Geographic Coordinates: 34.527700, -117.354000
Temperature Range: 5.0°C to 40.0°C (41°F to 104°F)
Climate: Desert climate with hot summers and mild winters.
Victorville is a city located in the Mojave Desert of San Bernardino County, California, United States. It is situated approximately 85 miles northeast of Los Angeles and 35 miles north of San Bernardino. The city has a population of over 120, 000 people and covers an area of approximately 73 square miles. The city has a rich history dating back to the early days of California’s settlement. The area was originally inhabited by Native American tribes before becoming part of the Spanish Empire in the late 1700s.
In the mid-1800s, Gold was discovered in nearby mountains which led to an influx of settlers and miners into the region. Today, Victorville is a thriving community with a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, Logistics, Healthcare services and retail trade. The Southern California Logistics Airport (SCLA) is one of its major employers which provides air cargo transportation services worldwide. Victorville also boasts several cultural attractions including museums such as the Route 66 Museum which showcases artifacts from America’s most famous highway that passes through Victorville.
Additionally, There are many outdoor recreational opportunities such as hiking trails in nearby mountains like Mount Baldy or Joshua Tree National Park just an hour away. For those looking for entertainment options within Victorville itself there are several shopping centers including The Mall Of Victor Valley where visitors can find all their favorite stores under one roof or enjoy dining at any number restaurants found throughout town.
Overall, Victorville offers residents and visitors alike an excellent quality of life with its warm climate year-round sunshine combined with its natural beauty make it an ideal place to live or visit for those seeking adventure or relaxation alike!
- Route 66 Museum
- California Route 66 Mother Road Museum
- Mojave Narrows Regional Park
- Victor Valley College Performing Arts Center
- High Desert Center for the Arts
- San Bernardino County Fairgrounds
- Green Tree Golf Course
- Scandia Family Fun Center
- Victorville Municipal Golf Course
- The Mall of Victor Valley
- Logistics and Distribution: Victorville is home to a number of large logistics and distribution centers due to its proximity to major highways and rail lines.
- Aerospace: The Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville is a hub for the aerospace industry, with companies such as Boeing, General Electric, and Pratt & Whitney operating there.
- Manufacturing: There are several manufacturing companies in Victorville producing products ranging from electronics to food products.
- Healthcare: The healthcare sector has been growing rapidly in recent years with the opening of new hospitals and medical facilities.
- Retail: There are several shopping centers and retail outlets located throughout the city, including the Mall of Victor Valley.
- Hospitality: With its location between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, Victorville has become a popular destination for travelers looking for affordable accommodations.
- Education: There are several schools, colleges, and universities located within the city limits or nearby areas offering education opportunities for students at all levels.
- The town of Victorville was founded in 1895 by Jacob Nash Victor, who named it after himself.
- During the mid-20th century, Route 66 went through Victorville, making it a popular stop for travelers and truckers.
- From 1941 to 1992, George Air Force Base was located just outside of Victorville and played a significant role in military operations during World War II and the Cold War.
- The Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum used to be located in Victorville until its closure in 2009. The famous cowboy couple lived nearby in Apple Valley for many years.
- In February 2019, a bus carrying Chinese tourists crashed on California Route 138 near Victorville, resulting in the death of three people and injuries to several others.
- Former NHL goaltender Eddie Belfour owned an award-winning winery that is situated close by in Phelan.
- Joe Gibbs Racing is a NASCAR team that has its facility based out of Hesperia – which is nearby – providing employment opportunities for hundreds of locals from the area.
- Actor Robert Duvall’s ranch near Lucerne Valley has been featured as a filming location for notable movies such as The Godfather and Gone with the Wind over time.
- Singer Karen Carpenter passed away at age 32 due to heart failure caused by complications from anorexia nervosa while staying at her parents’ home in Downey – which isn’t too far away from Victoville – on February 4th,1983
- The Mojave River Trail Raceway (previously known as Grange Motor Circuit) is situated just outside Adelanto (which is also relatively close to Victoville) and has seen participation from prominent drivers like Mario Andretti and Dan Gurney over time.
- The California Route 66 Museum
- The Victor Valley Museum and Gallery
- Mojave Narrows Regional Park
- Spring Valley Lake
- The High Desert Center for the Arts
- Victorville Veterans Memorial
- Green Tree Golf Course
- Civic Center Park
- Old Town Victorville
- Mojave Riverwalk Trail
- High Desert Music Festival
- San Bernardino County Fair
- Route 66 Cruisin’ Reunion
- Victorville Fall Festival
- Victor Valley College Foundation’s Annual Taste of the Town
- Mojave Riverwalk Festival
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular
- Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Mojave Narrows Regional Park Harvest Festival
- In-N-Out Burger – a fast-food chain famous for its burgers, fries, and milkshakes.
- The Rustic Tavern – a cozy restaurant serving American comfort food like burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
- Molly Brown’s Country Cafe – a family-owned restaurant that serves home-style cooking like chicken fried steak, meatloaf, and mashed potatoes.
- Thai Dawn Bistro – a casual eatery that offers authentic Thai dishes like pad thai noodles, green curry chicken, and tom yum soup.
- Los Domingos Restaurant – a Mexican restaurant that serves traditional dishes like tacos al pastor, enchiladas suizas, and chile rellenos.
- The Grind Coffee House & Roaster – a trendy cafe that offers artisanal coffee blends along with light bites like pastries and sandwiches.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – an upscale chain known for its deep-dish pizzas and craft beers.
- Farmer Boys – another fast-food chain specializing in farm-to-table burgers made with fresh ingredients from local farms.
- Hometown Buffet – an all-you-can-eat buffet-style restaurant offering American comfort food favorites like fried chicken, macaroni & cheese,and mashed potatoes.
- Lucy’s Mexican Grill- A small family-owned mexican grill offering traditional mexican dishes such as burritos,tacos,and quesadillas.
- Mojave Narrows Regional Park offers hiking trails, fishing, camping, and picnic areas.
- Doris Davies Park features a playground, basketball courts, picnic tables, and a walking trail.
- Hook Park offers a skate park, sports fields/courts for basketball and tennis as well as playgrounds.
- Victorville City Library provides free access to books and other resources along with events like storytime for kids.
- Green Tree Golf Course is a public golf course that features 18 holes of play with beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- High Desert Mavericks Baseball Stadium is where you can watch minor league baseball games in Victorville.
- Spring Valley Lake Country Club is a private country club that offers golfing facilities to its members.
- San Bernardino County Fairgrounds hosts various events throughout the year from concerts to rodeos.
- Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area is located nearby Victorville and offers hiking trails, fishing, boating and swimming opportunities etc.