Geographic Coordinates: 28.780000, 76.130000
Temperature Range: 15.0°C to 40.0°C (59°F to 104°F)
Bhiwani is a city in the northern Indian state of Haryana, Situated approximately 120 kilometers west of Delhi. The city is known for its rich cultural heritage, Historical significance, And scenic beauty. Its strategic location on the banks of the Ghaggar River has made it an important center of trade and commerce since ancient times. The Bhiwani Fort is one of the most prominent landmarks in the city, Dating back to the 15th century. It was built by Rajput king Neem Chand and served as a stronghold against invading armies.
Today, It stands as a testament to Bhiwani’s rich history and architectural heritage. Another notable attraction in Bhiwāni is Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University which offers courses related to agriculture, Veterinary sciences, Fisheries sciences etc. The university campus covers an area of over 8000 acres with modern facilities like research labs, Sports complexes etc. Bhiwāni also has several temples that are popular among tourists and locals alike such as Hanuman Mandir located near Naya Gaon Chowk which attracts devotees from all over India due to its religious significance.
Other temples dedicated to Lord Shiva like Shiv Temple at Hanuman Gate , Maa Kali Temple at Barsi Gate etc are also present. Apart from these attractions, Bhiwani hosts several festivals throughout the year that showcase its vibrant culture. The most famous festival celebrated here is Teej which marks monsoon season. Its celebrated with great enthusiasm by women who dress up traditionally, Worship Goddess Parvati, And swing on decorated swings. Other festivals include Holi, Dussehra, And Diwali where people light diyas (earthen lamps)to celebrate good over evil.
Bhiwāni has produced several renowned athletes such as boxer Vijender Singh, Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, And sprinter Krishna Poonia. The city has a rich tradition of wrestling, With several akhadas (traditional wrestling arenas) scattered throughout the city. The Bhiwani Boxing Club is another famous institution that has produced many national and international level boxers. Bhiwāni is a city that offers something for everyone – from history buffs to nature lovers to sports enthusiasts. Its rich cultural heritage, Scenic beauty, And vibrant festivals make it an ideal destination for tourists looking to explore the real India.
- Bhiwani is a city in the Indian state of Haryana, known for its sports culture and famous wrestlers and boxers.
- Although it may not have many popular landmarks or tourist attractions, some notable spots include:
- The Bhiwani Boxing Club
- Tosham Hill
- Devsar Dham
- Loharu Fort
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University
- Hanuman Mandir
- Neemriwali Baba Temple
- Agriculture: Bhiwani is known for its fertile land and agricultural production of crops like wheat, rice, sugarcane, mustard, etc.
- Textile Industry: The city has a thriving textile industry with many small-scale units producing cotton and silk fabrics.
- Education: Bhiwani is home to many educational institutions including Maharshi Dayanand University which offers courses in various disciplines.
- Handicrafts: The city is famous for its handicrafts like pottery, woodwork, and embroidery which are sold locally as well as exported to other parts of the country.
- Manufacturing: There are several manufacturing units in Bhiwani that produce goods such as cement pipes, steel furniture, electrical equipment etc.
- Retail: The city has a bustling retail sector with shops selling everything from clothes to electronics to daily essentials.
- Healthcare Services: There are several hospitals and clinics in the city providing healthcare services to residents of the area and nearby regions.
- Tourism: Bhiwani also attracts tourists due to its historical sites such as the Chatta Nehru Park and Loharu Fort which have significant cultural value.
- Bhiwani Rebellion: The famous rebellion against British rule in 1857 took place in Bhiwani.
- Rao Tula Ram: He was a prominent leader during the Indian Rebellion of 1857 and played a key role in the Bhiwani Rebellion.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel: He visited Bhiwani during the Quit India Movement in 1942 and addressed a huge gathering.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad: The first President of India visited Bhiwani in 1959 to inaugurate several development projects.
- Lala Lajpat Rai: A freedom fighter who also visited Bhiwani during the Quit India Movement and addressed a large gathering.
- Captain Abhimanyu Singh Sindhu: A former Minister of Haryana who hails from Bhiwani district, he is known for his contribution to education and social welfare.
- Gaurav Bidhuri: An Indian boxer from Bhiwani who won bronze at the World Championships in Hamburg, Germany, in 2017.
- Akhil Kumar: Another Indian boxer from Bhiwani who won gold at the Commonwealth Games held in Melbourne, Australia, in 2006.
- Jitender Kumar: An Olympic boxer from Haryana who belongs to Kaluwas village near Bawania town of district-Biwāni.
- Rajkumar Saini: A politician belonging to Kurukshetra region but got elected as MLA from Kharkhauda constituency which falls under Sonipat district.
