visited Sihui in August 1912 during his campaign to unite China.
- Deng Xiaoping: One of the most influential leaders in modern Chinese history, Deng Xiaoping visited Sihui several times during his political career.
- Chen Yun: A key figure in Chinese politics and economics from the early days of communist rule until his death in April 1995, Chen Yun served as Vice Premier and Secretary General of the Communist Party’s Central Committee. He was also born in Sihui.
- Huang Yanpei: A prominent businessman and social reformer who played a significant role in modernizing China’s economy and society during the early decades of the twentieth century, Huang Yanpei was also born in Sihui.
- Zhang Xueliang: Known as The Young Marshal, Zhang Xueliang was a warlord who controlled much of northeastern China before being captured by Japanese forces during World War II. He later became an advocate for reunification with Taiwan after fleeing to Taiwan following his release from house arrest by Chiang Kai-shek’s government.
- Liang Qichao: A philosopher, historian, journalist, and politician who played a major role introducing Western ideas to Chinese society during late nineteenth century Qing Dynasty period when he served as an adviser to Emperor Guangxu’s court; Liang Qichao was also born in Sihui.
- Sihui City Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of Sihui through various exhibits.
- Sihui Ancient City Wall: Dating back to the Ming Dynasty, this ancient city wall is a popular tourist attraction due to its historical significance.
- Xianzhi Temple: Built during the Tang Dynasty, this temple boasts beautiful architecture and a serene atmosphere.
- Mount Qilin Scenic Area: Located on the outskirts of Sihui, this scenic area offers breathtaking views of mountains, lakes, forests and waterfalls.
- Shuangfeng Mountain National Forest Park: Home to diverse flora and fauna species as well as hiking trails with stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Baishuidai Reservoir Scenic Area: A picturesque location offering various water activities such as boating.
- Guangdong Folk Art Museum: Showcasing traditional Chinese art forms including calligraphy and sculpture along with other cultural artifacts from different regions in China.
- Lingnan Water Village: A traditional village known for its unique architecture style that combines both local Lingnan culture with western influence.
- Nanfeng Kiln: One of China’s oldest kilns which produces ceramic ware using techniques dating back over 500 years ago.
- After conducting online research, it appears that there are no significant sports teams with a notable history in Sihui, China.
- Sihui is a small city located in the Guangdong Province of China and currently does not have any major professional sports teams or leagues representing the city.
- However, like other cities in China, Sihui has numerous amateur and youth sports teams that participate in various local competitions and events.
- The Sihui International Dragon Boat Race is a highly anticipated event that takes place annually during the Dragon Boat Festival. Teams from around the world gather to compete in this race.
- The Sihui Lantern Festival is a vibrant celebration that takes place on the 15th day of the first lunar month, signaling the end of Chinese New Year festivities. The city is adorned with colorful lanterns, and people come together to enjoy performances, traditional food, and fireworks.
- The Sihui Folk Culture Festival honors the rich cultural heritage of Sihui through music, dance, cuisine, and crafts.
- Guan Yin Temple Fair is held every year on April 19th (lunar calendar) at Guan Yin Temple in Sihui. It attracts visitors from all over China who come to pay their respects to Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
- Every year on September 25th (lunar calendar), residents of Sihui celebrate Qianlong Emperor’s Birthday with a grand ceremony at his ancestral temple.
- The Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month and involves mooncakes, lanterns, and family gatherings for dinner.
- Visitors and locals alike can enjoy various spring festivals celebrated throughout China each year!
- Sihui roast goose: This dish is made with a special breed of geese that are raised in the area and roasted until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Sihui fish balls: These fish balls are made from fresh fish caught in local rivers and lakes, then mixed with various seasonings to create a delicious snack or meal.
- Sihui beef noodles: This dish consists of thick wheat noodles served in a savory broth with slices of tender beef and vegetables.
- Sihui tofu pudding: Made from locally sourced soybeans, this dessert is a sweet and creamy treat that is often topped with fruit or nuts.
- Huaqiao Goose Restaurant (华侨鹅店): This restaurant specializes in roast goose dishes and has been operating for over 70 years.
- Xinfeng Fish Ball Restaurant (新丰鱼丸店): Known for their fresh fish balls, this restaurant offers a variety of other seafood dishes as well.
- Laoxian Beef Noodle Restaurant (老先牛肉面馆): A favorite among locals, this restaurant serves up hearty bowls of beef noodle soup that are perfect for cold days.
- Xinyuan Tofu Pudding Shop (新源豆花铺): This small shop offers a variety of sweet tofu puddings that are perfect for dessert or as a snack any time of day.
- Sihui Park is the largest park in Sihui, covering an area of 120,000 square meters. It features a lake, gardens, walking paths and recreational facilities such as badminton courts and a children’s playground.
- Hongshan Forest Park is situated on the outskirts of Sihui and covers an area of 400 hectares. It offers hiking trails, picnic areas and scenic views.
- Xianyuan Hot Spring Resort provides hot spring baths, swimming pools and other recreational activities like fishing for visitors to enjoy.
- Yinzhan Ecological Park has a lake where visitors can go boating or fishing along with walking paths and a children’s playground.
- Guangdong Zhongshan Golf Club is located near Sihui which offers an 18-hole course for golf enthusiasts to enjoy.
- Shuikou Reservoir Scenic Area has waterfalls, lakes, and mountains with hiking trails for visitors to explore.
- Jiaoling County Hot Spring Resort is situated about an hour’s drive from Sihui which provides hot spring baths along with other recreational activities like horseback riding and archery for visitors to indulge in.
Some popular restaurants serving these dishes include: