Geographic Coordinates: 30.041900, 72.352800
Temperature Range: 10.0°C to 40.0°C (50°F to 104°F)
Climate: Hot and dry climate with low precipitation throughout the year in Vihari, Pakistan.
Vihari is a beautiful and historic city located in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is situated on the banks of the River Sutlej, Which adds to its natural beauty. The city has a rich history dating back to ancient times, With many archaeological sites and monuments that testify to its past glory. One of the most prominent landmarks in Vihari is the Jahangir Tomb, Which was built during the Mughal Empire by Emperor Jahangir’s wife Nur Jahan. The tomb features intricate carvings and beautiful architecture that attract tourists from all over Pakistan and beyond.
Another notable attraction in Vihari is the Haveli of Nawab Sadiq Muhammad Khan Abbasi, Which was built during British rule in India. It served as a residence for Nawab Sadiq Muhammad Khan Abbasi, Who was one of the wealthiest landlords in Punjab at that time. Today, It has been converted into a museum where visitors can learn about his life and legacy. The city also boasts several parks and gardens where people can relax and enjoy nature’s beauty. One such park is Shams Park, Which has lush green lawns, Colorful flowers, Fountains, And playgrounds for children.
In terms of economy, Vihari is predominantly an agricultural region known for producing high-quality rice crops. Other crops grown here include wheat, Cotton, Sugarcane among others. The city also has several small-scale industries such as textile mills that provide employment opportunities for locals. Education plays an essential role in Vihari’s development; it houses several educational institutions ranging from primary schools to colleges offering undergraduate degrees across various fields like science arts etcetera. Overall Vihari offers an excellent blend of history culture education agriculture industry nature among other things making it well worth visiting or even living there permanently!
- 1. Tomb of Shah Shamsuddin Sabzwari
- 2. Burewala Textile Mills
- 3. Cholistan Desert
- 4. Harappa Museum (located in the nearby city of Sahiwal)
- 5. Jahangir’s Tomb (located in the nearby city of Multan)
- 6. Shrine of Hazrat Baba Fariduddin Ganjshakar (located in the nearby city of Pakpattan)
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and there may be other notable landmarks and attractions in Vihari as well as its surrounding areas.
- The major industries and businesses in Vihari, Pakistan include:
- Food processing
- Cotton crops
- Wheat crops
- Banking facilities
- Healthcare facilities
- Vihari is a district in Pakistan that was established in 1982.
- Despite its recent establishment, the region has a rich cultural and historical heritage as part of the larger Punjab province.
- The wider Punjab region is associated with several notable historical events and people.
- The Indus Valley Civilization, one of the world’s earliest urban civilizations, flourished along the Indus River from around 3300 BCE to 1300 BCE.
- Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro, two of its most famous sites, are located in what is now Pakistan’s Punjab province.
- In the third century BCE, much of present-day India and Pakistan was united under the Mauryan Empire.
- Emperor Ashoka, its most famous ruler who promoted nonviolence and religious tolerance throughout his vast empire after converting to Buddhism.
- Sikhism originated in what is now Punjab province when Guru Nanak founded it in the fifteenth century.
- Many significant Sikh shrines are located there today.
- From sixteenth to eighteenth centuries Muslim emperors from Central Asia known as Mughals ruled much of South Asia including Lahore which became their capital city for several decades during this time period.
- In 1947 British India was divided into two separate countries – India (with a Hindu majority) and Pakistan (with a Muslim majority).
- This led to massive population transfers between these two newly created nations known as Partition of India.
- Allama Iqbal played an important role in shaping Muslim political thought during British colonial rule in South Asia.
- He lived from 1877-1938 and was renowned poet-philosopher.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji founded Khalsa -the Sikh warrior community- in 1699 established five K’s that Sikhs follow making him one of the most important figures in Sikh history.
- Shams-ul-Emaan Museum
- Tomb of Hazrat Khwaja Ghulam Farid
- Shrine of Hazrat Baba Haji Sher Dewan Chawli Mashaikh
- Vihari Art Council and Gallery
- Sufi Saint Shrine of Pir Jamal Shah Bukhari
- Jinnah Park and Library
- Vihari Fort (historical site)
- Quba Mosque (historical mosque)
- Cricket: Cricket is the most popular sport played in Vihari. The city has produced many talented cricketers who have represented Pakistan at the international level.
- Football: Football is another popular sport in Vihari. Local clubs and schools organize tournaments and matches regularly.
- Kabaddi: Kabaddi is a traditional sport that is still played in many parts of Pakistan, including Vihari.
- Volleyball: Volleyball is also a popular sport among young people in Vihari.
I apologize for not being able to provide any information about specific sports teams and their histories as my capabilities do not include browsing the internet or accessing external databases at this time.
- Biryani: This dish is widely available at many local restaurants in Vihari.
- Barbecue: Many roadside stalls and restaurants offer delicious barbecue dishes.
- Doodh Jalebi: This sweet dessert made from fried dough soaked in sweetened milk is commonly served at weddings and other special occasions.
- Tandoori Roti: A type of bread cooked in a clay oven called tandoor that’s commonly served with curries or kebabs.
- Al-Habib Restaurant: This restaurant serves traditional Pakistani food like biryani, karahi, and kebabs.
- Chaman Hotel & Restaurant: This establishment serves Pakistani cuisine as well as Chinese dishes.
- Pakwan House Family Restaurant: Here you can find traditional Pakistani food like biryani, karahi, and barbecue dishes.
- Pizza Hub Vihari: If you’re looking for pizza along with other fast food items like burgers and fries this place has got you covered!
- Café 360 Degrees : Offering coffee along with sandwiches , burgers , pizzas , pastas etc., this cafe provides both indoor seating area as well as outdoor seating area for customers to enjoy their meals comfortably
- Mehak Sweets & Bakers : For those who have a sweet tooth Mehak Sweets & Bakers provides delicious sweets such as Gulab Jamun , Ras Malai , Ladoo etc., bakery items such as cakes , biscuits etc., Ice creams of different flavors.
- Jinnah Park
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park
- Fatima Jinnah Park
- Vihari Sports Complex
- Vihari Golf Club
- Vihari Cricket Stadium
- Jogging tracks in several areas of the city.
- Children’s playgrounds in various parks.
- Picnic spots along the river banks.
- Boating and fishing facilities at nearby canals and rivers.