- Bhiwani Khera Fort is a historical fort located in the heart of Bhiwani city.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University is a premier agricultural university with a beautiful campus and research facilities.
- Bhiwani City Park is a popular park with lush greenery, walking trails, and recreational activities.
- HUDA Park is another scenic park with jogging tracks, play areas, and picnic spots.
- Bhiwani Science Centre is an interactive science museum that offers hands-on learning experiences for visitors of all ages.
- Shri Hanuman Mandir is a revered temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman that attracts devotees from all over the region.
- Khaparwas Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area known for its diverse flora and fauna, including several endangered species of birds and animals.
- Nehru Stadium – A sports stadium which hosts various sporting events throughout the year.
- Gauri Shankar Temple- A temple dedicated to Lord Shiva which is believed to be more than 500 years old.
- Baba Mast Nath Math- A famous pilgrimage site where devotees come from across India to seek blessings from Baba Mast Nath.
- Bhiwani Boxing Club is a renowned sports team in Bhiwani, India. It was founded in 2001 and has produced numerous national and international level boxers. The club has won several medals at various national and international championships.
- The Bhiwani Football Club is another well-known sports team established in 2015. The team participates in various regional football leagues and has been successful in winning many tournaments.
- Bhiwani Cricket Association is a prominent sports team that represents the city of Bhiwani in various cricket tournaments across Haryana state. The association was formed way back in 1952 and has nurtured many notable cricketers over the years.
- Apart from these teams, there are also several other local sports clubs that promote different sports such as kabaddi, wrestling, volleyball, and athletics. These clubs have played a significant role in nurturing young talent from the region and have contributed significantly to the growth of sports culture in Bhiwani.
- Bhiwani Mahotsav is an annual cultural festival held in November that showcases the rich heritage of the region through music, dance, and theater performances.
- Teej Festival is a colorful celebration during the monsoon season (August) where women across northern India come together to sing, dance, and feast.
- Holi is a major Hindu festival celebrated in March or April where people throw colored powder at each other and enjoy traditional sweets.
- Diwali, also known as the Festival of Lights, is celebrated in October or November with lighting lamps to represent good triumphing over evil.
- Lohri celebrates the winter solstice with bonfires, music, dancing, and traditional foods like gajak made from sesame seeds.
- Janmashtami celebrates Lord Krishna’s birth with great enthusiasm across India including Bhiwani.
- Baisakhi marks New Year’s Day for Punjabi Sikhs and harvest festival for communities across northern India.
- Teej fair:Bawana fair held every year during Shravana month at village Kairu near Tosham town around 20 km from district headquarter which attracts thousands of people from surrounding areas to buy household goods and cattle etc
- Mahashivratri falls on February/March (13th or 14th day of Hindu month Phalguna) and celebrates Lord Shiva with great enthusiasm in Bhiwani.
- Christmas may not be a traditional Indian festival but it’s celebrated by many people in Bhiwani especially Christians who decorate their town with lights and attend special church services/events to mark this occasion.
- Chole Bhature: This is a popular Punjabi dish that can be found at many local eateries in Bhiwani.
- Rajma Chawal: Another famous Punjabi dish that is served with rice and is a favorite among the locals.
- Lassi: A refreshing yogurt-based drink that can be found at many roadside stalls in Bhiwani.
- Dhabas: These are small roadside eateries that serve delicious North Indian food like paranthas, dal makhani, butter chicken, etc.
- Shree Balaji Sweets & Snacks: This is a popular sweet shop in Bhiwani known for its mouth-watering sweets like rasgulla, gulab jamun, etc., and snacks like samosas and kachoris.
- Hotel Maharaja Palace: This restaurant serves authentic North Indian cuisine along with Chinese dishes.
- The Food Factory: This restaurant offers a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes from different cuisines such as North Indian, Chinese, Continental etc.
- Bhiwani City Park – a large park with walking paths, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
- Nehru Stadium – a sports complex with facilities for cricket, football, and other outdoor games.
- Arya Samaj Park – a small park with greenery and benches for relaxation.
- HUDA Park – a well-maintained park with jogging tracks, fountains, and children’s play areas.
- Devi Lal Park – a popular spot for morning walks and yoga sessions.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Memorial Government College Grounds – offers facilities for various sports like basketball, volleyball etc.
- Swarna Jayanti Park- A beautiful park located near the bus stand
- Shivaji Stadium- A very famous stadium in Bhiwani which hosts many tournaments
- Baba Mast Nath University Cricket Ground- This is also an excellent place to visit if you want to play cricket or watch matches
- Bhagat Singh Sports Complex- It has all types of sports activities including swimming pool