Tando Allahyar, Pakistan
Geographic Coordinates: 25.466700, 68.716700
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 40.0°C (68°F to 104°F)
Climate: Hot and dry summers, mild winters with occasional rainfall.
Tando Allahyar is a city in Sindh, Pakistan. It sits on the banks of River Phuleli and is famous for its cultural heritage, Natural beauty, And historical landmarks. The name Tando Allahyar means a place where bread is made and friend of God. One of the most popular attractions in Tando Allahyar is the Shah Jahan Mosque. Built during the Mughal era in 1647 AD, It showcases intricate carvings on its walls and ceilings that reflect Mughal architecture at its finest.
Another notable landmark in Tando Allahyar is the Tombs of Talpurs – mausoleums built to honor rulers from the Talpur dynasty who ruled over Sindh during the 18th century. Apart from these landmarks, Tando Allahyar also has several beautiful parks such as Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Park and Fatima Jinnah Park where locals can enjoy picnics with their loved ones. Additionally, There are several lakes near Tando Allahyar including Lake Manchar that offer breathtaking views for visitors.
The local cuisine in Tando Allahyar includes traditional Sindhi dishes like Sindhi Biryani, Saag (spinach) with Makai ki Roti (cornbread), Haleem (a meat-based stew), And Kebabs served with Lassi (a yogurt-based drink) to balance out spicy flavors. The people of Tando Allahyar are known for their hospitality towards tourists visiting their city. They take pride in showcasing their rich culture by organizing festivals such as Urs celebrations at shrines like Pir Pagara Dargah Sharif or Haji Syed Ali Shah Bukhari’s shrine where thousands gather every year to pay homage to their spiritual leaders.
Tando Allahyar offers a unique blend of natural beauty, Rich cultural heritage, And historical landmarks making it a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the beauty of Pakistan. The friendly locals, Delicious cuisine, And welcoming atmosphere make it an unforgettable experience for visitors.
- Shrine of Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar: This is a popular Sufi shrine situated in Sehwan Sharif, which is approximately 50 km from Tando Allahyar.
- Manchar Lake: It is the largest freshwater lake in Pakistan and located about 60 km from Tando Allahyar.
- Kot Diji Fort: An ancient fort built during the Khudabad period and located approximately 30 km from Tando Allahyar.
- Bhanbhore Archaeological Museum: It houses artifacts from the ancient Indus Valley Civilization and situated about 100 km from Tando Allahyar.
- Keenjhar Lake: A beautiful lake known for its scenic beauty and water sports activities like boating, fishing etc., located roughly 80 km away from Tando Allahyar.
- Makli Necropolis: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that contains tombs of various rulers and nobles of Sindh’s past empires; it’s around 130km away from Tando Allayar.
- Small-scale manufacturing
- Metal products
- Construction materials
- The city was named after Allahyar Khan Bhurgari, who was a prominent political figure during the British Raj.
- The Battle of Dubbo took place near Tando Allahyar in 1843 between the forces of the Talpur Mirs and the British East India Company.
- Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai, a famous Sufi poet, lived in nearby Bhit Shah and his shrine can be found there.
- G.M Syed, an acclaimed Sindhi nationalist leader, was born in Sann which is located near Tando Allahyar.
- Due to its fertile soil and proximity to the Indus River, Tando Allahyar has been an important center for agriculture since ancient times.
- In recent years, Tando Allahyar has become known for producing high-quality mangoes which are exported all over the world.
- There are several historic landmarks situated within the city such as Kot Diji Fort, Chaukhandi Tombs, and Makli Necropolis which attract tourists from all over Pakistan today.
Overall, Tando Allahyar’s rich cultural heritage spans from ancient times to modern-day Pakistan where it has produced many notable figures who have contributed significantly to its development over time.
- Hala Handicrafts Village
- Shah Jahan Mosque
- Kotri Barrage
- Makli Necropolis
- Chaukhandi Tombs
- Ranikot Fort
- Bhittai Tomb
- Faiz Mahal
- Tando Adam Khan Bridge
- Tomb of Mirza Jani Jahaniya
- Urs of Hazrat Sachal Sarmast: This three-day annual festival honors the Sindhi poet Hazrat Sachal Sarmast.
- Eid-ul-Fitr: Muslims worldwide celebrate this religious festival to mark the end of Ramadan.
- Basant Festival: In Tando Allahyar during springtime, kite-flying is celebrated in this festival.
- Urs of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar: Another significant religious festival held to honor the famous Sufi saint Lal Shahbaz Qalandar.
- Mela Chaila: This yearly fair attracts visitors from all over Sindh province and takes place near Tando Allahyar.
- Jashn-e-Baharan: A spring festival celebrated throughout Pakistan with cultural activities such as music and dance performances; it is also observed in Tando Allahyar.
- Shandur Polo Festival: Although not directly related to Tando Allahyar city, it is one of the largest festivals held annually between Gilgit-Baltistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where people from all around Pakistan gather to watch polo matches played on horses between teams representing different regions/cities/tribes etc…
- Sindhi Biryani: A spicy rice dish with meat (usually chicken or beef), potatoes, and a variety of spices.
- Haleem: A slow-cooked stew made with lentils, wheat, and meat (usually beef).
- Saag: A dish made with spinach and other leafy greens cooked with spices and served with bread.
- Nihari: A rich stew made from slow-cooked beef shank bones.
- BBQ Chicken Tikka: Grilled chicken marinated in a blend of spices.
Some popular restaurants in Tando Allahyar that serve these dishes are:
- Al-Habib Restaurant
- Al-Madina Restaurant
- Sardar Ji Restaurant
- Cafe 51
- New Shanwari Tikka House
- Tando Allahyar Park: This is a popular public park in the city that offers various recreational activities such as jogging, walking, playing sports and picnicking.
- Shahi Bagh: This is another beautiful park located in the heart of the city that offers a serene environment for relaxation and recreation.
- Cricket Ground: The cricket ground in Tando Allahyar is a great place to watch or play cricket with friends and family.
- Football Ground: The football ground in the city is also a popular spot for sports enthusiasts to practice or play matches.
- Picnic Spots: There are several picnic spots around Tando Allahyar such as Tharri Park, Gharo Lake, and Mirpurkhas which offer scenic views and outdoor activities like boating, swimming, hiking etc.