Las Condes, Chile
Region: Las Condes
Geographic Coordinates: -33.411700, -70.550000
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 30.0°C (50°F to 86°F)
Climate: Dry and mild climate with hot summers and cool winters.
Las Condes is a district in Santiago, Chile that is known for its luxurious residential areas, Commercial centers and high-end restaurants. It was once an agricultural area but has since transformed into a bustling urban center with modern architecture and skyscrapers. The district is home to several multinational companies such as Microsoft, IBM and Coca-Cola. One of the main attractions in Las Condes are its shopping centers, Including Parque Arauco Mall which offers over 300 stores with luxury brands as well as local boutiques. Alto Las Condes Mall also features high-end retailers like Louis Vuitton and Prada.
Las Condes has many green spaces such as Parque Bicentenario de la Infancia which offers playgrounds for children and adults alike along with picnic areas that offer stunning views of Santiago’s skyline. Cerro San Cristobal Park provides hiking trails leading up to breathtaking panoramic views of the cityscape. The district also offers cultural experiences through museums such as Museo Interactivo Mirador which showcases interactive exhibits on science topics like physics or biology; Centro Cultural Palacio de La Moneda which displays contemporary art exhibitions from around Chilean artists; or Museo Ralli featuring works by Latin American artists including Salvador Dali.
Foodies will be delighted by Las Conde’s culinary scene where they can find some of Santiago’s best restaurants serving international cuisine alongside traditional Chilean dishes like empanadas or pastel de choclo (corn pie). Some top-rated restaurants include Borago featuring avant-garde Chilean cuisine, Osaka which serves Japanese fusion dishes, And Mestizo with its Mediterranean-inspired menu. Las Condes is also home to several luxury hotels that offer world-class amenities such as The Ritz-Carlton Santiago, W Santiago and InterContinental Santiago.
These hotels provide a comfortable stay for tourists who want to explore Las Condes while enjoying the luxurious lifestyle that the district has to offer. Overall, Las Condes is an excellent destination for those who want to experience modernity in a cosmopolitan setting while still being able to enjoy nature and culture. With its high-end shopping centers, Green spaces, Cultural attractions and world-class restaurants and hotels, This neighborhood is sure not disappoint any traveler looking for a unique experience in Santiago de Chile.
- Sky Costanera: The tallest building in Latin America, offering an observation deck with breathtaking panoramic views of Santiago.
- Parque Araucano: A vast park featuring walking trails, playgrounds, and cultural events.
- Centro Cultural Las Condes: A cultural center hosting art exhibitions, concerts, and theater performances.
- Alto Las Condes Mall: One of the largest shopping centers in Santiago with more than 300 stores and restaurants.
- Museo Ralli: An art museum showcasing a collection of contemporary Latin American and European art pieces.
- Espacio Riesco Convention Center: A modern convention center that hosts conferences, fairs, and events throughout the year.
- Bicentennial Park: A large park equipped with sports facilities, picnic areas, and a lake for kayaking and paddleboarding enthusiasts to enjoy.
- Los Dominicos Market: An outdoor crafts market selling handmade goods from local artisans.
- Casa Piedra Event Center: An elegant venue for weddings, corporate events or trade shows set amidst beautiful gardens.
- San Carlos de Apoquindo Stadium – The home stadium of the Chilean soccer team Universidad Católica located within the campus of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC).
- Las Condes is a district in Santiago, Chile that is known for its wealth and upscale lifestyle.
- The area is home to various high-end shopping centers, restaurants, luxury apartments, and other industries.
- These include financial services such as banks, investment firms, and insurance companies.
- Retail businesses are also prevalent with several large shopping centers like Parque Arauco and Alto Las Condes offering international brands.
- Real estate in the area caters to affluent residents with many luxury apartment buildings available.
- Technology companies have their offices in Las Condes due to its proximity to other business districts like Providencia.
- Hospitality businesses are also present with several five-star hotels catering to tourists and business travelers.
- Healthcare services are available through private hospitals and clinics that offer high-quality medical care.
- Education options within the district include prestigious schools and universities like Universidad del Desarrollo (UDD), which is considered one of the best universities in Chile for business studies.
- Entertainment options exist within the district as well including cinemas, theaters, bars, cafes catering mainly towards young professionals who live there or visit on weekends or holidays.
- The Battle of Las Condes occurred in 1541 when Pedro de Valdivia fought against the Mapuche people in Chile.
- Las Condes was established as a residential suburb for the upper class of Santiago by wealthy families in 1901.
- General Augusto Pinochet led a military coup on September 11, 1973, overthrowing Salvador Allende and establishing a dictatorship that lasted until 1990. Many members of Pinochet’s regime resided in Las Condes during this time.
- Pablo Neruda lived with his wife Matilde Urrutia in La Chascona, their house situated in Las Condes from 1955 until his death in 1973.
- Sebastián Piñera, Chile’s current president, grew up and was raised within the boundaries of Las Condes and has been involved with politics for many years.
- Los Dominicos Market is an artisan market located within the heart of Las Condes that offers handmade crafts from all over Chile and is one of Santiago’s top tourist attractions.
- Teatro Municipal de las Condes hosts various cultural events throughout the year such as concerts, plays, and dance performances.
- Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez is one of Chile’s top universities located within Las Condes’ boundaries that attracts students from all over South America to study business administration and law among other subjects.
- Centro Cultural Las Condes
- Museo Interactivo Mirador (MIM)
- Museo Ralli
- Parque Bicentenario de la Infancia
- Parque Araucano
- Iglesia San Vicente Ferrer
- Teatro Municipal de Las Condes
- Plaza Perú and its surrounding area, including restaurants and shops.
- Casa Piedra Event Center
- Santiago Metropolitan Park
- Club Deportivo Universidad Católica: This football club represents Las Condes in the Primera División de Chile (Chilean First Division) and is one of the most popular teams in Chile. It was established on April 21, 1937, and has won several national and international titles.
- Club Deportivo Manquehue: This multi-sports club competes in basketball, football, tennis, volleyball, among others. It was founded on July 4th, 1963.
- Club Deportivo Universidad Mayor: Another multi-sports club representing Las Condes in various competitions such as basketball and soccer.
- Stade Francais Rugby Club: A rugby union team that represents Stade Francais Paris’s branch located in Santiago de Chile’s suburbs (Las Condes). The team was founded on August 20th of 2019 to compete at the top level of rugby union competition for clubs from South America – Superliga Americana de Rugby (SLAR).
- Festival de Cine de Las Condes – A film festival that takes place annually in Las Condes.
- Fiestas Patrias – A national holiday celebrated in Chile, which includes parades, music, and traditional food.
- Feria Internacional de Arte Contemporáneo (FIAC) – An international contemporary art fair held annually in Santiago, including exhibitions and events in Las Condes.
- Expo Vinos y Sabores – A wine and food expo showcasing the best of Chilean cuisine and wines.
- Festival Internacional de Jazz de Providencia – An annual jazz festival featuring local and international artists held at various venues in Providencia, including Las Condes.
- Feria del Libro Infantil y Juvenil – A book fair dedicated to children’s literature with activities for kids such as storytelling sessions, workshops, and book signings.
- Santiago a Mil International Theater Festival – An annual theater festival featuring local and international performances held at different venues across the city including Teatro Municipal de las Condes.
- Fiesta del Sol – A summer solstice celebration with music performances by popular Chilean bands that takes place every year on December 21st at Parque Araucano in Las Condes.
- El Cachafaz is a popular eatery that is renowned for its Argentinean empanadas and pastries.
- Liguria is a traditional Chilean restaurant that has gained fame for serving delicious seafood dishes and pisco sours.
- Osaka offers an exciting fusion of Japanese and Peruvian cuisine, with creative sushi rolls and ceviche being some of their standout dishes.
- Mestizo specializes in contemporary Chilean cuisine, with an emphasis on using fresh, locally-sourced ingredients in their dishes.
- La Marmita’s menu highlights traditional Chilean stews such as cazuela and charquicán to give diners a taste of authentic local flavors.
- Baco Vino y Bistró offers wine enthusiasts a chance to sample some of the best wines from Chile and Argentina while enjoying Mediterranean-inspired dishes.
- Fuente Alemana is a classic sandwich shop located in Santiago that serves the iconic lomito sandwich – a must-try for any foodie visiting the city!
- Azul Profundo focuses on seafood-based cuisine, with an extensive wine list showcasing the coastal flavors of Chile.
- Boragó provides diners with a modern international dining experience that highlights indigenous ingredients from across the country.
- Terraza del León de Oro is perfect for those looking to enjoy great food & drinks while taking in stunning views of the Andes mountains from their rooftop bar & grill!
- Parque Araucano: This spacious park offers a range of recreational activities, including walking trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, and sports fields.
- Cerro San Cristobal: A hill that boasts breathtaking views of the city and is a popular destination for hiking, cycling, and picnicking.
- Parque Bicentenario: Positioned on the banks of the Mapocho River, this park features a lake with paddle boats, bike rentals, jogging paths and an outdoor amphitheater.
- Club de Golf Los Leones: A private golf club situated in Las Condes that showcases an 18-hole course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- Centro Cultural Las Condes: A cultural center that hosts various events such as concerts, theater performances, art exhibitions and workshops for adults and children.
- Municipal Pool Las Condes: A public pool complex with indoor facilities including swimming pools for adults & kids along with sauna & gym facilities available.
- Parque Juan Pablo II : An extensive park encompassing playgrounds , sports fields , fountains , sculptures etc
- Teatro Municipal de las Condes : The municipal theatre which hosts various plays , musicals etc
- Cerro Manquehue : Another hill located in Las Condes which allows trekking opportunities.