Geographic Coordinates: -6.494700, 106.651000
Temperature Range: 20.0°C to 35.0°C (68°F to 95°F)
Cikupa is a small town in the Tangerang Regency of Banten Province, Indonesia. It’s located about 30 kilometers west of Jakarta and can be reached within an hour’s drive from the capital city. The town has become a favorite spot for both locals and tourists due to its strategic location, Natural beauty, And cultural heritage. One of Cikupa’s main draws is its traditional markets. Pasar Lama Cikupa (Old Market) is one of the oldest markets in the region and offers a wide variety of local products such as fresh fruits, Vegetables, Spices, Textiles, Handicrafts and more.
Another market worth visiting is Pasar Modern Cikupa (Modern Market), Which features modern facilities with air-conditioned buildings that provide various goods at affordable prices. Cikupa also boasts several historical landmarks that showcase its rich cultural heritage. One such landmark is Benteng Heritage Museum which was built during Dutch colonial times in 1682 as a fortress to protect against attacks from pirates. The museum houses various collections related to Indonesian history including weapons used during wars with Dutch colonizers.
For nature lovers, There are several parks worth visiting in Cikupa such as Taman Wisata Alam Mangrove Angke Kapuk which covers an area of 1, 500 hectares featuring mangrove forests along with other flora and fauna species including birds like kingfishers and herons. Another popular attraction among tourists visiting Cikupa is its culinary scene. The town offers numerous restaurants serving traditional Indonesian dishes such as nasi goreng (fried rice), Mie ayam (chicken noodle soup), Sate padang (beef skewers), Bakso (meatball soup) among others.
Overall, Cikupa provides visitors with an opportunity to experience Indonesia’s diverse culture while enjoying nature’s beauty at its best. Its proximity to Jakarta makes it an ideal destination for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse themselves in a more relaxed environment.
- Cikupa is a small town situated in the Tangerang Regency of Banten province in Indonesia.
- It is not renowned for any well-known landmarks or tourist attractions.
- However, there are some nearby places that tourists may want to check out, including:
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park)
- Ancol Dreamland
- Jakarta Old Town
- National Monument (Monas)
- Ragunan Zoo
- Thousand Islands (Kepulauan Seribu)
- Istiqlal Mosque
- Jakarta Cathedral
- Please note that these places are not located in Cikupa but can be visited as day trips from there if you’re interested in exploring the area further!
- Manufacturing: Cikupa has several manufacturing industries such as textile and garment factories, food processing plants, and electronics manufacturing companies.
- Agriculture: The subdistrict is also known for its agricultural activities such as rice cultivation, vegetable farming, and fruit plantations.
- Trading: Cikupa has a bustling trading sector with many wholesale markets selling goods such as textiles, electronics, household appliances, and building materials.
- Service sector: There are many service-based businesses in Cikupa like banks, insurance companies, hotels and restaurants catering to the needs of the local population.
- Construction: With rapid urbanization taking place in the area there are numerous construction projects underway that employ a significant number of people from the region.
Overall these sectors contribute significantly to the economy of Cikupa by providing employment opportunities for its residents while also contributing to regional development through their economic activities.
- The Battle of Cikupa occurred in 1946 during the Indonesian National Revolution, where Indonesian nationalist forces fought against Dutch colonial troops.
- Haji Hasan Mustapa, born in Cikupa in 1910, was a prominent leader during the Indonesian National Revolution.
- Tangerang Regency is home to Cikupa, a subdistrict known for its rich history and cultural heritage.
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is located just outside of Cikupa and serves as a major transportation hub for the region.
- Pura Parahyangan Agung Jagatkartta Temple is an ancient Hindu temple complex located near Cikupa that dates back to the 9th century AD.
- The Banten Sultanate ruled over much of western Java from the 16th to 18th centuries and had significant influence over Cikupa and its surrounding areas.
- Drs. Hj Ratu Atut Chosiyah, born in nearby Serpong but with strong ties to Cikupa, served as Governor of Banten Province from 2007-2014 and was a prominent politician from Tangerang Regency.
- Masjid Al-Ikhlas Mosque is an impressive landmark in Cipuka with wide dome-shaped roof architecture.
- Museum Benteng Heritage: This museum showcases the history of the Dutch colonial era and Indonesian independence.
- Taman Wisata Alam Mangrove Cikupa: Visitors can explore mangrove forests and enjoy outdoor activities such as kayaking and fishing at this nature park.
- Museum Batik Danar Hadi: Traditional batik textiles from various regions of Indonesia are displayed at this museum.
- Masjid Al-Azhar Cikupa: A mosque with a unique design featuring a large dome and minarets.
- Taman Potret Keluarga Mekarsari: An amusement park with various attractions for families to enjoy together.
- Pasar Modern Paramount Serpong: A modern shopping center with a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Monumen Perjuangan Rakyat Banten Selatan: This monument is dedicated to the struggle for independence in South Banten province.
- Baliem Valley Festival
- Jakarta International Film Festival
- Jember Fashion Carnival
- Dieng Culture Festival
- Ubud Writers and Readers Festival
- Solo Batik Carnival
- Toraja Funeral Ceremony
- Galungan & Kuningan Celebration
- Nyepi (Day of Silence) Celebration
- Temple Anniversaries (Odalan)
If you plan to visit Cikupa or any other region of Indonesia to attend one of these events or festivals, it is recommended that you check local event calendars or tourism websites for more information before making your travel plans as these events may change from year to year based on local customs and traditions or due to unforeseen circumstances like the pandemic situation etc.
- Bakso Malang Cak Man: a famous noodle soup restaurant that serves delicious meatballs with different flavors.
- Sate Taichan Pak Gino: a popular street food stall that offers grilled chicken skewers with spicy seasoning.
- Warung Nasi Bebek Sinjay: a traditional Indonesian restaurant that specializes in crispy duck dishes.
- Mie Ayam Tumini: a noodle house that serves homemade chicken noodles with savory broth and toppings.
- Soto Ayam Lamongan Pak Haji Slamet: a classic Indonesian soup stall that offers chicken soto (soup) with rice and condiments.
- Depot Es Krim Tahu Sumedang Bu Nana: an ice cream shop that sells unique tofu-based ice cream flavors such as durian, jackfruit, and chocolate.
- Rumah Makan Padang Sederhana Raya Cikupa: an authentic Padang-style restaurant that offers various spicy dishes made from beef, chicken, fish, and vegetables served on banana leaves.
- Pempek Palembang Pak Raden: a seafood-based snack vendor that sells fried fish cakes served with vinegar sauce and noodles or rice cakes (ketupat).
- Taman Wisata Alam Mangrove Cikupa is a nature park that boasts mangrove trees, bird-watching, and boat tours.
- Taman Rekreasi Cikupa Mas is a recreational park that offers various activities such as fishing, cycling, and playgrounds for children.
- Taman Kota Cikupa is a public park with jogging tracks, basketball courts, and open spaces for picnics.
- Lapangan Sepak Bola Pusdiklat Bank Indonesia is a soccer field used for recreational games and tournaments.
- Taman Wisata Alam Pinang Seribu is an eco-tourism park featuring hiking trails and camping facilities.
- Air Terjun Curug Leuwi Hejo is a waterfall located in the nearby village of Pasir Jaya that attracts hikers and nature enthusiasts alike.
- Air Terjun Curug Batu Kuda is another waterfall located in the nearby village of Sukamaju that offers scenic views and hiking opportunities.